Thumpetty thump thump

Frosty the Snowman

We are skating peacefully, probably on our third lap around the rink, and I am getting over the whole I-can't-believe-I'm-actually-holding-hands-with-the-real-and-amazingly-gorgeous-TOP thing. But then suddenly, I feel a tug on my hand . . .

Bam!

I turn my head to see what is happening. My eyes widen in disbelief, and my jaw drops open. 

I cannot believe what I am seeing.

TOP is on his knees, on the freezing ice rink floor.

He is clutching something tightly on his right hand, which he is extending towards me . . .

He meets my eyes, and blushes . . .

I look at my left hand , where I can see my long, pale fingers . . .

He follows my eyes, and sees the fingers on my left hand . . .

Then he gets up from the floor, where his knees, chest, and face were all awkwardly pressed on the freezing ice rink floor because of his embarrassingly pathetic fall. He gets up, still flushing with embarrassment, and gives me my gloves which he pulled from my left hand when he fell.

Meanwhile, I'm trying my best to hold my laughter in. Believe me, it isn't easy. His fall is not exactly how an idol should fall . . . in fact, it isn't how anybody should fall. He was completely sprawled on the floor; the most dumbfounded look on his face.

A giggle escapes my tightly pressed lips. He immediately glares at me.

I start to laugh uncontrollably; I can't help it. His glaring eyes coupled with his flushing face are hilarious. He has such an intense and charismatic face, but he has the cutest expressions ever! Of course, he doesn't know that. That's what makes me laugh so much. He thinks he's such a tough guy.

Through the tears in my eyes, I see him leaving.

"Yah, wait!"

He turns his head to give me a parting glare, and keeps skating away.

I feel a slight twinge in my chest. I skate as fast I can towards him.

"Hey, wait up! Where are you going", I shout at his retreating figure.

I finally catch up to him at the edge of the rink.

"Yah, why did you leave?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like you're interested in skating anymore", he irritably replies.

So cute!

"Sorry about that, you were just so adorable", I laughingly reply.

He grabs me by the shoulders, and his smoldering eyes look directly at mine.

"Yah! Do you think a guy is happy hearing that?!"

I'm speechless. I can't tear away my eyes away from him. He is just so close . . .

His eyes mesmerize me; it captures my gaze and holds me prisoner.

His eyes start to change. The smoldering look fades from his deep, deep eyes. It is being replaced by a gentler, and yet, somehow, still intense gaze. He looks even more deeply into my eyes, and a sweet smile blossoms from his soft lips.

I feel weird. My body feels light as a feather, except for where his hands are touching me. Those places feel so warm, as if there is a fire is lit beneath it. I can feel every single contour of his beautifully shaped hands. I want to touch them . . .

My heart skips a beat. I jolt back into reality.

I forcefully tear my eyes from his. I look at my frozen feet and try to compose myself.

“A-ahem . . . u-umm, w-what w-was y-your question?” I can’t help but stutter as I peek at him through my hair.

He blinks.

“I honestly can’t remember.”

“O-oh . . .” I look back down to the ground. I don’t know what to say . . . I can’t even look at him!

He moves his hands down from my shoulders to my hands, leaving a trail of tingling flesh behind him and a burning face.

He holds my left hand again, and whispers in his deep voice, “Let’s go.”

----------

We head towards the skate rental shop. He steers me to a bench, and we sit down.

I glance at him. He is looking at me.

He sees my look, and raises an eyebrow. I quickly look away.

I hear him take a big a breath, and then, “YAH! You’re not the one who fell, remember? So how come you can’t talk? Don’t tell me . . . my fairy godmother cursed you, didn’t she? She took away your voice because you kept laughing and teasing me? Ha! That’ll teach you to mess with the one and only T.O.P.”

I can’t help it. I have to laugh at that.

“You are so weird, TOP-shi”, I say through my giggles.

“Finally! I was starting to worry you really did lose your voice . . . and have to kiss you to make you well again”, he smirks at me, while I gape at him. “You know what they say: it’ll heal faster if you kiss it better.”

I gulp, and mentally berate myself. Why, oh why, did you have to speak, you?

“Hmm, turning quiet again, are we? You know, there are much easier and faster ways to make me kiss you”, he playfully leers at me, “Just ask.”

Breathe, you. Breathe.

“N-no, t-that’s alright.” I think . . .

He laughs. He laughs so freely and happily, as if he has no worries at all. His whole face lights up when he laughs. It’s very infectious. I start laughing myself.

“You’re funny . . .”, he trails off, “huh, I don’t even know your name.”

He looks at me with a curious light in his eyes.

“Um, annyeonghaseyeo, my name is you”, I formally greet him with a 90-degree bow.

“It’s really odd doing this now, but . . .”, he straightens up and bows at me, “Annyeonghaseyeo, I am Choi Seung Hyun. It’s a pleasure to meet you, you-shi.”

My heart skips a beat again as he says my name, and won’t stop pounding even now. Poor heart, I’m making it work so much today. Oh well, how often do you get to meet someone like him?

Stop daydreaming so much, you!

you is fine, SeungHyun-shi. I’m not used to Korean formalities.”

“Then, you should just call me SeungHyun, too.”

“Wae? You’re older than me. It’s not normal for me to address you just by your name.” Not that I really mind . . .

“Didn’t you just say that you're not comfortable with Korean formalities?”

“Oh no, I meant I’m not used to hearing my name with –shi after it, but I have no problem with calling other people with their appropriate titles.”

“Then . . . since I’m older than you, and a guy, you should call me . . . oppa, right?”

“Oh, um, yes, of course . . . SeungHyun oppa.” I feel a thrill go through me as I say his name.

I see a shy smile cross his face, just before he turns his face away to try and hide it.

It makes me want to .

“Oppa . . .”, I say with as much aegyo as I can.

I see him jump a little. Hehe.

He turns back to me, a faint blush on his cheeks, and clears his throat, “Y-yes?”

I point at our skates, and then look at the people in line for the ice skates.

“I think we should return these, don’t you?” I bat my eyelashes at him.

He starts to roar with laughter, while bending down to take off his skates.

“W-what?” I flush.

“I think . . . you should . . . stick to . . . skating . . . and leave . . . the acting . . . to me”, he says in between his laughter.

I start to angrily take off my skates, too. Batting eyelashes isn’t as easy as it looks, you know? It’s not a simple matter of closing and opening your eyes . . . okay, so maybe it is, but it still takes a lot of skill to do it beautifully! It’s not like he can do any better . . . never mind, he can. I grimace at the thought.

Once I am able to fully untie the laces on my skates, and my flaming cheeks are back to normal, I look up to see how he's doing . . . . . . but he’s gone.

I frantically look around for him. Left . . . right . . . left  . . . where is he?!

I quickly yank off my skates, and exchange them for my shoes. Once I feel my shoes on my hands, I shove my feet in them, still craning my neck around to see where he is. I start to back walk towards the skating rink . . .

Where is he?

Crunch. Crunch.

Where is he?

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

What do I do?!

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I walk faster and faster, until I’m almost running.

Then I hear it. His voice is calling out to me.

“Yah, you! Wait up!”

I freeze on my tracks. I turn around, eager to see the man whom that voice belongs to.

I wait for him, enjoying the sight of him running towards me. It makes me feel like I’m an important treasure he must capture and never let go.

That’s right, oppa. Come here. I’m waiting for you.

He stops in front of me, slightly out of breath.

He looks up at me, and grins.

“You run really fast”, he says while handing me a cup of coffee.

“Oh, you went to buy coffee?”

“Yeah, cause I’m ORIGINAL
Even the corner store coffee’s name is T.O.P

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry!!!

I know I said I would update on friday, but I didn't. I'm sorry >.<

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter though, and will leave a comment below. I'd like to hear what you think ^-^