Jin

Dinner and OverProtective Brothers

JIN...

I was wordlessly cooking breakfast just like any other days. It’s not that we couldn’t afford a chef to cook for us siblings (not to brag though but I can afford one and still be able to pay the house bills with just my 3 month salary) but I just find cooking as something to take off stress...

... and maybe because of the fact that I really don’t trust my brothers with the kitchen.

Well, can you blame me? I’ve spent all my 4 years of hard-earned salary refurnishing my baby girl after my brothers accidentally set the whole place up on fire for five times; five if you count the gas leak that resulted to the explosion of our house.

I sighed ruffling my hair in annoyance as I remember the talk with my dongsaengs the other night. They have decided.

No; WE’ve decided. And it’s really happening tonight.

I really didn’t believe them at first; who would, when your younger brothers have a bad habit of concluding without even thinking if it made sense or not. But with all the ‘supposed-to-be’ hard evidence at hand which they failed me to present (it was eaten by a cockroach!), and from what I have seen; I don’t know what to think.

I remember seeing my brother in a cafe that day. He was sitting with a bleached-haired guy taller than him. They were animatedly talking, sometimes even laughing at who knows what. Then I saw it. The guy reached for my brother’s hand on the table and began caressing it with his forefinger. I knew I’d happen eventually but never have I thought it’d be happening this early.

He’s too young...

Jimin’s still too young...

“Ugh! Stress...”

“Don’t be stressed. Just get some good sleep. This is all because of you, you you stress-”

“Upside down, upside down. Turn that frown upside down-” I sang with him.

“No need to get upset about the impossible. What’s the use of getting pissed off?-”

I turned from the stove to see where the singing voice’s owner who is currently leaning his arms on the dining table. As always, he had his signature eye smile along with his SMILE smile that everybody loved.

We laughed at our actions.

“Morning Hyung-” he said cheerfully.

“Morning Jiminie! Here, take your breakfast already. I wouldn’t want you to be late for school.” I said placing the soup and other dishes at the table. He simply nodded and happily begins to munch his food.

“You know hyung, as much as I love your food, I think we should think about hiring someone else for the job...”

I raised a brow as he continued to eat, chew and swallow. And after a few more spoonful of his seaweed soup, he continued

“I understand how hard it is for you to cook for us every day, I mean; being a surgeon is hard enough isn’t it. You need to take care of yourself too hyung.”

My heart swelled. As expected of my Jiminie. He’s too innocent and kind. I found myself ruffling the younger’s hair with a smile.

“Aw! Thanks for your concern Jimine!” I cooed. “Don’t worry. As long as it’s for you and the others, it’s fine; especially for you.”

“The sky is so blue. The sun is so bright. The wrinkles are more noticeable-” the younger teased which earned him a flying cabbage leaf straight at his face.

He pouted which made me internally squeal at his cuteness. “But  hyung-. Look at you! You’ve got dark bags under your eyes. You’ve even managed to get a pimple at your mid forehead.”

I stopped at hearing the last part; eyes widen and mouth agape at the statement. I immediately ran to the nearest mirror and began scanning my face for the said zit.

God no. Please no.

I continued to scan my face for the umpteenth time before concluding that there was no sign of any pimple at my face. I breath relieved, and glared at the once was occupied table where the mischievous boy once sat.

“Yah! Park Jimin! Come back here!”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

songs are 'Stress Come on' by Big Byung

and 'I need U' by BTS

watch it's MV (Stress Come On) and Sukira Kiss the Radio of BTS... you'll get it.