The Amber - Sequal

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“So… You are telling me that I was a spirit that got reborn?” Jeongyeon cocked her brow as she placed her coffee down. Nayeon had offered to treat her to a cup of coffee as she explained everything to her.

 

“And you are also telling me that we were together?” Jeongyeon said as she waved her finger towards Nayeon and then herself. The latter nodded. Jeongyeon still couldn’t believe what the latter was saying. How could she? Being an atheist, she wasn’t going to fall for this nonsense that the latter was talking about.

 

NY: you don’t believe me do you?

 

JY: What do you think Ms. Im?

 

NY: I..

 

JY: Then tell me, what is my favorite food?

 

NY: You were a spirit! You didn’t eat…

 

“Then we have nothing more to talk about Ms. Im. I’ll be leaving for a meeting now.” Jeongyeon said as she got up and walked away. Nayeon wanted to stop her but she knew that with Jeongyeon’s amnesia, her words would be on deaf ears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, Jeongyeon went back to the office to find an envelope on her desk. She flipped it around and looked at it but saw that there was no name or anything. Curious, she opened it up and found an address in the envelope.

 

“Should I check…?” Jeongyeon mumbled as she contemplated whether to or not to.

 

After work, Jeongyeon found herself following the GPS to a fenced apartment. She greeted security, whom smiled brightly at her and greeted her by her name. Jeongyeon was taken aback because she had never seen the man before. She followed what was written on the paper and arrived to someone’s doorstep. Reaching for the doorbell, she rang it a few times but there was no reply. Just as Jeongyeon was about to leave, she turned to see Nayeon.

 

“Oh? Jeongyeon~” Nayeon said with a smile on her face.

 

“You gave this to me?” Jeongyeon said while holding the envelope up, un-amused.

 

NY: Yup~ Since you are already here, why not go in for a seat? I’ll cook us a meal.

 

Jeongyeon didn’t refuse because of her growling stomach and sat herself at the counter while the latter was cooking on the stove in front of her. Oddly enough, she felt like she was at home even though she wasn’t in her own home; everything just looks in place. Jeongyeon got out of her seat and asked if she could look around, which Nayeon allowed. She walked towards the living room and sat on the sofa looking at the pictures of Nayeon and a familiar person she had seen during work, park Jihyo.

 

“What’s the relationship between you and Ms. Park?” Jeongyeon asked as she returned to the counter.

 

“Close friends and explorer buddy. We worked on an article about rare birds.” Nayeon answered as she turned off the heat.

 

JY: Ahh, I’ve seen… You are lucky that they appeared in a whole group near your camp.

 

NY: and it’s all because of you- … I mean the spirit.

 

As soon as Nayeon mentioned that, Jeongyeon frowned. She still can’t wrap her mind around being a spirit that had loved the latter. Soon, her daze was cut short when Nayeon placed the plate of eggrolls on the counter and served the latter some cup noodles.

 

JY: I thought you were cooking?

 

NY: Yea, cooking eggrolls and ramen in a cup~

 

Joengyeon rolled her eyes before picking at the “eggrolls”

 

JY: Eggrolls? They look like charcoal!

 

“Ya! Appreciate! I think they are good-“ Nayeon was about to eat one when Jeongyeon stopped her. She grabbed the piece Nayeon was holding with her chopsticks and took the whole plate away to dump the food into the bin.

 

“I’ll make some edible food… Eating chard things increases the chances of illnesses…” Jeongyeon said as she put on the apron. Nayeon looked at the latter’s back view and smiled. She was still as caring as ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon was back in Jeongyeon’s office, asking her if she was free after work. Wanting to help the latter remember, she decided to take her on a shopping trip. Jeongyeon retaliated but was nevertheless, dragged to the mall with Nayeon. The taller girl couldn’t believe how childish the older one was. They went places like the arcade and café but it was all Jeongyeon watching Nayeon do stuff.

 

After the café, Nayeon dragged Jeongyeon around to window shop for clothes.

 

“I remembered I bought you this outfit~” Nayeon said as she touched the coat on the mannequin. Jeongyeon could only nod her head because she didn’t remember.

 

Nayeon moved to the next store and tried her best to help Jeongyeon remember about their first “date” but to no avail. On the other hand, Jeongyeon was getting quite pissed because the latter was wasting her time, which could be spent completing her editing.

 

Nayeon was about to drag Jeongyeon to the 7th store when she had enough.

 

“No.” Jeongyeon said as she stopped and pulled her hand free from Nayeon’s grip. Nayeon, whom was taken aback, looked at the emotionless face of the latter.

 

JY: This is enough. I am just wasting my time here.

 

NY: I am trying to help you-

 

JY: Well Ms. Im, sorry to burst your bubble but I cant remember anything that we, presumably, did.

 

“Jeongyeon… J-Just give me a chance.” Nayeon said with a hint of desperation as she grabbed on to Jeongyeon’s arm. But again, the latter pulled away.

 

“Ms. Im. You are really testing my patience now.” Jeongyeon said, trying to hold her anger back.

 

Not wanting to make the latter snap, Nayeon backed away and apologized before looking at Jeongyeon disappearing into the crowd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace. It was what Jeongyeon felt for the last 3 days but not today. The guilt from confronting Nayeon back at the mall has started to kick in and affected Jeongyeon in her work. Because of this, the latter can’t seem to concentrate on what she had been doing. In addition, her higher ups even chased and nagged at her about the quality of her work. Jeongyeon knew there was only one way to fix it.

 

She stepped in front of the door and knocked.

 

NY: Come in.

 

JY: Good morning.

 

NY: Oh, Ms. Yoo, how may I help?

 

‘Ms. Yoo.’ Jeongyeon hated the sudden distance that she had always wanted. Ironic.

 

JY: Are you free tomorrow? It’s a public holid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter