Sejin's Background

To: My Ice Princess, I am Your Bubbly Prince

After school, unlike a normal teen who goes chill with their homies, Sejin has a part-time job after school until 11 pm everyday.

Sejin works at a cafe owned by an elderly grandmother who goes by Grandma Kim.

"Good afternoon Grandma Kim." Sejin bowed.

"Oh, it's you. Don't need to be so formal. I treat you like family already." Grandma Kim smiled.

"Neh. I'll get right to work then."

Sejin started to sweep the floors as she thought about two years ago when her life made a major change.

Two years ago........

Sejin was only fifteen years old and it was the summer before her first year in high school. But that was also the year Sejin's father died from a car accident.

Because of her father's death, Sejin's mother had to work double shifts to support her and her two siblings. Because of the stress and depression, Sejin's mother turned towards alcohol and smoking as a reliever.

Occaisionally, she would beat Sejin for being a bad daughter with her older sister and older brother doing nothing to stop it. In fact, they would order her around and make her do chores just like Cinderella, but worse.

Even though her life was at its lowest point, she still remained a happy and bubbly person her father loved. Why? Because her first boyfriend whom she thought was her truse love was always there for her. His name was Jung Hoik. (A/N: Yes, the guy from Double A)




He would alway comfort Sejin and tell her everything will be okay. Unfortunately, one day, Sejin went to look for Hoik to surprise him, but instead he sent her a surprise. She caught him cheating and kissing a girl from her class who always saw Sejin as an eyesore.

Of all people, Hoik had to chose the girl that hated Sejin. Heartbroken and devastated, she ran home, but to be greeted by her drunk mother who beated her into a pulp again.

Not only that, her older siblings bullied and pushed her around to finish the chores quickly. Sejin finally could not take it anymore, packed her belongings and left her house for good that night wiithout a trace or any second thoughts.

While roaming around the dark streets of Seoul, she had many thoughts of suicide. She did not think her life could fall apart even more.

Voices in her head told her how useless she was and how her life was worthless. With tears at the brink of her eyes, she turned into an alley way when seven boys running away from bad men crashed into her, giving her a concussion.

-----------

When Sejin woke up, she saw seven boys looking at her with worried faces. She knew they were not bad people, but was confused.

"Are you okay?" A boy with chubby cheeks asked.

Sejin remained silent.

"She's probably shocked or is having a headache from Hoya hyung's big giant muscles." a skinny boy pouted.

Sejin studied the seven boys and noticed they were all in uniforms. *High school boys?*

Thus began a beautiful friendship between Sejin and the seven boys called Infinite who were Seniors in high school.

-------------------

School finally started and it was Sejin's first day of high school. She transferred to the same high school as Infinite so they can watch over her.

Even on her first day, she refuse to socialize with new freshmen which made other think she was a strange person who never smiles. Hence the nickname 'Ice Princess' was born and stuck to her for good.

Sejin was sitting alone thinking about how her classmates and made fun of her. On the outside it seemed as if it did not bother her, but inside, it was killing her. They at how she was friendless and without a family.

Thoughts of suicide roamed through her head once more. It took Infinite weeks to get her to open up and talk about her problems.

*Maybe I'm just a burden to Infinite Oppas. Maybe my classmates are right. I am just someone who takes life for granted. Maybe I'm that useless daughter umma talks about. What use is my life here on earth?* A tear attempted to escape from her eyes, but she held it in.

Sejin's thoughts were interrupted when a freshmen with red hair tapped her shoulder and asked for directions.

She was going to ignore the fellow, but his scared expression and fear of being late to class made her respond to his question.

After showing the red-haired boy his class, he thanked her a million times with his happy hyper voice. *Reminded me of my old self.*

---------------
Sejin was walking along the Han River still thinking about suicidal thoughts.

*It's just one jump into the river and the icy water would do its wonders and make my life slip away.*

She held onto the metal railing, prepared to jump into the waters when her cellphone rang.

Sejin picked it up and saw a message from an unknown number. 

Without knowing it, Sejin began talking to this stranger named, 'Chicyong'. After a strange conversation, Sejin gradually forgot about her suicial thoughts.

Her life even began to fall back into place. She found a nice part-time job at Grandma Kim's place to support herself and made friends with her seven neighbors who treat her like family.


It was that one text message that saved Sejin's life.

Back to present.......

Sejin smiled one of her rare smiles as she thought about 'Chicyong'. 

*If it wasn't for you, I would not be alive today. Thank you, Chicyong. I really want to know who you are so I can thank you a million times.

Sejin's cellphone rang, making her snap out of her thoughts.

To: Ice Princess
From: Chicyong
Heyyy! Whatchadoin'??? :)


Sejin smiled at the text and began replying.

 






MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! <333 Did anyone notice my pun yet??? :D