Misunderstanding

Chocolate

“Hey, Sol! Mingyu’s waiting,” shouted Yulhee from the living room. As a good host, she had to accompany Mingyu, Solbin’s boyfriend, there until his girlfriend came out of her room.

“I know,” Solbin shouted loudly from her room. She was in rush to put make up on her face. “I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“It’s okay, Sol. Don’t be too rush~” shouted Mingyu then he took a sip of his drink that was served by Yulhee.

“You spoil her a lot, don’t you know that?” Yulhee stared at Mingyu sternly. When Solbin was out of her room, Yulhee hurriedly walked to her and whisperred, “You don’t forget to bring the chocolate along, do you?” But, unfortunately, it was still audible in Mingyu’s ears.

“No. I already put it in my bag,” answered Solbin as she patted her hand-bag.

“Good! Don’t forget to give it to him, okay?”

Mingyu frowned. Him? The chocolate is for me? He thought.

“Aye, aye!” exclaimed Solbin then she walked to where Mingyu sat and greeted him cheerfully. “Hi, Ming! Sorry for keeping you wait for me.”

Mingyu smiled widely at Solbin, who was stunningly standing in front of him. She wore a knee-length maroon dress, her hair was curled a bit and her make up suited her well. She had a hand-bag, white furred coat and white heels in her hands. “Nah! It’s okay, you know~” Mingyu said. He got up from his seat then walked to Solbin to hug her by her waist. “By the way, you look so pretty today,” he said after giving Solbin a quick peck on her cheek.

“She always looks pretty,” Yulhee interrupted. She looked at the happy couple while blowing her nose with tissues.  “Where are you going to go by the way?” she asked.

“That’s none of your business, Miss!” answered Mingyu then he sticked out his tongue, teasing Yulhee.

Yulhee huffed in annoyance. “You’re so mean, Mean-gyu!” she exclaimed.

Solbin chuckled to see both of them having a little ‘fight’. Then she led Mingyu to walk to the door. “We’re going now, Yul!” she said after taking her boyfriend’s coat from the hanger and gave it to him. “Don’t forget to eat your medicine and eat well, okay?”

Yulhee nodded as she smiled reassuringly at Solbin. “Go safely, guys!” she said to the couple. “Oh, Gyu, take care of Sol very well and don’t go home late or you aren’t allowed to go out with her again!” Yulhee warned before they walked out of the apartment.

“Yes, Ma’am!” exclaimed Mingyu steadily. “Yul’s so fussy!” he said once he and Solbin were out of the apartment and walked hand in hand in the corridor to the lift.

Solbin chuckled. “That’s because she loves me,” she answered. Not long after that, they were already in the first floor of the apartment building. “Where are we going by the way?” Solbin asked as they walked to the bus shelter.

“I don’t know,” asnwered Mingyu while swinging Solbin’s hand with his.

Solbin frowned confusedly to hear the answer. “Yah! How could you not know?” she answered. “This is your idea,” she added.

Mingyu nodded. “Yeah, but I haven’t decided where to go,” he admitted. “You can name a good place and we’ll go there for sure.”

“Is it okay?” Solbin looked at Mingyu hesitatingly.

Mingyu nodded again then he freed his hand from Solbin’s to hug her shoulder. “Yes, as long as we’re together.” He snuggled to his girlfriend’s hair that made the girl chuckle.

“Cheesy!” Solbin exclaimed. She then went silent for a while to think of the place they would go. “Hmm… let’s go to the amusement park!” she excitedly shouted while looking at Mingyu with her sparkling eyes. “Sounds good, right?”

Mingyu chuckled to see how excited Solbin was and he could not say no whenever he saw that kind of eyes of hers. “Yeah. Call!”

 

***

 

Mingyu and Solbin had played lots of games in the amusement park. They had so much fun that day and it seemed like they would not stop until they got tired. Finally, after who knew how long they played together, they stopped playing after Solbin said she was hungry so both of them went to a food court to have lunch together.

“Hey, Sol!” called Mingyu while munching his french fries.

“Hm?” Solbin hummed without looking at Mingyu but her food instead.

Mingyu remembered about the chocolate stuff he heard at the apartment and he could not help not to talk about it, but he would try not to make it obvious. “Is it true if a chocolate is a sign of love from a girl to a boy she likes?” he asked.

“It depends,” answered Solbin, finally looking at Mingyu. She drank her orang juice and continued her words, “Some girls do that, but the rest… Oh!” her eyes suddenly went wide then she took her hand-bag from the table and opened it in rush. “Oh, God, I almost forget it,” she said after she took out her cellphone from her bag. “I have to call someone, Ming! Wait for me here for a minute, okay?” and without waiting for Mingyu’s reply, Solbin rushed out of the food court.

