Beginnings

When The Pack Stays Strong

With the rainy weather making the atmosphere gloomy, Sehun decided to go for a walk in the forest behind their estate. At first his leaders were a bit wary and only told him he could go if he brought someone else along but after some convincing from the maknae, he was able to have his peace. So here he was, following a trail to anywhere with his hands shoved into his pockets and his hood pulled over his hair. The rain was extremly peaceful and Sehun let out a sigh of relief as he continued walking. The shy was dark and thick with rain clouds, fog slowly settling on the forest floor. His mind slowly drifted into the memories of the past week which began with that weird scare that had the whole pack on guard. I highly doubt anyone was following me, I'm taking this out of context, Sehun thought. Then after that Kris and Suho told the pack to lay low and only go to work or school, no lingering around in between except for Sehun and his lacrosse practice. Speaking of that the kid that he dislikes had the name Hongbin and he nearly made it to being co-captain but the spot was reserved for Sehun anyways. His thighs were sore for the early morning practice and his back was hurting from getting tackled over and over. 

He didn't notice how much he had walked until he came across the curve in the trail that looked over the rest of the mountain. Fog and the sounds of rain and thunder gave the mountain an eerie feeling but Sehun was mesmerized by it. He squatted down, fixing the hood to his army green jacket and focused in on the scenery in front of him. The rain slowed down a bit to a slight drizzle and the whole forest got quiet. It was almost too quiet for a whole mountain but Sehun shook it off and stood back up again, ready to head home. However, when a sudden Minseok jumped out in front of him, Sehun changed his mind and wanted to stay. 

"Hyung! You scared the out of me!" Sehun yelled. 

"Sorry Sehunnie, but I came to check on you. How did you not sense that I was nearby?" He asked crouching down next to the younger. 

"I don't know I was out of it for a while. How are you hyung?" 

"Doing good. I have some questions for you." Minseok said casually. 

"Let me guess, courtesy of Kris and Suho?" Sehun asked. 

"Yep." Minseok smirked. "Anyways, are you okay? You've been a bit distant this past week." 

"I guess so." Sehun mumbled. 

"Look Sehunnie, you can always come to any of us ok and we'll listen. We're all a pack and you're our baby." The older smiled, pulling back Sehun's hood to ruffle his blonde hair. 

"Ya! I'm not a baby. I just so happen to be the youngest." Sehun smirked, and wiggled his eyebrows to Minseok. 

"Okay. Believe what you want Hunnie. So are you still freaked out over last Monday?" 

Truth is yes, Sehun was scared less but he wasn't going to let anyone know that. 

"No I'm good, it just creeped me out for a while you know. It was also my mom's anniversary so I didn't think much about it afterwards." Sehun said quietly. 

"Oh yeah, Yixing mentioned something about that. He said you missed her and this other stuff before you passed out. By the way it's so ing peaceful out here now I know why you like to leave the house." Minseok laughed, standing up to stretch his legs. 

"I know huh. Hey baozi-hyung?"

"Hmmm?" 

"You guys...wont....leave me right?" Sehun whispered, looking down at his maroon boots. Minseok looked over to the other and knew why he was asking this and then it clicked that he was second guessing himself or the pack. 

"No of course not. We love you too much to ever let your go. You're our Sehunnie." Miseok comforted, giving the other a sideways hug. "C'mon, Soo and the others made food so lets go eat ya?" 

"Oh God, I hope Jongdae and Chanyeol did not partake in food making." Sehun cried out, leaving the other in giggles as they walked. 

 

After eating, Baekhyun plopped down on the couch and began watching the latest episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, yelling every 5 seconds that he needed a new eyeliner. Chanyeol and Jongin though were tired of hearing the divas complaints and tackled the other off the couch, changing the channel in the process. The tv showed a news achor man and woman dressed in business attire, speaking urgently about an incident at a nearby park. 

"Oh my God look at what you pabos did!" Baekhyun scrambled up in search for the remote, mumbled something about missing out on the competition. He found it and happily changed it back, that is until Luhan and Yixing shouted out at him. 

"Wait go back, what was the news talking about?" Yixing asked loudly. 

"News." Baekhyun answered bluntly. 

"No Baek now go back." Luhan said, drying off a ceramic bowl. 

"Why?"

"JUST GO BACK FOR S SAKES." 

"NO YELLING IN THE HOUSE." 

"Shut it Suho!" 

Baekhyun angrily changed it back to the news and Yixing and Luhan stood behind the couch. They read the caption of the scene and immediately their jaws dropped. "HYBRID ATTACKS VICTIMS AT NEARBY PARK

"Why is there a bunch of yelling?!" Kris yelled from the staircase.

"Come down here oh God you wouldn't believe..." Yixing shakily said. 

Not only Kris but everyone came into the living room to see what all the arguing was about but only Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Yixing and Jongin stood in front of the tv watching the news with horror. 

"The hell is going on?" Suho said pointing to the screen. 

"There's been an attack." Chanyeol announced quietly. 

