Repeat Mistakes

Green Eyed Monster

"What the actual ?"

"Oh hey, I'm moving in Baekhyun hyung's room," Sehun greets Chanyeol who is currently stuck gaping at his belongings neatly folded and arranged in the living room of their dorm. These were things he just painstakingly moved and arranged into his new shared room with Baekhyun a week before. Why the hell are they out here?

Sehun did not seem to mind the elder's silence and continued to carry boxes of his things into his new room. Baekhyun then walks out of the room carrying a huge box of what Chanyeol could only assume as more of his stuff. He notices the presence of the taller but ignores him completely.

Chanyeol curses under his breath.

Byun ing Baekhyun is doing this far too calmly to be upset.

He's ing screwed.

"Baek," Chanyeol tries to reach out to the brunet to stop him from moving more of his things out of their room.

"Don't," Baekhyun just says, the seriousness of the voice rendering Chanyeol motionless, he easily dodges the younger's attempt at taking hold of his arm. The word seemed so final it hurt Chanyeol more than it should.

Baekhyun enters their shared room once again the same time Sehun walks out. He notices the disturbed appearance of Chanyeol this time around so he tries to explain the situation as best as he could.

"I'm sorry, but I think it's the best you leave him alone for now," the youngest tries, when he blocks the way after Chanyeol makes a move towards the bedroom. Chanyeol stares down at the other blocking his path, unbelieving that the youngest is actually on Baekhyun's side without even explaining to him what the hell is happening.

"Baekhyun hyung…is emotional right now," Sehun struggles to find the right words to explain the mental state of his new room mate. He can't exactly say that the room is actually a mess inside with how the elder practically destroyed the room when he threw everything in sight against the wall. There was no screaming, there was no crying. It was just the sound of items breaking upon contact with the wall. It was pure anguish. It kind of broke Sehun's heart too.

When Baekhyun calmed down enough, he just stood up from where he was slumped at the floor from exhaustion to look for boxes. Sehun had to rush into the room to collect the broken pieces of glass and mirrors from the floor, afraid that the elder might hurt himself further. He was obviously in no condition to even look at where he was stepping.

Baekhyun catches Sehun in his room when he comes back, cleaning up the shards. In his arm was the boxes they used previously during their move. He just stares at the youngest, eyes dull and empty.

"Move in with me."

Sehun barely heard the request, it was almost a whisper, a plea probably, a cry for help. The youngest just nods his head in agreement before focusing once again on his task. He realized then that he needed to clean up the room fast.

Baekhyun just moves around silently in areas that Sehun deemed to be safe from sharp objects that could harm him, collecting any of his lover's possessions that he did not break and packing it in the box. No words were exchanged during the clean up, just the sound of glass being swept into a dustpan and shuffling of feet.

Sehun helped Baekhyun collect some of the clothes lying around their room. He looked on helplessly when the other refused his help to fold them neatly, just asked the youngest to put out the boxes he already packed in the living room. The exchange of rooms was not even approved by their manager yet, but Sehun agreed to do it anyway. Anything was better to watch his hyung suffer alone, right?

"Just move Sehun. You have no business in this," Chanyeol asks the younger, but the other stubbornly refuses to move.

"Please don't go anywhere near him Hyung," Sehun firmly requests.

Chanyeol is taken aback by the tone of the other. Is Sehun really meddling into whatever problem it is that he has with Baekhyun? This is a couple's problem and should not involve other people.

"I think you're overstepping your boundaries Sehun," Chanyeol challenges the other and tries to forcefully move the younger away from blocking his way. But Sehun is actually stronger than he looks, so he stays rooted to his spot. "This is none of your business," Chanyeol growls at the other male, his patience wearing thin. Every minute that Sehun refuses to move is every minute wasted to clear things up with his upset lover.

"Yeah? Well, it starts to be my ing business when you've hurt Baekhyun hyung far too many times! It becomes my ing business to cheer him up when his idiotic boyfriend starts to upset him again! It will always be my business when you start ing up to pick up the broken pieces of Baekhyun hyung!" the youngest bursts out loud, chest heaving from the anger he's been bottling up.

Chanyeol just stares at the younger in amazement, never really having had the chance to hear him so upset about something.

"You! You've hurt him too much and you don't even know half of the story everytime he tries to act like he's okay! You don't hear him cry in the bathroom late at night! You don't even ing bother to talk to him properly after patching things up with him! You don't ask him what hurt him and how you can change! You just say sorry as if that would solve everything not to mention the !" Sehun actually scoffs at him. "Do you think you're male god with a magical that would make everything okay? You're just covering up the problem hyung! You're not even solving anything!" he continues to rant, the tips of ears red from the frustration, slight lisp coming out due to the stress.

"You're so ing selfish hyung!"

"Sehun, look. I-" Chanyeol tries to explain to the irate man.

"No. You've lost your chance. It's about time I take a chance for myself too!"

The last sentence startles Chanyeol and stares at Sehun in disbelief. HIS chance?!

"Sehun…"

A small voice interrupts their staredown. It was Baekhyun, head hung low as if studying the patterns on their marble flooring.

"Come in please," he says and tugs on the youngest's shirt.

Sehun sends one last menacing glare to Chanyeol before entering the room before Baekhyun.

"Baek," Chanyeol cries out in despair. "Let me explain please," he begs.

"Goodbye Chanyeol."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Door clicks close.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 


---## A/notes:

I'm just going to casually remove the complete icon and not even going to bother saying this will be the end of GEM 3 because the IG drama is giving me feels.

This is more of a self indulgent fic so no need to tell me what I wrote is not realistic and . People choose to believe ChanBaek will be okay and I truly hope so too.

But really, sometimes I wish Yeol will suffer a little bit too. Maybe it's the Hanamuke feels speaking, I don't know. But yeah, no need to bash my story if you don't agree with me.

SeBaek is giving me immense feels too. So why not?

Unbeta'ed. I told you. It's a self indulgent fic so it's crappy.