Mingyu was curious, but he did not have any idea so he continued eating. His eyes suddenly stopped at the chocolate in Solbin’s bag that was still opened. The chocolate is for me, right? He thought. And who’s she’s calling right now? His eyes went to his girlfriend’s figure who was talking with someone on the other line. “What’s happened?” Mingyu asked to Solbin after the girl had come back to her seat.

“Nothing,” answered Solbin, “but I have to meet someone at the park. Can we go there now?”

“Huh?” Mingyu frowned for a while, but then he nodded. “Umm… sure. Let’s go!”

 

***

 

“Don’t you want to give me something, Sol?” asked Mingyu when they walked in the park hand in hand.

“Huh?” Solbin turned her face to look at Mingyu. “Why should I do that?”

Mingyu shrugged and grinned while rubbing his nape timidly. “I don’t know,” he said, “but you know, I’d like everything you give to me.”

“Cheesy!” exclaimed Solbin as she chuckled. “Don’t you have to give me – Ming! Ice cream!” She pointed at the ice cream parlor in the park then tugged Mingyu’s coat to get his attention. “I want to eat an ice cream~ Can you buy one for me? Pleaseee~” And she started to show off her aegyo so her boyfriend did not have a heart to refuse her request.

Mingyu laughed. With or withour your aegyo, I’ll do everything for you, Sol! He thought as he messed up with Solbin’s hair. “I’ll buy it, Sol! Wait for me!” he said then he rushed to the ice cream parlor while his girlfriend was looking for a bench to sit.

 

***

 

“Oppa!” Solbin stood up from her seat as she waved at the man who was just entering the park’s gate.

The man looked at Solbin’s direction and hurriedly ran towards her. “Sorry I come late,” he said as he bent down in front of her and tried to catch his breath.

“Nah, it’s okay! We just arrived anyway,” answered Solbin. She patted the empty space beside her, signing the man to sit, but he shook in response.

“We?” asked the man with a frown on his face after he could breathe normally.

Solbin nodded with a wide smile. “My boyfriend and I,” she answered then pointed at Mingyu’s figure who was still lining up in the ice cream parlor. “He’s buying an ice cream for me right now.”

The man nodded. “He’s kind, and handsome. Suits you well, Sol!” he smiled at Solbin who just laughed it off. “So, what’s the matter?” he asked to the point. He was busy doing his job in his office when the girl called him for a meeting. She said it was important so he hurriedly went there.

Solbin did not answer it directly but opened her hand-bag instead. She took out of a box of chocolate and gave it to the man. “Here! Yul told me to give this chocolate to you,” she explained. “She’s sick so she could not give it to you by herself.”

“Huh?” The man frowned confusedly. “But why all of a sudden she wants to give me this?”

“She said you wanted to eat chocolate two days ago and yesterday, she spent her time in making that chocolate.”

“And she’s sick because of this?” the man started to feel guilty.

Solbin shook her head in response. “Nope. She didn’t eat well and worked out to much to lose some weights,” she answered. “She wants to be thinier so you won’t be embarrassed to have a girl like her…”

“What?!” cut the man. He looked so surprised with Solbin’s answer. “Oh, God… I don’t mind with everything she’s got now. She’s too worried, I tell you.” He sighed heavily.

Solbin nodded. “Agree,” she said. “I told her that you’re different from any other man who just looks a girl by her appearance, but she didn’t believe and said all men are the same.” She shrugged.

“She was wrong,” said the man as he looked at the chocolate in his hand. Then he lifted his face to look at Solbin. “I need to see her now,” he said. “It’s okay if I visit your place, isn’t it?”

“Yes, sure. Just don’t make her condition worst with your presence!” said Solbin while showing off her teasing face to the man.

“I won’t!” promised the man then he pinched Solbin’s cheek lightly.

“Aw, that hurts!” groaned Solbin as she tried to pull the man’s hand away, but then she was stopped when she saw Mingyu walking closer to them. “Oh, Ming!” she exclaimed happily and it made the man automatically release his hand from Solbin and turn his body to face the girl’s boyfriend.

Mingyu was confused with the scene in front of him while bringing two ice creams in his hands and he even narrowed his eyes on the man.

“Hi!” greeted the man to Mingyu. “You must be Bing’s boyfriend, right? I’m Wonwoo, her friend.” He pulled out his hand to Mingyu for a handsake.

Mingyu gave an ice cream to Solbin and then shook the man’s hand lightly. “Mingyu,” he said simply.

The man nodded. “Well, I have to go now,” he said once their hands off from each other. He looked at Solbin and pinched her cheek again shamelessly. “Have a nice date, Bing!”

“Bing?” asked Mingyu to Solbin once the man left. He took a seat next to his girlfriend and looked at her suspiciously.

“That’s my nickname from him,” answered Solbin casually then eating her ice cream happily. “It’s so delicious, Ming… Oh, what’s with that face?” she asked after she saw the bitter expression from Mingyu.

“Sol, I think you owe me an explanation,” said Mingyu to the point with a stern tone. He the ice cream that melt on his hand and continued saying, “I saw everything! You gave him a chocolate that is meant for me, he pinched your cheek shamelessly, you two laughed happily…” he stopped as he looked fixedly at Solbin, “are you two really just friends?”

Solbin nodded. “Yes, of course,” she answered. “We’re close friends, Ming. We’ve been friends since we were in elementary school and he’s Yul’s boyfriend, for your information,” she added while looking at Mingyu’s eyes that were fixed on hers. “It’s normal, you know, to act like that.” She paused for a while to eat the ice cream, but then her eyes widened when she realized something. “Hey! How could you know that I brought chocolate?” Solbin asked with a frown on her face. “And that’s not meant for you at the first place. Yul told me to give that chocolate to him.”

Mingyu did not anwer but looked at her instead with a reddened face. He was jealous and a bit angry because of the last event, but he felt embarrassed more after being caught up from the chocolate thing.

“Ming, are you mad at me?” asked Solbin worriedly as she tilted her head slightly. She was afraid of course if Mingyu was and she did not want it happen. “You know, Ming, it was just a mis – ”

“Don’t be too close with any other man, Sol,” cut Mingyu in a stern tone. He did not even care with the ice cream in his hand that started melting. “I’m your man. Don’t ever be too close with any other man or I’ll get jealous.”

Solbin gulped in nervous then nodded. “I’m sorry, Ming…” she admitted in guilty tone.

Mingyu sighed. He felt bad to make Solbin feel guilty, but he could not help himself not to do that. It’s normal being jealous, isn’t it? He thought. “It’s okay. It’s clear now,” he said as he closed their gap and patted Solbin’s shoulder lightly.

Solbin smiled a bit then she took out a box of tissue and gave it to Mingyu. “Hurry up, eat your ice cream! It melts. What a waste!” she said then started to eat her ice cream.

Mingyu chuckled as he wipped off the ice cream liquid from his hand. “Hhh… I wished that chocolate was meant for me. What a disappointing!” he said as he leaned his back on the bench.

“What a pit - Oh! I just remember some-other-thing.” Solbin looked for something in her bag for a while then she took out a navy blue wool muffler with her free hand. “Jajjan!” she exclaimed happily as she showed it to Mingyu. “I don’t have chocolate for you, but this,” she said then put it on Mingyu’s lap. “Looks god, doesn’t it? I made it by myself.”

Mingyu’s eyes widened. “Really? Woah, that’s cool!” he took the muffler to have a proper look at it. The design was simple, but it was good. “Thank you, Sol!” he said as looking at Solbin lovingly.

“Never mind~” said Solbin. After she finished with her ice cream, she took the muffler from Mingyu’s hand. “Let me put it on your neck!” she said then started to wrap her boyfriend’s neck with the muffler. After that, she looked at Mingyu for a while, judging his look. “Hmm… you look so good with that!” she smiled happily.s

Mingyu chuckled. “Thank you,” he said. Then a good idea came up into his mind in a sudden. “Hey, I have something for you too!”

“Hm? What’s it?” asked Solbin curiously.

“Close your eyes!”

Solbin frowned at Mingyu’s command, but still closed her eyes eventually. Not long after that, she felt the corner of her lips wet and cold. She abruptly opened her eyes and touched her lips. It was the liquid of ice cream. “Yah! What are you doing?!” she asked in annoyance. She was about to wipe it off, but her boyfriend stopped her.

“No, no… let me do it!” Mingyu said. Instead of taking the tissue to wipe the ice cream off, the boy leaned his body to Solbin and started to clean it with his kisses.

Solbin’s eyes widened in surprise then she hurriedly pulled Mingyu away before the boy could do something more serious. “Seriously, Ming… we’re in the public!” she exclaimed with a reddened face. She cautiously looked around and then sighed in relief after she found out no one paying attention at them.

“No one cares~” Mingyu said as he nailed Solbin’s nose. “How does my gift taste?”

“Idiot!” Solbin slapped Mingyu’s upper arm then she cleaned her lips with tissue.

Mingyu laughed and then hugged Solbin by her shoulder. “But you love this idiot, don’t you?”

Solbin rolled her eyes then nodded. “Yeah, you’re right,” she answered as she looked at Mingyu with a stern-loving face. “I’m idiot too, I guess.”

 

***

 

I know I still have unfinished stories to do, but I couldn’t help myself to type this heol…

The story is inspired by an MV from Yoon Jongshin feat Seventeen’s Vocal Team titled Chocolate too. The video is so overwhelming att first but funny at the end lol. You should check it out if you haven’t watched it!

Hey, does one of you know how to find Laboum’s fanfic?? I want to read one~

Don’t afraid to tell me what you’re thinking about this story! I don’t bite~ lol

Thanks for reading!