kukunoona

Guardian of A Lantern // A Unique Review Shop

B61Jjm3.jpg

Title : 4/5

Always love a one word title but for me it's an easy route because of its ambiguity even sometimes I used it too. It can give the readers options on how the story goes yet gives them a surprising end at the same time.Anyway,since this is a one-shot,and it's short,it's okay.

Graphics : 4/5

The poster is so-so but it's great in explaining your story with the 'follow me' vibe. The background in your chapter really blows me off and the eye at corner creeps me out, in a good way.

Description : 7/10

Your description are quite empty and doesn't excites reader to read. It's like...too plain and I can understand if you doesn't want to reveal too much but your foreword gives nothing to explain your story until you read the story but it still give the mystery vibe though. I don't know that you're entering a competition until I clicked on the poster, just give it a reason why it should be there.However, I love that you're misleading me in thinking that your story is a fantasy spin-off.

Plot : 22/25

There's too much to explain about the plot but for a one shot,you're being accurate in the theme and I doesn't expect the ending even though I knew at first that Hayoung was dreaming. I think your story is super simple and at the end I was thinking like that's it?I want more,lol. Nevertheless, you got a simple but definite plot written. I just wish you write about the scene of Hayoung's bestfriend as a murderer more descriptively because I think that it'll fit the trigger warning more. It's like you end the story too soon after the and it makes me feel that the story was rushed. I initially thought that Hayoung's imagination is just an imagination instead of her replaying the scene back and it got me into Holmes mood,lol(?).

Characters : 23/25

Your characters are well described but they just need a little more explanation. I think you're trying to let the readers to guess who's who with Hayoung's hallucination but I think that's more confusing. Maybe you can state the motif...cause I'm guessing that it's jealousy. Honestly, I don't know all about this clever idea you had until some time later. You're such a genius with the guessing game but it's not good in my opinion, because it'll make the readers wonder rather than being satisfied.

Grammar : 18/20

Not too much to say because your grammar is good to me as mine are not that great as well but you need to be careful while constructing a sentence. Some people doesn't read the same sentence twice because they only want to grasp the situation but nuh-uh, it's not me.

Enjoyment : 7/10

I love that you achieved many things with a oneshot but it just doesn't give me the feel because the wasn't that intense and long enough. You started your story well but I guess you're having rough patches towards the ending because it just don't give enough kick. I get that Hayoung drank acid to overcome her grief but maybe,just maybe,that's not enough. Easy said, you doesn't have a great twist in your story and your characters just doesn't have time to shine.

Total : 85/100

Others : You have quite a unique and solid plot but there's just too many holes that you need to cover. I truthfully love that you chose to put the readers in the blurry situation but I felt like you could have done better. I know that it's a oneshot but you can make the story a lil bit longer by being descriptive to portray the characters and the scenes better. Hope this helps and sorry if I'm being too harsh. Good luck with your entry~! p/s: I think KaiYoung is a better crackship.^^.