Chapter IV. Accidental

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents.

Bob Ross

Chapter IV. Accidental

He was getting annoyed. He wasn’t sure if she was doing it on purpose or if she was just honestly dumb but it was getting on his nerves. There were a few guys that had started talking with the girls, being all friendly and all of that. The thing that annoyed him the most was that they were making skinship, especially with Mirae and he had no way of pushing those guys away without causing troubles.

If he just intervened and tried to push them away, the guys could end up wanting to have a fight and while he was more than sure he could beat the crap out of them, it wasn’t a good idea. He couldn’t let them be all touchy either because then he wasn’t sure if they would try something weird on her or slip something in her drink while being all touchy.

In the end, he just moved towards them and then wrapped his arm around Mirae’s neck. He gave her a big smile though she looked at him surprised and then looked towards the others as if it was his first time seeing them.

“Miss me, dear?” he spoke loud enough for the guys to hear, watching with the corner of his eyes how they slowly retreated.

“What was that for?” Mirae glared as she looked at the bodyguard, trying to remove his arm from around her neck and push him aside.

“I didn’t bring you here to pick up random guys.” He mumbled as he settled at their table, lifting her glass to smell it, just in case.

He had been watching her but he wasn’t sure if in the small amount of time the guys moved around the table if they pulled something or not. He couldn’t tell because he couldn’t see the glasses so he wanted to make sure. It was commonly known that some guys tried to drug the alcohol or drinks of girls in order to get them all submissive and they did look like they were girls that came alone to the club so it was dangerous.

He didn’t have his drug tester with him because he had not thought it was necessary to take the pin out of the office. It was a small device that proved very useful in testing different liquids and see if there was any other ingredient inside of it. It was pretty high tech and pretty expensive so he didn’t write it down on the list of things he could need.

Even if there was no weird smell, he knew there were plenty of drugs that did not have a smell so he proceeded to take the glass and pour whatever was left of it inside another glass. He did the same with the drinks of the other two girls and then pushed the now filled cup away from them. He wasn’t one bit happy but at least he would look like an overprotective boyfriend in other people’s eyes and not as a bodyguard doing his job.

“This is hardly necessary.” Mirae frowned and then turned her head to her friend to whisper something in her ear.

“Try not to get the table covered. I need to see it just in case they slip something in the drinks...” Kyuhyun leaned closer to her to be able to properly get her to hear his words. “What’s that?” he frowned again when one of the girls returned with three bottles of bear.

“You’re ruining our fun. It was alright until you came. Go away.” Mirae pushed him in the ribs and then turned her body around to open the beer and drink from it.

She wasn’t in the mood for him interfering with her fun. It had been all well until the guys approached and now the fun was all spoiled. He had done a good job staying away from them and letting them have fun on their own so why was he meddling now? She had even been ready to thank him once they would return to the Blue House but if he was going to continue doing this, she was not even going to look at him.

“Don’t be silly.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at her. “And don’t drink all of it!” he frowned again and tried to move away the bottle, away from since she had almost drank the entire bottle in one gulp.

“You listen to me!” she turned around all of a sudden and took hold of the collar of his jacket, pulling him closer to her.

He gulped in surprise, feeling slightly intimidated to see her face only a few inches away from his own face, with her eyes narrowed and glaring. She seemed angry and this was her first time doing something this obviously aggressive towards him.

“Your current job is to look after my safety not check how much alcohol I drink. And if I drink too much and get drunk, it would be your job to take me home. So let me have my fun and you quietly do your job.” She muttered and then shook him a bit to make her point come across.

He could just stand next to them and watch over them without actually getting involved in what they were doing. It wasn’t like she was a kid that had never drank alcohol and was going to drop dead in an alcoholic coma because of a few drinks. This was also her first time she had the chance to actually flirt with some guys to so she wasn’t really appreciating him coming between her and fun.

“If you get drunk, I’m not cleaning your puke.” He warned and then removed his hold on the bottle of beer, letting her raise it again to drink from it.

“Whatever.” She mumbled and then went to finish her beer, enjoying the taste of it.

He remained at their table and kept his distance from the three of them. Using the small opening he had with the girls talking between themselves, he went towards the bar and talked to the bartender. He gave the guy clear instructions to replace any bottles on the table with newly uncapped ones if the girls went to dance.

If Mirae would go on the dance floor, he’d have to follow and couldn’t watch over her bottle or those of her friends. In that situation, they remained unattended and someone could slip something inside of it. The only thing to be done was to have them replaced with new bottles that were not yet opened. Of course, he almost made sure to flash his badge and give the guy some money as well, scaring him and motivating him all at the same time.

He returned back to the table in time to see them moving away from it and heading towards the crowd of people that were dancing together while bumping into each other. He rolled his eyes again and then followed them, keeping a safe distance from her. He wasn’t going to step between her and any guy that was trying to flirt with her but he was going to keep an eye on any suspicious activity.

He hated this part of the job because he wasn’t a good dancer. He could move a bit here and there and all that but not enough to have him appreciated. She was a natural though. She moved her hips and exposed more of her waistline as she moved.  Her blouse didn’t have any sleeves and it kept on falling down her shoulder, almost revealing her chest.

His vision got blocked by two new guys that approached her and her friends, dancing together so he moved himself to the side to get a better look. He felt like she was messing with him because the moment he moved to get a better look, the entire crowd now of five people moved towards the bar. He decided to stay close to the wall that separated the tables from the dance floor, watching what she was doing.

He locked eyes with the bartender that held a few glasses of what could have been soju, tequila or vodka. It looked like the guy was asking approval from the NIS agent that warned him to only give the girls unopened bottles. Though he wasn’t comfortable with it, Kyuhyun nodded his head and allowed the bartender to give them the glasses of alcohol.

They repeated the same action several times, getting tipsy under his eyes but he had promised not to mess with what she was doing. It was when she almost stumbled on her feet that he finally decided to step in and tell her to stop drinking.

“Body body....!” she wrapped his arms around his neck, her body pressing entirely against his as she hugged him. “Lighten up!” she jumped a bit around.

Her face was getting red from all the alcohol, her words came out with a bit more accent towards the end and she was suddenly very friendly. She was even ganging down from his neck while giggling and that was surely something she would not have done without help from alcohol.

“You’re drunk. Don’t bounce like that.” He frowned and then looked towards the other two girls to scold them for not being careful with her.

“Busy body.... let’s go and dance...” Mirae shouted and pulled him towards the dance floor.

Once arriving there, she just abandoned him and started dancing with some other dude. The music changed to something slightly more romantic and Kyuhyun was thankful for that because she would stop bouncing up and down and slow down instead.

The guy placed one hand above her bottom on her back and the other around her nape, moving his hips against her but she didn’t seem to mind. It wasn’t Kyuhyun’s business to tell her how to carry her life and all so if she wanted to grind her body against some other guy, it was entirely her call. After all, a girl like her probably had a pool of guys to choose from and thought this guy was okay.

His eye twitched a bit when the guy attempted to kiss her and she moved away. The guy was pushing it and he was ready to step between them if he dared pulled on her hand once again. He mentally noted to give the guy another chance and if he tried one more time to pull on her hand to force her into his arms, he was going to step in.

He separated himself from the wall he chose as a place of surveillance and moved closer to her.  The guy trying taking hold of her wrists and forcing her closer to him and that was when Kyuhyun had enough. He snapped the guy’s hands away from

Please log in to read the full chapter