Chapter XII. Argument

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter XII. Argument

Maybe the God of Luck was on his side because he did not expect to find a cottage or anything with a roof in the middle of a forest. He had managed to perform CPR on her and get her back, but she was still unconscious and that meant they needed to get somewhere warm as soon as possible. As much as he disliked the idea of entering a place that he knew nothing about or if it belonged to someone, they needed to be somewhere warm and that meant he had to enter it.  Carrying her inside of his arms, he kicked the door with his leg and then entered. He quickly tried to cover her face and his, so that the dust wouldn’t enter their nose. The place looked abandoned. There seemed to be a few couches or armchairs covered in a white sheet that they could use and a fire chimney but they had just gotten out of the water and that meant he had to make sure she doesn’t get hypothermic shock from the time spent there.

Removing one of the sheets, with his leg, he checked to see if the couch looked okay enough to put her there and once he made the call, he placed her on the surface of it. He was cold, even colder than before and he was going to get into a hypothermic shock if he didn’t remove his clothes and found some wood he could use to start a fire. Removing the sheets from the rest of the furniture, he decided to first try and see if he can remove the dust and then use them to cover up and keep warm.

He had removed his shirt and then moved to take down his pants as well, leaving himself only in his briefs. The sheets weren’t all that clean, but it was the only thing he could use and he had to make do with it.  It was pretty weird to move around in a white sheet but he needed to find wood fast and see if the chimney does work. If it didn’t work, then he would have to either wake her up and find her a heat source or take her clothes off and all without her being aware of that which was going to make him sound extremely weird.  And he was continuously lucky because he had found some really big branches and even smaller twigs that he could burn. If someone would have been around to see what was happening, to see a guy in a white sheet running around the threes and cabin, they would have surely called him crazy but that was the least of his worries. He had promise to keep Mirae alive and while their trap was supposed to catch the bad guys, he was now alone with her in the middle of nowhere.

And she was injured. Cuts here and there because of the glass that shred inside the car, a bump to the head and a few cuts on the forehead, several other signs of cuts here and there, it was serious enough to have him worried. He was so worried because of her that he didn’t even pay much attention to the wound on his wrist that was still bleeding. Managing to set the fire on and get some heat inside, he didn’t think twice before starting to push the couch she was on closer to the fire chimney.

Without her waking up, he didn’t want to be the one to undress her. He was pretty sure he was going to get in enough troubles for landing the car into the water without warning her first. It was only once he managed to move the couch closer to the fire that he took the time to check on his own injury. Thankfully the bullet only scratched him and the water had been of a lot of help to stop much of the bleeding. Ripping a bit of the sheet apart, he looked around for something, anything metal that he could find around to stop the bleeding once and for all. He spotted a nail bulging out of one door frame and moved to pull it out. He needed to heat it first so he tried his best to keep it above the fire without burning himself and then, once he was convinced it was heated enough, he started using it.

It hurt like mad to have the nail, the burning metal , against his wrist, but it was going to stop the bleeding permanently and that was what he needed. He already had enough scars and one more wasn’t going to change anything.  His whimpers though did change something. He should have bitten into something and he didn’t and that noise apparently was loud enough to have her whimpering, waking up.The moment her eyes opened and she regain consciousness; she snapped on her bottom and looked around. Her breathe was irregular and she was sweating a bit. She felt cold and yet she felt warm and she wasn’t sure where she was and the place around her looked like a wreck and the accident. Remembering the accident brought back memories of shots being fired, of glass breaking and the car jumping off cliff.

“Oh my god...” she spoke as she took in a deep breathe, looking around herself to cheek where she was.

“Hey, hey hey....” Kyuhyun quickly moved towards her, trying to calm her down.

Despite his attempts to keep her down and relaxed on the couch, she was so furious and confused and worried that she couldn’t help but get up from the bed and try to move. She stumbled first, the cut on the palm of her leg making her suffer and whimper in pain.

“Relax...” Kyuhyun tried again, helping her stay steady while making sure he’s all wrapped up in his sheet.

“I can’t... I...” she tried to push him away. “You threw us over the cliff!” she remembered, a frown appearing on her face.

“I tried to save us and we are alive...” he gently spoke, trying to calm her down a little.

“You landed us in the water!!” she shouted at him, pushing him away and moving to support herself to the edge of the couch while keeping the weight off her leg on the tip of her fingers.

“Mirae...” Kyuhyun tried to get close to her again.

She was nervous, angry and confused and all of that was showing in her actions. Despite his attempts to get closer to her, she was pushing him away and she didn’t even have to actually use her body to do that. She was a wreck of emotions and that made her move her hands nervously in front of her body, her eyes moving to the right and left without focus. She was about to lose it and he knew it was his fault so he felt bad. Really bad.

“We were supposed to go see my dad...not end up taking a swim...” she spoke as she looked around herself again, trying to figure out where she was.

“If I didn’t do that, we’d end up burning.” He tried explaining.

“Exploding, drowning, getting killed while shot... what’s the difference?!” she raised her voice while looking at him.

“We had everything under control, Mirae. Even with the change of plans....” he tried to gently speak to her, one step at a time so she wouldn’t get even more scared.

“What?” she looked at him, his eyes finally finding his and being focus. “You knew this would happen?” she asked in a much softer voice.

“Because they didn’t try to do something at the playground, we thought they just try to stop the car.” He moved his eyes to the side, feeling bad about telling her this.

Though her body hurt, she took a seat on the couch, shivering a bit because of her wet clothes, casting her eyes over the cuts here and there on her arms and legs. Looking at her body, she could find injuries and cuts everywhere. Even her head hurt like mad and with just one small press on her forehead, she hissed in pain.

“Let me see if I understand things right...” she started talking again after a few moments of silence. “You planned this?” she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breathe so that she could relax.

“We were trying to find out who is the leech and....” he started talking.

“So” she her lips, a frown on her face. “The surprise wasn’t that much of a surprise?” she let out a sigh.

“We were trying to find out if the breach was with your friends. Someone was leaking things and our guess was the daughter of the Prime Minister. We thought they would just try to kidnap you not that they would pull out those type of guns on us.” he spoke as he lowered himself on his knees, in front of her, wanting to hold her hands and calm her down.

“So you knew?” she asked again, whispering.

“I promised to keep you safe....”he continued.

“So you’re saying you....” she took another deep breathe. “That you planned this.”

“It was a calculated risk.” He spoke.

The next thing he knew, she only moved her arm and he closed his eyes, the slap hitting him so hard it actually moved his head to the side. He deserved that and he knew it.  They had planned this movement without her knowing and it did put her in danger.

“You son of a ...” she shook her head while talking, starting to get angry yet again.

‘Mirae...” he tried agai

Please log in to read the full chapter