End of the Cut

Cutout

“Be careful with the scissors.”

“What?” he looked at his hands, “I’m not holding one.”

“Oh,” she grinned, “But you are.”

“I can’t see it, though.”

“Of course you can’t!” she chuckled silently before pointing at the sky. “Look.”

“What’s the connection?”

“You see… the sky is like the scissors and paper.”

“I’m not sure where are you getting at.”

“When you cut the paper in two, it’s either you’re trying to separate something together or you’re trying to make a connection.”

“Connection?”

“Yes. Connection. Between two different things.”

“Then what about the sky?”

She smiled while her eyes are still glued on the sky. He looked at her… and for someone who’s a logical thinker, he just can’t seem to comprehend her. She’s like a code he can’t decipher.

Minutes have passed before she looked at him. “You tell me about it.”

✂️ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E   N   D 

xxx

Thank you so much for giving this literary piece a shot. Thank you for all the feedbacks. Thank you so much!
You guys have no idea how much all your comments, votes... and even the numbers of reads mean to me.
I don't think there'll be enough thank yous in this ty world to express how REALLY thankful I am!
AND here's another anthology written by, of course, yours truly. Just in case you want to check it out. :)