"On lookers say the man stood still for a few seconds before he turned into wolf-hybrid form and attacked people at the park. He then fled the scene in a rage yet no one knows where he went due to the chaos that just ensued in front of them. Police don't know who he is but they do have many sketch artists drawing down possible portraits. So far three adults and two children have died from their injures at the hospital, leaving behind grieving families waiting for the culprit to be caught. According to witnesses the man shouted the words, "They're after us, the youngest ones especially. They want them gone. They're young and unnecessary." No one knows what it means yet if anything it's nonsense spoken before the attack." The anchor spoke out sadly. It was too quiet as everyone took in the sudden yet gruesome news of the hybrid attack. 

"So what does this mean? What do we do now?" Tao asked. 

"I-I don't know but I do know that now the police and government will be all over our business so Suho and I will have to talk. But for now none of us are leaving this house. Sorry Sehun but you're gonna have to miss practice." 

"NO!" 

"YES!"

"NO PLEASE!"

"WHAT I SAY GOES OKAY!" Kris shouted, gaining the last word but everyone knew that was a big mistake because now Sehun will throw a silent treatment to him until he can go to practice. 

 

It's been the longest two two days of Suho's life and he was getting old of everyone in his pack. He loves them, he really does, but spending 48 hours together in a house without a break is too much. And it was Kris's fault. The overbearing leader was locking up the pack until further notice. So far Kyungsoo and Yixing have made enough food to last them 2 months, Sehun and Tao built and indoor slide using the staircase and a sled, Baekhyun turned Luhan into a drag queen, Chanyeol and Jongdae have pranked every single person about 4 times, and Jongin got locked in the storage closet for half a day. And by process of elimination, Minseok is the only normal and bearable person to live with. 

"Hey did you hear what just happened?" Chanyeol shouted out. 

"What happened now?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"You that suspect for the hybrid attack? Well the cops just found him hanging in his apartment." Now that statement drew the attention of the pack and they all came over to Chanyeol who was sitting in the living room. 

"Wait what happened?" Suho asked with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Well according to the news break, the police matched the sketches to a guy living in the Gangnam area but when they went over he wouldn't answer so they busted down his door and there he was, hanging in the living room." Chanyeol explained, unmuting the tv. 

". I wonder who it was, there aren't many hybrids in the Seoul area." Kris stated. 

"Maybe we can do some investigating? Chanyeol and Tao can go tomorrow and see what's up." Suho offered, noticing the excited smiles on the other two's faces. 

"I'll think about it later. But I guess this means that-" Kris was cut off by Sehun's phone going off for the eighth time in 5 minutes. "SEHUN WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE?!" 

"MY COACH KEEPS CALLING ME. PROBABLY WONDERING WHERE THE HELL I AM." Sehun yelled back, holding up his phone so the leader could see. 

"Answer it then." Kris said calmly, watching the maknae's face go from confusion to excitment in 0.0002 seconds. 

"Hello?...hi coach....I'm at home....I'm sick...no I'm not lying...no I'm not mad at Hongbin...you do? Ummm ok here's my..mom!" Sehun threw the phone to Suho in a panic, afraid the elder was going to drop the phone. Everyone else smirked and held in laughs at Suho being called a mother but the statement was true regardless. 

"...Yeah okay sorry...bye." Suho hung up the phone and tossed it back to Sehun. "You're going to practice tomorrow and I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER I AM YOUR LEADER!" 

"Same thing." Sehun smirked and turned towards the kitchen. 


Chanyeol despised being woken up three hours earlier than what he was used too but he couldn't ignore Kris's shouts from the room. 4:35 am. . He stood up slowly, taking his sweet time to grab clothes and stretch. Thankfully Tao was getting the same treatment by Suho, three doors down. 

"Ya! Hurry up and shower, you and Tao have some things to get done." Kris said, pushing Chanyeol into the bathroom. 

"Rude." Chanyeol scoffed, pulling his white cotton shirt off his torso. 

He was worried, really worried. When everyone was getting to bed, Kris and Suho pulled him, Tao and Luhan into the library to discuss the plan for today. Luhan retold his tale of Jackson's warnings and how there's been a hybrid threat in China and now Korea. Chanyeol had been on his laptop all day researching the incidents Luhan talked about including the recent one at the park and they all seemed a bit sketchy. From Chanyeol's view, evidence wouldn't match up and there always seemed to be a key point of evidence missing. When looking at the images all thanks to his hacking skills, there was always someone in the background like Jackson had said and it all seemed linked but he couldn't grasp why. 

"Hurry up!" Suho called out from the otherside of the door. 

"Don't rush me!" 

"Tao's already done showering and you know that boy loves the water so hurry it up!" Suho countered back, forcing Chanyeol shut off the water. 

He quickly slid on his jeans and black t-shirt, followed by a leather jacket and converse before going downstairs to the leaders and Tao. 

"Chanyeol I was just finishing explaining to Tao the plan. Basically you two are to head over to Gangnam and look through the suspect's apartment. Try and find as many things as you can that can link him with those weird guys at the other crime scenes. I want you both back at 4 no later. Yeollie, you have the address right?" Kris spoke. 

