E p i s o d e T w o

War of the Sisters [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 002 - Happiness Hotel

Vino introduced and showed Jangmun to his family-owned five stars hotel which was essentially the heart of the modern city, Seoul. The characterized high-rise seventeen floors building was decorated with a mix of old and new touch. Certain rooms were carpeted with redwood meanwhile others had white stain-free floors. The backpack around Jangmun’s shoulder felt heavier as they continued to climb each floor by stairs.

“Just how much further are you planning to take me?” Jangmun asked to stop the leading in his tracks. Climbing each step without exhaustion was natural and nothing for Vino, but Jangmun was not used to stairs.

Vino wore a blank face as if the answer to Jangmun’s question was the most obvious thing in the world, “I’m showing you your room, which is located on the seventh floor, we have about two more flights left to go,”

Before the co-owner of the hotel could take another step, he was stopped by the confused guest, “I wasn’t even given a chance to reserve and open a room at the front desk, so what do you mean my room is on the seventh floor?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m the Co-President here remember? One call from me and the room was yours,” Vino said, he didn’t mean to brag but Jangmun took it as he did.

“Then why didn’t we take the elevator if it was on the seventh floor?”

Vino let out a considerate sigh, just enough for him to hear and noticed before turning to face the questioner head on, “As you’ve noticed this place is really big and for someone who’s here for the first time, I thought I’d do you a favor and guide you to your room. It’s a maze in here if you do not know where certain important rooms are, such as kitchens, cafes, offices, rooms used only for certain occasions, open restrooms, and so forth,”

Jangmun balanced all of his weight on his right foot before speaking, “If that was the case then why have you been keeping quiet all of this time?”

Vino blinked, “What do you mean?”

Jangmun uttered a soft snicker, “I mean what kind of tour guide gives a tourist a tour without saying one word? We’re already on the fourth floor yet all I know was that I’ve been climbing in circles.”

At the sudden realization the handsome hotel co-owner let out an embarrassed chuckle, “Ah you’re right, sorry friend, I was troubled with other thoughts,”

“Friend?” Jangmun asked with a calm posture.

Vino nodded with a fresh smile, “You and I look around the same age so we’re friends,”

Jangmun could only his head before following Vino again as the lad continued up the staircase. This time giving Jangmun too much information as they came to a stop at the door to his room. “I’ve chosen the quietest hall for you, these rooms are available to customers who’d like to stay an extra couple of days due to personal reasons. We don’t normally question the customer unless there’s anything suspicious going on,”

“Suspicious?” Jangmun asked with flattened eyes.

Vino hummed and pocketed his hands at the same time, “Injustice acts are not allowed in this hostel for whatever reason. So, if for whatever reason you feel threatened, the security room for this hall is down at the end. There you can also find the elevators and a lounging room, often occupied by students who need a nice place to work in,” the genuine smile did not leave Vino’s face until Jangmun spoke.

“Don’t worry, I hate it the most when another person commits crimes. I’ll take care of everything myself that way I don’t have to owe you anything,”  

A half smirk crawled onto Vino’s face, “You don’t owe me anything?”

“Why would I? If I take care of my own business then there wouldn’t be anyone I’d need to owe anything to, right?” Before Vino could answer, Jangmun cut him off, “Ah, were you planning to charge me for staying here? Since you brought me here yourself, it’s alright if I stay for free right?”

Vino ran a hand through his hair, where he could feel the strap of his watch scratching against his nape, “I never said anything about charging you, but here’s a suggestion,” Vino’s smile faded altogether and wore a serious expression, “even if all you do is taking care of your business, it doesn’t mean that you would be excused from any matter that requires you owing, paying for the problems you may have caused. So stay here for free if you will, but don’t cause any unnecessary problems,”

Jangmun scoffed a cold grin, “You’re implying that I will cause problems? Do all Koreans treat non-full Koreans that way?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter