My Roommate!

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER THREE:

I woke up early the next day.

Today, I'm going to the rehearsal along with the other members. After getting myself ready, I stared blankly at the wall for a minute while I was waiting for Manager Hyung to arrive. He's going to pick me up.

I really can't believe I'm going to leave this house. Geez.

After a few more minutes, Manager Hyung arrived. He helped me place my luggage in the back of his car.

"Get inside the car. We should be there by 8am. Anyway, I already filed your resignation to the store where you work. Don't worry, I'm going to look for another job you can work on after we find the true Shin." he said.

"Alright."

After that, we drove off to SMent for the rehearsal.

"Look guys! Here's our newest maknae!" I heard Suho hyung announced just the moment I enter the dance room.

"Newest maknae?" I asked, more to myself.

The other members approached me immediately. They were all very welcoming. Except for Kris and Sehun. The expression of their faces kind of scared me.

"Go on, just get along with them. I'm going to send your luggage into your dorm." Manager Hyung told me.

So that's what I did. I participated to our practice and did a lot of stuff.

Basically, EXO is a Chinese-Korean boy group who's already dominating the whole world with their music and moves. EXO has originally has 12 members and now, it has 13. I'm the 13th one. EXO is divided into two subgroups; EXO-M and EXO-K.

Gahd, I really don't know if I can do this dang thing right. I hope I'm doing well.

We had a 15 minutes break. So I just grabbed my phone and earphones. I sat in a corner and put on my earphones. Listening to music is my only way to relax.

Suddenly, a bronze skinned guy sat beside me. This must be Kai, I assumed.

"How are you? Welcome to the group, anyway." he asked, smiling.

He's cute. I thought to myself.

Keep it together, Shin Mei! You don't want them to think you're gay, do you?

"I'm good. Thanks." I sheepishly said.

I really don't like talking to people I don't really know. I feel so awkward.

"Hey Kai and new maknae! Come on, the break is over. We have to work hard for our comeback!" Suho hyung called over.

We spent a few more hours of rehearsing. It was fun though. It feels like we're just playing but still, we're still practicing. But I'm still getting a bit shy and awkward when talking to other members.

Especially to Kris, he really scares me. He look so serious and snobbish. He's so cool and that made me afraid to approach him. I don't know why though.

And then there's Chanyeol and Baekhyun who seemed so close to each other. They're the loudest in the room, according to my observation. I want to be friends with them too. I feel like I'm going to enjoy their company.

Chen is such a good oppa, I mean hyung. I found it so cute especially when he trolls everyone. He also has an amazing voice!

Xiumin is the one who loves food, I guess. Whenever I see him, he's always eating baozi. He even asked me if I wanted some. He's the oldest of all the members, as far as I know, but he doesn't look like one. He's too cute to be the oldest. Kris looks a lot older than him, if I'm gonna be very honest.

Lay is a good person. He's funny and kind. For me, Lay is my ideal type for a brother.

I admire Tao because of his martial arts skills. He looks like a panda -wait, a Kung Fu panda! His dark circles are so cute! Another thing that I like about Tao is that he looks tough outside but he's actually childish and soft inside.

Kai is a good dancer. No, not good. Good is an understatement. He's an amazing dancer. He's also the first one who approached me and actually talked to me when I first came here.

D.O is a good cook. I enjoy being with him. He's fun to be with. I found his big eyes cute especially when he laughs. It's really cute.

Then there's Luhan who really seemed like a girl. When I first saw him, I really thought he was girl. I almost thought he's also a girl pretending to be a guy but that would be absurd. He's kinda cute, too, especially when he insists that he's manly.

And then there's Sehun, the one they treat as their precious maknae. But I'm their precious maknae now, so GOODBYE SEHUN!—Just kidding though. Anyway, I feel awkward with him, too. I don't know. It's just that he's so quiet that you won't even dare to talk to him. But I noticed that when he's with Luhan hyung or even with the other hyung, he gets to childish. Maybe he's just like that. He's shy and snobbish at first, but when you become closer, he'll be more comfortable with you. But I found him cute and attractive —Augh, Shin! You're not his fan girl, okay? Don't you ever dare to be.

Suho hyung is the leader. He's mature and responsible. He's a bit short though, maybe that's why the other members sometimes don't take him seriously. But to be honest, I respect him the most because it's no joke to take care of 11 individuals with beagle charms. I almost forgot, it'll be 12 now.

Well, I think it won't be THAT difficult for me to get along with them. They're weird but they're fun to be with.

After our rehearsal, we all crowded to a very big van. Big enough for us to fit in. The other members are busy chattering with each other. As usual, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the noisiest. Lay and Tao are at the last row of the van, already asleep. Xiumin hyung is eating. Sehun is sitting beside Luhan. They look so cute together. The other members are busy with their own stuffs. Suho hyung is in the passenger seat with Manager Hyung. While me, myself and I, ended up sitting beside Kris at the last two rows of the van.

This is awkward.

"Hey look, our maknae is here. Let's all welcome him!" Suho hyung announced.

I looked at Sehun who I caught looking at me, too. He looked like he's mad or jealous. That's when I realized that the other members are already talking about us.

"Oops, I smell a jealous little Sehunnie here!" Chanyeol teased.

"Nanana, jealous my @ss." -Sehun.

"Don't worry, Hunnie! You're still my precious maknae." -Luhan.

"You two are so cute together!" I said.

"Yeah! I know right. HunHan is so cute!" -Luhan.

"No, BaekYeol is cuter!" -Baekhyun.

They all laughed at Baekhyun's sudden reaction.

"Kids please, you're talking about your OTPs again." Suho hyung said, laughing.

So they're also aware of the so-called OTPs fans made for them, huh?

"Hush guys, Lay and Tao are sleeping! We don't want to wake them up, right?" -Chen.

"Yeah. Let's wake them up!" -Chanyeol

We all just talked and laughed until we reach the dorm. Just the moment we enter our dorm, I noticed my luggage beside the couch.

"I think we have something to talk about guys." Suho announced.

"We need to decided who should Shin share rooms with." he added.

"How?" -Chen

"I know how!" -Chanyeol

"Yeah, we know how!" -Baekhyun

"Oh yeah? Tell us!" -Suho hyung

"ROCK. PAPER. SCISSORS!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol said at the same time. And by the time they realize that the both said it at the same time, they clapped, laughed and jumped while holding each other's hands.

They look so cute together! I swear!

So that's what they did. I watched them as they play the game.

From 12, it became 7, then 4, until two we're left. Kris and Sehun.

Gahd, of all people?

"ROCK, PAPER, and SCISSORS!" they both said in unison.

"Owww!" the other members reacted.

That's when we already know who won.

Gahd, why does it have to be him? Augh, I hate it.

 

-------

Translations:

maknae - term used for the youngest one among a group

/* HELLO WORLD~!
Thank you, salamat, gracias, merci, arigatou, xie xie, shukriya, kamsahamnida (and thank you in other languages) for reading my story! Feel free to vote, comment and be a fan! Tell me your thoughts about it!
With love, Melli Byun | ByunTwin*/