A Cold Christmas

Your Future Boyfriend Started Following You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When his deep brown eyes—groggy and still bleary from sleep—landed at the colorful calendar on his bedside table, he immediately knew that today would be a wonderful and a special day.

Ryeowook grinned as he deeply inhaled the chilly air around him; a sweet laugh bubbling out from his parted lips while he sat up from his cozy bed. Even the atmosphere seemed a good determinant enough that today indeed would be a magical one. His windows were fogged signifying the cold weather outside, his blankets provided companionable warmth, and his gifts for everyone were already neatly bundled up underneath his bed. Everything that his line of vision stopped on to seemed perfect enough to at least make him believe that nothing would go wrong today.

After all, who wouldn't want a perfect Christmas? Ryeowook sure did want one—a merry and happy day he could spend with his brothers (assuming that they give a gift to him later at night).

"Ah, I am so excited!" Ryeowook giddily cheered to himself as he stood up from the bed and towards his wardrobe; an excited gait showing on his steps. &What should I do first? Should I cook breakfast first or wake their lazy asses to help me cook the feast for dinne—"

And Ryeowook didn't get to finish his sentence as a loud sneeze promptly escaped from his mouth; his body shuddering due to the now too low temperature his room provided. As an aftermath, his head suddenly turned hazy and the world around him spun before he unwillingly dropped to the floor below.

"."

--

Ryeowook childishly sent a pout to the man currently fussing over him; his puppy dog eyes being ignored by Sungmin as the man continued to check his worsening fever. Fortunately, Sungmin had come to check on him before he had completely become unconscious on the floor and had promptly alarmed the others that Ryeowook was sick. His hyung was seriously careful in tending to him, but Ryeowook found it unfair that Sungmin grounded him just to his room on this wonderful day—a time that should be spent outside his room to bother all the hyungs.

"Oh, stop whining and pouting like a child, Wook." Sungmin chided tenderly as he forced a spoonful of medicine to Ryeowook's mouth; his pout turning into a glare directed to the laughing Kyuhyun behind Sungmin. Honestly, Ryeowook didn't know why the younger was here—perhaps the maknae decided to stop by just to annoy him now that Ryeowook was bedridden and couldn't extract revenge. Either way, it wasn't like Ryeowook would complain, given that he was really just secretly grateful that his crush was here with him.

After some minutes of Sungmin making sure that Ryeowook's fever would go down soon and Kyuhyun laughing at the eternal maknae's misfortune, the eldest decided that the medicines were enough for now and that Ryeowook should rest already. With a strict reminder to Kyuhyun not to stress out and bug Ryeowook too much, Sungmin then exited the room all the while mumbling about tumblr fliritng that caused this damned fever. Ryeowook pretended he didn't hear those words (because they weren't true. Seriously not true).

&Why are you still here?& Ryeowook croaked out at Kyuhyun who was idly standing in front of the bed; the younger blinking stupidly at the question before a soft smile played on his lips. The smaller man found himself blushing at how gentle Kyuhyun looked at him, although he played it off saying that he was blushing because of the fever.

"Because I'm being a good dongsaeng and decided to stay by my lonely hyung who's under bed arrest." The maknae explained with a wink before he sat on a swivel chair. "Besides, wouldn't you be bored just sleeping all day this Christmas? I know you, you would rather fuss on the kitchen right now instead of being confined to your bed."

Ryeowook harrumphed childishly before he kicked the chair hard; making it spin endlessly and Kyuhyun to clutch his head due to the sudden dizziness. A weak laugh bubbled out from the elder's lips at the funny sight before he offered his hand for Kyuhyun to take to stop the spinning chair. "It's not like I actually wanted to get sick today. You of all people should know that I hate getting sick, especially when I should be cooking a lot of dishes!"

Kyuhyun nodded pityingly at the statement. "True, you cook better than Sungmin after all. I'm sure the hyungs are secretly crying, deep down, when they learned that you're sick. No Ryeowook means no ultra delicious food." And the smaller man giggled at the words before Kyuhyun stood up and patted him on the head.

"Sleep, okay? I'll just help Sungmin out because it seems like the hyungs would rather at him about not taking care of you enough than helping him with the food preparation."

"Okay, but... You'll come back, right?"

Kyuhyun then just smiled before softly patting his hair once more.

--

Ryeowook knew he was being clingy today. It was not like he could help it—he was sick, he was needy of warmth, and he needed others to cuddle up with.

When he was sick, Ryeowook would always first go to Donghae because his hyung was an amazing provider of warm cuddles. As such, a while ago, he managed to get Donghae to stay with him on the bed before Leeteuk discovered them giggling and tickling each other under the blankets and promptly scolded them saying that Ryeowook's fever was infectious. His next victim was Eunhyuk, and even if his hyung was skinny and wasn't ideal for cuddles, Ryeowook still loved hearing his hyung's jokes and funny poor attempts at making him feel better—even if it included a banter about who was uglier between them.

Kangin just wrestled with him—which probably made his fever even worse—but Ryeowook thought it was so sweet of his hyung to do it even with him being weak as of the moment. He knew Kangin liked wrestling with opponents that could match his vigor and energy; that was why Ryeowook was touched that his self-proclaimed 'appa' was being much considerate. Unfortunately, Yesung came by and shooed Kangin away before he delivered his beloved turtle to the sick man; claiming that a Ddangkomma a day would keep the doctor away. Yesung was being his usual self, but Ryeowook found him sweeter than he was weird.

Surprisingly, the diva of the group came inside Ryeowook's room to play too, despite Heechul's heavy protest about 'germs' floating inside the room and how he didn't want any contact with his sick dongsaeng. The funny thing was, Heechul kept on complaining as he peppered kisses on the giggling Ryeowook's cheeks.

Ryeowook found all of his hyungs' actions sweet and caring, and he was so thankful that they made his Christmas a little better despite his sickness. And although they claimed that were just doing it for food, Ryeowook knew it was because they just had the biggest and the kindest hearts.

--

Kyuhyun didn't come back and Ryeowook's fever was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter