Frosty the Snowman

Frosty the Snowman

Whoa! He’s rapping! Well, I mean he’s a rapper but . . . whoa! If you think his voice is y from hearing it in music videos, or performance and event videos, or whatever other TV shows, you have not heard it in real life. It’s, well . . . there’s really no other way to say this . . . it’s –

Knock out, it's a knock out, knock knock knock knock

He's rapping, while staring at me! Why is he staring at me?! Is there something on my face?

When I see you, I get knocked out

I instinctively raise my hands to cover my face. He grabs my wrists and gently pulls them down again.

Wait, my hands reach out, shall we go out? You're a knock out

He isn't letting go of my hands.

I don't want him to.

He isn't looking away from me.

I don't want him to.

He's leaning towards me.

I want him to!

He's leaning closer towards me. 10 cm, 9 cm, 8 cm, 7, 6, 5 . . . I close my eyes. I can feel him coming closer. Then he stops. A mere centimeter away from my flushed skin. I feel his hot breath moving towards my right ear. I squeeze my eyes tighter than ever. His lips hover over my burning red ear, and he sighs.

you-ah, biyanada.”

I slowly open my eyes and try to look at him. He tightens his hold on my hands, warning me not to.

“What's wrong”, I whisper back.

“I really like you, you-ah. But this is wrong. One should only kiss a person one knows he/she is in love with.”

So, I guess that means he doesn’t love me. Well, what did you expect you! This isn’t some drama. Your prince charming (though he’s not exactly what I picture prince charming looks like) isn’t just going to appear out of nowhere, fall impossibly in love with you, and make your happily ever after come true! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Literally. I literally smell coffee. While I was off in my own world, cursing my stupid stupid stupid self, he had pulled back and is drinking the coffee I completely forgot he got for us. I look down at the coffee in my hands. And I quickly take a gulp of it. I feel the hot liquid burning my tongue and throat, and I wince. Well, that ought to wake me up.

“So . . .”

I quickly look up at the sound of his voice. He’s back to his weird, but cheerful, self. I think. Well, he’s acting like nothing just happened, at least.

Okay, so I guess I should follow his lead. This is probably his way, his very nice way, of saying I’m not interested in someone like you . . .

“So . . . what?” I ask, with a hint of hurt in my voice.

A furrow appears on his forehead, and he looks like he’s about to say something. But he quickly closes his mouth and gives a little shake of the head. He puts on a smile and says, “So what else do you do around here?”

I look at him, trying to figure out what he’s not saying. Finally, I shrug. If today’s my one and only day with him, then I am going to make sure it is fun. No sulking, or pity parties. That would come after . . . when’s he’s gone . . .

Enough. Answer his question, you.

“I don’t really know. I only ever come here to skate.”

“Some guide you are”, he scoffs.

“Well, I’m sorry”, I say, a bit miffed.

He grins and says, “Alright then, follow me.”

“Follow you? What would you know about this place? It’s not like you come here often . . . or at all”, I grumble. Well, it’s true! What is it with k-pop artists never coming here? You’d think this place has a disease or something.

He snickers at my sour expression and I quickly glare at him. I’m grinning inside, though. I am so glad he’s happy again. Forget all the complicated stuff. As long as he’s smiling, I’m smiling too.

“Anyways, if you’re done glaring?” He gestures for me to start walking. “I do know where I’m going.”

I raise my eyebrows at that, while I start walking. “How could you possibly know where you’re going? You haven’t been here before . . . have you?!” I stopped immediately.

“Ani”, he laughingly replies, “but I did do some research so I would know where I would go and not get lost.”

“Oh.” I start walking again, quickly. you, you pabo! Of course, he would have a plan. He’s a tourist! Tourists don’t just go around an unfamiliar country without any clue as to where they’re going . . . well, unless they want to end up in a situation where they have to go to other people's houses to use their phone and call for help, and then who knows what will happen . . .

Meanwhile, while you’re having your little mental rant, you can hear him chuckling again. But then he suddenly stops.

“Yah, you-ah, look.”

We stop beside a wide field of snow. There are a lot of kids running around on it. I wonder what they’re doing here.

