01. Prologue

Lost memories

"How many "beeps" did you hear?". The doctor asked as he took a paper and a pen. 

The boy wrinkled his nose. "Three." He said without confidence, but his lips lifted out when the doctor smiled in response. 

"It's correct. It actually seems that the surgery was effective, Jeonghan." The old-man adjusted his glasses and handed a paper to Jeonghan's mom. "This is the next control date. Everything is going right, so just keep the recomendations and cares and we should have another positive result next time."  

Jeonghan took his backpack and put his jacket and beanie on, he said goodbye and left the office with his mom. 

This was one of many controls since the accident that Jeonghan had 2 years ago. That cold winter morning Jeonghan was in his bike, making his way to his soccer training, he was running late and he wasn't used to use a helmet. He was already running late and he didn't notice the bus that was turning right in the street. He descended the sidewalk and the bus hit him. His head hit the pavement and as a result he had a small amnesia clinical picture and fell in coma for two hours. Thankful, it wasn't a big accident so apart of the ton of bruises, and a problem on his ear, it wasn't difficult to recover. With time he remembered everything and didn't have much consequences. Or that was what he thought until that week. 

Six months later Jeonghan met Kaeun. They were about to turn a year together and they knew everything about each other. He told her about his accident in some moment but as he thought it wasn't more than a bad moment he didn't go deep on it, he just talked about his ear and why he had to go to the doctor every month. 

When highschool finished, Jeoghan and Jisoo, his bestfriend, applied to a prestigious university in the capital of South Korea, Seoul. They were accepted, Jeonghan entered to be an architect and Jisoo to be a journalist. They left their childhood city and moved to Seoul with two guys more, Seungcheol, Jisoo's cousin who was a third year student in the same university in pedagogy and Junhui, Seungcheol's chinese friend, who was entering the same year as the guys and with Jeonghan to architecture. 

As for Kaeun she remained in her city, taking a sabbatical year before entering to University, and keeping her relationship with Jeonghan, visiting him on weekends, since her dad lived in Seoul. Jeonghan was deeply in love and he trusted that they will remain together even if they weren't going to share much time as before, but his thoughts had a little hole in the plan...