"Yep. Let's go Tao." Chanyeol smiled, waving goodbye to their leaders. 

 

The streets were pretty dead even though it was almost time for people to be clocking into work at this hour. Rain puddles were scattered all over the roads and sidewalks, getting splattered whenever the rare taxi would drive by. Tao was less talkitive this morning which was weird because if there was someone else who wouldn't shut up besides Chanyeol and Jongdae, it was Tao and Sehun. 

"Hey Tao?" 

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright? You're a bit quiet. Are you hungry?" Chanyeol, being a good hyung and offering food. 

"I just...this whole thing with a secret group scares me a bit you know? This is what happened like two years ago and I don't think I can handle it again." Tao confessed. 

"Panda, we'll be okay. For now things are just a bit chaotic but we'll get through it." Chanyeol smiled, throwing an arm around the other's shoulders. 

"Okay. I believe you. But what do you think that guy meant when he said "They're after us, the young ones. Oh no." or some like that?" Tao asked. 

"Well I'm not sure yet but I think he meant the youngest generation of wolf-hybrids that are still out there. Hybrids like us." Chanyeol replied lowly. They turned a corner and were met with an apartment building and at the third floor a smashed window could be seen. "We're here." 

The duo entered the building quietly through the glass doors and took the plan into action. Tao went down a hallway that went past the bathrooms and faced a door with the painted on words "Employees only." on it. Tao crouched down and pulled out a black bobby pin from his pocket and skillfully began to pick the lock. Within a handful of seconds he was able to open the door and went in, seeing how there was another dimly lit hallway with a security room at the end. He sprinted down it and messed with the knob, getting into the room with ease. Inside there were monitors set up on desks with the screens spilt into sections showing different parts of each of the 5 floors. On one screen he spotted a familiar elf-eared man and began his work. First he focused on erasing the footage that was just captured to prevent anyone from seeing him and Chanyeol. Next he paused all activity on the third floor and cut the cameras. Lastly, Tao disconnected each monitor and took the power cord with him.  

Bright yellow police tape was hung up all over the cracked door of room 17C. The smell of a hybrid was strong in there and it sadly confirmed that they were in the right place. Chanyeol watched the security cameras shut off from the corner of his eye and waited for Tao to get up here. Thankfully at this hour there were no security guards clocked in yet and no one was at the front desk so at least no one had seen the two walk in. Ding. Tao stepped out of the elevator, his hair was slightly disheveled and his hoodie was sliding off his shoulder. 

"You cut the cameras?" Chanyeol asked, reaching forward to pull the tape away. 

"Yep, I even took the power cord too." Tao smiled, showing the other the cord that was shoved into his pocket. 

"My God Tao. Let's just get this done with, the smell is too bad." Chanyeol orders, scrunching up his nose at the foul scent. 

He ripped the tape away with some force, reaching for the brass knob with scratches and dents on it. With a small push, the door swung open lightly to reveal the dusty apartment. Tao shut the door behind him and followed Chanyeol through the home, careful not to touch anything without gloves on. Chairs were either thrown to the side haphazardly or were bashed in, the kitchen table had a knife stuck in it and a radio in the bathroom was still on. Curtains with rips through them were closed shut and only a sliver of morning light went through onto the hard wood floor. Speaking of the floor there were claw-like marks that covered the surface at all angles. Tao went to the bedroom and walked around the bed that was messily made and pulled a pair for gloves on so in case police came back there wouldn't be any traces of Chanyeol nor Tao. Skimming through drawers of clothes, Tao found a journal with some pages ripped out and others had all the words scratched over with pen. He heard Chanyeol rummaging through the bathroom, shaking bottles of pills and such. The soothing sound of the song that was on the radio made the setting eerie for some weird reason. 

An hour had passed by the time the two had looked through everything so now they were kneeling down in the bedroom, looking in between every nook and corner for something. It was quiet and the only thing that made noise were the cars from below and the soft hum from the radio. It was then when Chanyeol was about to say something, when they heard the doorknob to the home being jiggled with. The two boys looked at each other with wide eyes and looked for a quick exit. When Tao moved the curtain a fire escape was placed there whether by good luck or not but they booked it out of there. Just as Tao had lifted the window, he saw a chain with a red emblem tossed under the bed. He dove for it and heard the door open and voices echo throught the apartment. With a swift move he learned form wushu, he slid out the window and shut it, running after Chanyeol down the red metal steps. Too impatient to actually run to the bottom, both men jumped from the second story and sprinted down the alleyway and onto the street, running into pedestrians who were enjoying their morning. They continued their sprint until they were nearly home, stopping to take a breather. 

"Oh...my...god...did that...just happen?" Tao gasped, bending over to clutch his sides. 

"C'mon let's just...go home." Chanyeol said, patting Tao on the back before he began to walk. 


Hey there! Sorry this update took a while but I needed some inspiration lol. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and there's a lot more sction stuff to happen so subscribe and comment :3 <3