Chapter III

Café Petite

Taek-Woon's day started as usual; 6 o'clock, crawl out of bed, shower, hair and teeth brushed, begin the process of breakfast, and wake up his relectant-to-admit best friend, who weirdly enough, was absent from his room and the rest of the house. The older man wasn't too happy with his friend's lack of communication with him and his schedule change. With Jae-Hwan's unexpected absence, there was extra food, a waste in the quiet man's opinion, for you cannot fully enjoy a meal once it is reheated, and packaged up the rest for later.


Halfway through his task of placing the leftover scrambled eggs and pork belly in the fridge, Taek-Woon's phone goes off, it's refrain startling him enough to drop the container before barely catching it. Huffing in anger, he slams the door shut after placing the food inside, and quickly retrieves his phone from the end table. Won-Shik's name flashes across the screen and the device nearly flies from his grasp as he swiped the screen.

'Good Morning. :)' was the only thing in the message, his last text being from their first encounter, and Taek-Woon blushed, despite the fact that no one was around.

'Morning.' He replies simply, wondering what the blond wanted early in the morning.

'Ready for today? :)' Taek-Woon tilts his head in question, wondering what the man meant.

'Yes, I am always ready.' He sends before dropping the arm holding the device to his side as he does what little cleaning needs to be done to the already spotless living quarters.

'I can't wait. :)' Won-Shik's texts were strange to Taek-Woon but he decides to accept it has the man's chipper behavior, sending 'I am too.' before placing his phone on the end table and unwinding the vacuum's cord.


10 o'clock rolled around and Taek-Woon slipped into his trench coat and boots, wrapping a colorful scarf around his neck, a gift from his best friend, slipping out the apartment door, before locking it. From here on he'll ride the elevator down, conversing with his next door neighbor, Mrs. Oh, or more along the lines of the elderly lady speaking animately while the younger nods and smiles. They would step off the lift on the ground floor and would exit together, Taek-Woon opening the door for the sweet woman who gushes about his manners. He would bow, causing her to rave once again on his civilities before they parted ways, Mrs. Oh going left while he would go right, heading for the grand park two blocks away.

The park was spacious enough for a large play ground and a full size football field, flowers of all colors and trees of all sizes were clustered here and there, a bench placed under each of the trees canopy; one mentioned group was placed a few feet from the field, allowing Taek-Woon to watch the children or teens play a round or two of the sport despite the chill that promised winter. Sometimes an occasional leaf would gracefully fall into his lap and he would twirl it by it's stem between two fingers before he allowed it to fly away once again.


It would hit 12 o'clock and he would remove himself from the bench and exit the park, heading to his next destination. This destination was a thirty minute walk from the park, allowing him to enjoy the weather for once winter hit he would change his routine which allowed him less time outside. The journey was peaceful, the sidewalks barely full despite how many people lived in the city, and it cut the time in half. With a smile he watched the light at the crosswalk, waiting for it to switch to green and allow him to access the other side. The standing man in red flicked to a walking one in green and Taek-Woon walked across in a slightly rushed manner, knowing well that the light did not remain green for long.

It seemed that his knowledge was right as a lady dropped her bag, some of it's contents spilling out onto the painted lines. He was quick to help her before returning her bow with his one. He was quick to follow her pace, but was almost struck by a car, but the vehicle simply continued on it's way, and leaving a disgruntled Taek-Woon on the side of the road. He straightened his clothes and huffed in the direction the transportation device went in, before successfully making his way to the sidewalk.

"Hey," a deep voice causes the ravenet to pause, allowing a tall man with a dimpled smile to reach him. "are you okay?" The man looked genuinely worried as he fiddled with his camera. The shorter man nods plainly, stepping a side to walk past the stranger only to be stopped by the brunet's hand around his arm. The action caused Taek-Woon to flinch and the other's expression turns to a frown, misunderstanding the ravenet's action. ", you are hurt." He mumbles, spinning the other around and thoroughly examining him for injuries. "No, no. I'm fine." Taek-Woon quietly yet forcefully retorted, pulling his body away from the overly concerned man. "I just don't like to be touched."

The man reluctantly let the subject slide, "I'm sure I have a shot of their license plate. We should report them to the police." He insisted instead, holding up the clearly expensive Polaroid. "Again, I am fine. I need to go." Taek-Woon was growing agitated, he was never good at keeping his temper in check. "I really need to go, but thank you for helping m-" "Hong-Bin, Lee Hong-Bin." He interrupts despite the other clearly not wanting to know his name. "Thank you, Hong-Bin-shi." The ravenet quickly bows before taking off, getting as far away from the camera man as civilly polite.

This 'Hong-Bin' threw a wrench in Taek-Woon's routine. The distressed feeling would not leave as he resumed his travel to the cafe, leaving him fighting with the headache from the whole situation. His cephalalgia increased when he walked up to the cafe's door, the sign reading 'Closed', and a deep sigh leaving his lips. This day was just turning out to be great, he sarcastically admits in his head, preparing to leave and head home when a flash of blond caught his attention.

"Taek-Woon-hyung!" Won-Shik's voice broke through the older man's pounding head. "Sorry I'm late, hyung." The younger smiled, looking handsome in a black beanie with a matching jacket, snug jeans, and red Jordans. The elder simply shook his head, before asking one of the most important questions in his world. "Why is the shop closed?" The younger furrowed his brow in confusion. "I told you last night that Hak-Yeon-hyung is dealing with Hong-Bin-shi today." The dark haired male growled to himself. That Hong-Bin seemed set on ruining Taek-Woon's day, rather he was there physically or not.

"We did not speak last night." He returned, his own brow furrowed. "Yeah, we did hyung. I texted you. We're supposed to go to the museum today." The older man shook his head and pulled his phone out, opening the messaging app before revealing the screen to the younger. "That's not right, hyung. See?" The blond in turn showed his own phone, message app opened as well to the full conversation they did appear to have last night. "You invited me to go with you to the new museum exhibit. It says you wanted to meet here at the time of your usual arrival." Taek-Woon definitely did not text any of that to the younger male, but he did know who did, and that individual was going to be beaten within an inch of his life when Taek-Woon would meet Jae-Hwan again.

When he returned his focus on the younger, he was surprised to see the look of rejection on his face. The dark haired male was quick to explain his housemate and reassured the younger that they would still go together-after they ate of coarse-and Won-Shik placed an even bigger smile on his face before he held out his arm and made the gesture to start walking.

He would still beat his best friend to a pulp, after he thanks the other first; for Won-Shik's smile seemed to make his headache vanish in an instant.


A/N: Here it is, Part 3. Sorry it took so long to post it. I have lost all motivation this past year and it does not seem to be getting any better in this new year. By the way, Happy New Year! In honor of my birthday, I would like comments-good or bad- and advice (god knows I need it). Thank You! \(^.^)/