Learning Chinese

Produce 101 one-shot Collection

Title: Learning Chinese

Pairing: Eunwoo x Jieqiong (Pinky)

Lenght: 709 words

 
 
It was 10 pm when Pinky's bedroom door shut open. They had had dinner not too long ago and Zhou Jie Qiong was sitting on the floor, wearing her pjs, with a bunch of candies resting on her lap. She was calmly removing the envelopes one by one before bringing them to and didn't even bother to take a look at the person now leaning on the door frame.

Eunwoo chuckled as she observed her roommate. Pinky could be a little weird sometimes, and although Eunwoo was very much used to it, the taller girl never failed to amuse her.

 

"Can I ask you something?" She finally spoke as she sat near the Chinese girl, making her finally look up.

"Sure. What is it?" She asked while happily munching on a banana candy.

"I want to learn Chinese".

Pinky returned her gaze to the few sweets left on her lap, deciding on which one she would eat next. "That's not a question". She craftily retorted.

"Can you teach me?" Eunwoo then went straight to the point, ignoring her roommate's obvious statement.

Now things were starting to get slightly interesting enough for Pinky to pay attention to the wavy-haired girl. "Ok, what is this all about?"

Was she sounding suspicious? Eunwoo wondered. "I just want to learn Chinese!" Too late she realized she was sounding a little defensive. She fake-coughed. "I want to learn other languages. And since you're here I thought 'why not starting with Chinese'?"

Pinky brought a hand to her chest and seemed exaggeratedly horrified . "You're using me". She dramatically stated.

"Yup". Eunwoo simply replied as she stood up and sat on her bed, patting an empty spot by her side. Pinky laughed and finally followed her roommate, sitting down next to her.

The truth is Eunwoo knew how much Pinky wanted them to learn Chinese, they knew how she wished for them to become a popular k-pop girlgroup in China, just like T-ara or Girls' Generation. Pinky had offered many times to teach them Chinese but they had always declined by saying "not now, Pinky-yah, maybe later" and similarities. They were too lazy and lacked motivation, as their debut still was nowhere near to be seen.

But Jung Eunwoo knew Zhou Jie Qiong like the palm of her own hand, so even if the foreign girl hadn't said anything, Eunwoo knew she'd been a little homesick lately.

She wanted to do things that reminded Pinky of home. Not in a nostalgic way, but to make her feel that home was not that far away.

"Ok, where shall we start?" Pinky was now looking straight at her, and Eunwoo could already tell she was excited. And that excited her, too.

"The basics". She shrugged. "You're the teacher".

And Pinky let a sigh escape her up-curved lips before they started with the first Chinese lesson.

 

 

An hour and half had passed, a period of time that consisted of basic Chinese conversation and vocabulary, and Eunwoo's many failed pronunciation attempts followed by Pinky's adorable laugh, followed by adorably embarrassed Eunwoo playfully hitting the other girl's arm.

But all of that energy was now almost dead as the bright Korean girl started to feel sleepiness weighing over her body. They were now laying in bed next to each other while Eunwoo tiredly tried to repeat the Chinese words that kept coming out of her roommate's mouth. Pinky's pink pyjamas mixing with Eunwoo's green ones as the latter cuddled closer to her.

"Thank you, Pinky-yah, let's sleep now". The shorter girl muttered with her eyes closed while hugging Pinky's waist tightly.

The new human pillow chuckled.

"Okay~". She replied, bringing her fingers to gently run through Eunwoo's light brown locks.

 

She let silence take place while she watched the sleepy girl start to doz off.

 

"Oh, just one more thing".

The now-annoyed girl let out a soft groan. "What?"

 

"Wo ai ni".

 

Pinky smiled to herself as the soft, perfect Chinese pronunciation made its way to Eunwoo's ears, making the latter exhale loudly.

"I know what that means, silly". She replied.

 

"I know". Pinky's smile remained intact as she finally closed her eyes. "I love you, Eunwoo".

 

And Eunwoo smiled, too.

 

"I love you too."