“Look over there, you-ah.” He points to an army of snowmen.

“Whoa, why is there is so many snowmen here?” I exclaim out of surprise.

“You look like you’re in shock, you-ah”, he says while laughing quietly.

“Well, I am. I’ve never seen so many snowmen before. I haven’t even made one yet.” I distractedly answer him; still looking at all those snowmen.

“Bwoh?!” He suddenly exclaims.

His sudden outburst makes me jump a little, and breaks my stare at the snowmen.

“What are you screaming for?”

“You haven’t made a snowman yet?! Not one?!”

“Ani, wae?” I really don’t get what all the hype is about. What’s the big deal?

“You. Have. NOT. Made. A. SNOWMAN!!!”

“Ahh, shincha! What’s wrong with you? It’s just a snowman”, I complain to him.

“It is NOT just a snowman! You’ve had a deprived childhood!”

He quickly pulls me towards the end of the snowman army.

“We are making a snowman”, he firmly states.

Then he takes my coffee from me, which I haven’t finished yet, and puts it down on the bench near us. He puts his coffee beside mine, and quickly turns back to me.

“Okay, now, start rolling snow”, he points at my feet.

I can’t believe we’re actually doing this. But he’s serious about it – he’s already almost done the bottom part. So, I start working on the next part.

We quickly finish putting together our three-part snowman, and only with a few falls on my part! I slipped about 10 times? Who am I kidding?  I ‘slipped’ exactly 12 times. I would have gone for 13, or more!, but we already finished the snowman, so yeah . . . I really did slip the first time, but then after feeling his strong yet gentle hands lifting me up, I couldn’t help but ‘slip’ just a tiny bit more . . .

you-ah, we’re almost done! We only need to decorate him.” He’s grinning from ear to ear. He’s so excited about this! How adorable!

“Yah, why is it a he? We could make it a she”, I teasingly suggests.

“No, we can’t! Have you never heard of Frosty the Snowman? Snowmen are men! It’s even in their names!”

At that, we both have to laugh! The ­boy man makes a good argument.

As we start to decorate our very own snowman, I hear a strange low sound . . .

He’s singing – no, rapping! – Frosty the Snowman!

Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul,
With no corncob pipe and a button nose
And two eyes made out of stone.

Grinning at my awed expression, he rips a button out of his coat. I, somehow, manage to grab a couple of stones from the ground, and we both put it on the smallest ball of snow.

Then he starts to rap again . . .

Frosty the snowman is a fairy tale, they say,
He was made of snow but the woman
Know how he came to life one day.

He looks at me intently, his grin gone; his eyes burning a hole on my soul.

Finally, he reluctantly looks away and continues with his rap.

There must have been some magic in that
Old wool toque they found.

I put my toque on the snowman, wanting something of mine to be a part of our creation, just like his button is.

For when they placed it on his head
He began to rap around.

SeungHyun quickly goes behind our snowman before he continues, waving his arms around and making it look like the snowman is the one that's actually rapping . . . I can't stop laughing.

O, Frosty the snowman
Was alive as he could be,
And the woman say he could laugh
And play just the same as you and me
.

At the end of his amazing, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping rap, he pops his head out from behind the snowman and laughs a great big laugh with a pure sound and a refreshed face. I know it's cliche to say this, but . . . it really does look like he just stepped out of a magazine. His hair, his eyes, his skin, his nose, his mouth, his smile, his lips, his . . . everything.

At that moment I knew . . . I fell in love.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biyanada! I was busy and lazy (a horrible combination, I know) to update this winter break. I hope everyone is having a good break tho?

Anyways, this chapter is extra long. I hope you didn't get bored reading it :S

Also, I tried to make this as light as I can but I couldn't do it on some part. I hope you still like it, tho.

(sad is easier to write than happy for me, check out my other story: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/108907/hourglass-korean-oneshot-romance-sad-supernatural. lol! just thought I'd advertise a little :P)

Also, I've started using the automatically-inserting-your-own-username format. instead of ~~~~~. I already changed my earlier chapters, too.

Oh, the words are words that I/TOP changed from the original song, while the phrases are phrases that I've used as chapter titles.