Chapter II

Café Petite

"Well hyung, you're going to hate me for saying this," Jae-Hwan takes a handful of buttery popcorn from the candy striped bowl between the two of them. "but you're in love." Taek-Woon wrinkles his nose in disgust at his friend's mess in his mouth. "Swallow before you talk," The older chises the man. "and how  much in love am I?" He finishes off the sentence with a few pieces from the bowl. "Deep hyung, like Grand Canyon deep. You're 'Jack who freezes to death for Rose' deep, but wouldn't you be Rose?" The elder glares at the younger, offended by the fact that he had refered to him as female.

"Sorry hyung, but what's so wrong about all of this?" He pauses the movie,  a Werner Brother's film with singing animals, before turning and facing his introverted friend. "He sounds great, a bit cinnamin roll for me, but he's not into me." "But he's never met you." The quiet man had a hard time following his younger friend. "Exactly, but if he did he'd brush me off like a speck of dust on his coat sleeve. He's just as crazy about you as you are with him from the sounds."

"But what if he's like all of them?" Taek-Woon nearly whispers, memories he wish would disppear playing in his head. "That's the thing hyung," Jae-Hwan lifted the bowl and sat it on the coffee table before scooting closer to his big brother-like friend. "you won't know until you take thet chance." The younger had placed his hand on the other's shoulder as he spoke. "Things are different, you've got me now, and just becuase I look cute doesn't mean I won't tear someone's throat out for you." He squeezes the elder's shoulder before smiling. "Plus, you've got his cousin on your side. If that Hak-Yeon doesn't beat up this Won-Shik for hurting you, He'll beat him up for being ing stupid." Taek-Woon scolded his friend again for using such a bad word.

"Sorry hyung, but you've got to admit that Hak-Yeon doesn't leave you alone at his cafe for too long, and rather you like it or not, you have another friend besides me. Of coarse I'm your favorite, yes?" All Taek-Woon had to do was sigh and Jae-Hwan got his answer. "Okay, so you set up a date with him or probably knowing you, he'll beg you for a date. Do say yes, please and make sure he meets me before your second date." Taek-Woon fixes the younger man with a look of disbelief. "Of coarse there's gonna be a second date, unless I state otherwise, though very unlikely." The  older man simply stood up and made his way to his bedroom, needing time to process what all came out of his best friend's mouth.

Jae-Hwan scowled when he releaized his friend simply walked away, pouting when he heard the bedroom door shut. "Whatever." He grumbles before turnign the film back on and lifting the bowl into his lap. It was when the penguin got electrocuted that he heard Tixx's 'On and On' playing, ironic for the movie's current scene, and spotted his hyung's phone on the end table beside the couch he draped himself over. He quickly sat up on the couch nearly spilling the popcorn everywhere before he reached for the smartphone. The name 'Won-Shik' popping up on the screen causes a smirk to appeara on the younger's face, typing in the four digit pin that his hyung thought he would never guess.

Jae-Hwan knew the risks of touching Taek-Woon's phone, but his urge to play match maker overode his fear. "Hyung's gonna be so happy." He says as he taps on the messaging app;

'Hey Taek-Woon-hyung, Hak-Yeon-hyung is closing the cafe tomorrow, something about a dimpled jerk who needs beaten?'

Another message popped out after that one;

'I thought I'd let you know so you wouldn't be confused by your routine change, sorry hyung.'

Jae-Hwan giggled at the other's kindness, this piece of information though strengthened his decision. He cracked his fingers, knowing that he'd  have to play his hyung to make this work.

'Thank you, Won-Shik.'

He waited a bit to continue knowing his Taek-Woon would do the same.

'Since you're free tomorrow, do you wanna go to the music museum? They have a new exhibit I want to see.'

Jae-Hwan bit his thumb nail in anxiousness for the other's reply, it felt like the date was meant for him instead of his reluctant best friend.

'Sure, what time?'

Jae-Hwan squished a throw pillow aginst his mouth to stop from squealing, his plan is working!

'The same time I go to the cafe, why don't we meet there too? It'll be easier.'

He pumped his fist in the air as Won-shik texted back his approval and a farewell. The mischevious man did a mental dance in his head before deleting the messages that transpired between them, just in case his friend does decide to check his phone in the mornning, and locked it again. He placed it back on the end table and proceeded to shut off the movie, the tv, the player, and threw the leftover popcorn outside for the birds, before returning the colorful bowl back to the kitchen and made his way to his  own bedroom.


A/N: Part 2, my thirst for fluff is quenched for now. Enjoy! The movie is 'Cats Don't Dance' and I figured I would use a parody name of VIXX (aka TIXX) because they aren't singers in this story. Thank you and enjoy!