E p i s o d e F o u r

War of the Sisters [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 004 - Family Business

In the dining room, Gayoung was behind the counter washing and drying trays as her punishment for causing a scene on her first day. Sungkyung who still haven’t left and was more interested in Gayoung’s family affair than she was, was still around. “Now that she’s back, I guess you’re no longer your dad’s favorite daughter,” Sungkyung said to her friend, a tone of annoyance.

Gayoung heaved a sigh, a hint that she didn’t want to hear anymore but was too lazy to stop her friend using words. Sungkyung whose back was to Gayoung was scanning the condition of the full room when she noticed the familiar four bodies moving in a group, “Hey, isn’t that your dad and your stepmom? What are they doing with that guy?”

Gayoung thought she could ignore everything that comes out of Sungkyung’s mouth if she just does her job and focus, but at the mention of her parents, her head did not listen and thus she quickly tracked them down with her gaze. She saw how her father was leading Inyoung, Vino, and Jangmun toward the reserved and secluded rooms. Slowly but surely she started to put the picture together and make out of what was happening. Saeron’s sudden appearance wasn’t a coincidence. Her sister was back in Seoul and for whatever reason, the family was meeting without her. However, Vino too was included in the gathering. As close friends who went to school together, any interactions Vino had with her parents never go unheard of with Gayoung.

Something was up and she didn’t have a good feeling about it.

“Hey Gayoung,” Sungkyung started before the four disappeared into a room near the corner of the larger dining room. “what’s going on? It’s your first day at work but your family came together without inviting you? Your dad didn’t even care to stop by and see how you’re doing on your first day,”

Anger rushed through her and her body shook at the thought of Saeron. The hate she has always harbored for Saeron flooded her mind and remind her of how her sister was always the center of their father’s love. Just by seeing Saeron’s face, Gayoung wouldn’t get only angry but annoyed. But, the thought of Saeron having anything to do with Vino or their father planning anything big with Saeron without Gayoung pissed her off.

The only way she could include herself in the meeting is if she walks in on her own or serves her way into their dining room.

Youngkyu was the first to open the door to the room and make his way in, with his wife only a step behind him. In the room, he made eye contact with his youngest daughter, Saeron who sat with her back straight and appeared classy. “Saeron,” he called out to her first. Meanwhile, Vino stopped at the door with Jangmun stopping just behind him, startled by his immediately halt. Vino couldn’t take his eyes off of the lady from before. Many questions ran through his mind such as Mr. and Mrs. Yoo know her? Could she be their daughter from aboard?

“Hey, why are you stopping?” Jangmun’s question brought Vino back into time and he quickly turned his head around to face him.

“I wanted to say something to you alone, real quick,” Vino said, putting a curious brow on Jangmun’s face. “Whatever Mr. and Mrs. Yoo has to say to you, I hope you won’t cause another scene, or I’ll really have no choice but to send you off,”

At the sound of that a visible smirk crossed Jangmun’s face, “Is that a threat?”

“It’s a warning, but if anything happens it could become a threat,” Vino said only to the lad before fully entering the room. Meanwhile, Jangmun scoffed at what he had just heard.

“I don’t like him,” he whispered to himself with a shook of his head before following the co-CEO inside. Vino was the first to noticed that Youngkyu had taken the seat at the end of the table with Saeron to his left and then his wife beside Saeron. Vino quickly took the seat to Youngkyu’s right and was direct across from Saeron. The moment he sat down, he tried to make eye contact with Saeron but she was looking only at the clean utensils on the table.

In the moment, Jangmun wasn’t sure which seat to take. He couldn’t sit with the woman who he was supposed to be told of existing, or next to the big mouth co-owner. “Jangmun, please take a seat beside Vino. I have some things to tell Vino first but please dine with us and I will talk to you later,” Youngkyu said, with an inviting gesture toward the open seat. Without defiance, he took the seat next to Vino and tried not to look at the guy.

“Shall we dine and discuss the purpose of today’s meeting then?” Youngkyu asked, which was proposed as a rhetorical question.

Inyoung smiled and held gazes with her husband, “I’ll let the workers here know that we’re ready,”

“Alright,” Youngkyu said. As Inyoung left the table, Vino finally broke contact with Saeron and turn to the father at the table.

“Mr. Yoo, from what I know you have a daughter study abroad correct?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter