Taehyung

Dinner and OverProtective Brothers

I’m his brother, the closest to him in fact; hell, I’m his BFFEAJJM! He said so himself 12 years ago. I could never forget that day.

 

I just turned five that time; living in the orphanage just like my friend and currently brother Jungkook and Jin hyung. I wasn’t expecting anything when the noonas said a family will be visiting the place; I know I won’t get picked.

I never do.

Just then...

“What are you doing?” an unfamiliar voice asked. I spun my head to the side only to be met by a beautiful face dangerously leaning so close to me. I fell my back on the hard ground, cheeks completely flushed.

The other smiled and offered his hand. “Jimin! And you are?”

“T-taehyung.” I stuttered. Who wouldn’t when they just saw an angel up-close and personal? I reluctantly accept his hand and wiped the dusts off my pants.

“I like you.” He blurted out of nowhere, cheeks tinted rosy pink looking at the fingers that was playing on the hem of his shirt like it was the most entertaining thing in the world. “I really, really like you Taetae!”

“What the name of the holy chocolate fudge cake are you talking about?!” I managed to voice out. We stood there in all awkwardness; my eyeballs looking like it’ll fall out, my jaw already feeling the pain of it hanging loosely for about 20 minutes before he decided to look up with cheeks still flustered.

He was looking so cute like that and I just stared; my guard completely down for what was about to happen next.

He slapped me.

Really, really, REALLY hard.

I held my burning cheek, ready to punch the kid who looked younger than me before I saw his smiling face. He waved his hand in front of my face before saying,

“Double Kill!” he yelled. “I got the mosquitos. Aren’t you proud of me?”

That was it.

That popped bottled emotions inside me.

“A-amazing! How did you do that?” I stated in wonder as I examined the dead bloodsucker on his palm. “I couldn’t kill one!”

We talked about the lifeless insect for who knows how long, enjoying each other’s’ company. I never thought we’d have so much in common making me feels so closer to the boy already.

“I really, REALLY like you Taetae!” he exclaimed.

My heart fluttered as I reply an ‘I like you too’ to the older.

“Best Friends ForEver!” Jimin shrieked, engulfing me into a hug. I didn’t why back then but mixed emotions of sadness and happiness was what I felt at that moment.

Exactly at the moment my stomach decided to grumble.

“And JaJangMyeon?” I smile sheepishly.

“And JaJangMyeon.” He chuckled.

What occurred next was a blur as I was dragged by a very happy Jimin saying how happy he is to finally have a dongsaeng. Then after that, I was led inside a very fancy finding myself waiting for the certain chubby cheeks that came out of the building with a very grumpy looking Jungkook in tow.

“J-Jungkook?!”

“Taehyung hyung?!”

“You both know each other? That’s great!”

They entered the car, Jungkook with me in the back while Jimin next to the driver.

“What happened hyung?”

I found myself speechless for a moment before saying, “I don’t even know myself. I think we’ve just been adopted.”

“Of course you are, silly.” Jimin chuckled.

“...” Me and Jungkook sat in silence before realizing something I should have right from the start. I stared through the front view mirror and finally decided to ask.

“H-how did you know Jungkook?” I couldn’t help but think about it. I was a 100% sure Jimin was with me the whole time at the orphanage; except for the 5 minutes he was out to wash his hands. He couldn’t have met Jungkook and decide to adopt him that quick, could he?

Jungkook turned from embarrassment, making crave more for the information.

“When I was at the bathroom, I saw him got out of the stall suddenly smiling at me, showing his bunny teeth.”

“....”

“I couldn’t help it. I dragged him out, of course after he washed his hands, and there he is!”

 

Okay, now I think I’m prolonging the story of us too much. -_-

It’s just, we’ve known each other for so long and have been with each other’s shoulders. That’s why I couldn’t get over the fact that he, Jimin, my BFFAJJM, has been hiding IT from me. Sure, I couldn’t be trusted at times but come on!

“Taetae?” a worried voice dropped be back down to earth as I glanced at a concerned looking Jimin. “The class just ended. Are you alright? You’ve been spacing out.”

I only nodded and gave him my boxy smile before letting my head fall on my desk. “Being the Class Rep.’s just had its toll on me. I had to wake up early in the morning for some ‘important’ meeting you know. Thankfully Jin hyung was there to cook for me.”

“If you knew you’d be having a meeting, you shouldn’t have gone with me to look for red colored neon frogs last night.” Jimin sighed.

“And let you all the fun? Psh!” I waved off. “Don’t you know boy? I can dance the same level as lady Gaga and still have enough energy to attend those boring meetings. Now let’s go get lunch!”

“Actually Tae, I-”

Oh my god, here he goes again; eating lunch with that pink haired shorty with the cat eyes! I guess this is why my hyungs never wanted Jimin to have the ‘B’ word. The guy’s continuously robbing me off my alone-time with Jimin!

“I swear to god Park Jimin, if you’re going with that fetus looking kitten you secretly call as ‘boyfrien-”

“Oh my god Tae, STOP! How many times do I have to tell you that he’s not my boyfriend!” he said after smacking me in the face with his book.

“Yet! Not your boyfriend YET! Stop denying it! It shows in your chubby cheeks!” I couldn’t deny the hurt feeling I have; whether from the lack of trust I feel or something else, I don’t know.

It felt constricting.

The need to go to the bathroom immediately.

He sighed in defeat. “I’m not gonna have this conversation again.  Fine. Come on, let’s go eat lunch.”

I half-smile at him.

Too bad, he will.

“Taehyung-sshi?” I looked up to see an acquainted baby faced senior. “We’re having a meeting.  You need to be there.”

“But Henry hyung-” I whined. Hell no! And just as when I was about to have lunch with Jimin too?! You’ve got to be kidding me!

“No buts! Now move!”

“Make sure he doesn’t drink another cup of sugar hyung. He already had too much for a day.”

I took a glance at Jimin who just looked apologetically. As I was leaving, I saw the figure of Satan, 163 cm in height to be exact. He was talking to Jimin and started walking away, probably to get lunch.

“I hate you so i-”

“Yah!” Henry hyung said, hitting me with his rolled papers in hand. “Are you just about to curse at me?!”

“Nope! I swear hyung!” I shook my head immediately, avoiding the wrath of the senior.