sitter

What Kind Of Bubblegum Have You Been Blowing Lately?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their bed was soft, their bed was warm, their bed was good. Their bed was the only place that Jiyong wanted to be these days. He was constantly tired, it was a wonder that he could stand and not fall asleep on his feet. It had only been twenty minutes ago that he crawled back into bed and snuggled into Seungri’s sleeping form. Twenty minutes of bliss before the familiar sound of Nari screaming brought him back to life.

 

“Ri,” he groaned.

 

Beside him, the blond sighed, “I went last time.”

 

Jiyong mustered enough energy to shake his head, “No, I went last time.”

“Okay, okay, I’ll go,” Seungri said, pushing off the bed and starting towards her nursery.

 

Their entire state of being these days revolved around taking care of their four month year old daughter. About five months ago they got the call and about three months ago they were given a daughter they named Kwon Nari. As much as they loved caring for their ball of joy, the energy and perseverance that she required was taking a toll on them.

 

Jiyong glanced at the clock on their bedside table and saw that it was 6:09am. He sighed. In about two hours a car would come to take them to the YG building. It was their end of the year meeting where everyone would discuss where the company was headed, who would have comebacks, what promotions were being done and what the family concert would look like. Their CEO had taken pity on the couple and decided to add the annual Big Bang meeting to the schedule as well. Since these types of meetings never finish in a timely manner, Seungri had hired a girl to take care of Nari while they were gone.

 

It was going to be the first time since they got her that they were both going to be away from her. Jiyong was nervous. He didn’t want to leave her in the hands of a stranger but Seungri had assured him time and time again that this girl was one of the best babysitters in Seoul. Still, Jiyong was unsure. The most time he had spent from Nari was running errands and that was a couple hours at most. This was probably going to be for most of the day.

 

When Seungri came back, they both caught about an hour’s sleep before waking up again. They used to take forever to get ready, Jiyong especially, but these days they didn’t care what they looked like. They didn’t have the energy to. They were lucky if they had enough time to shower. Nowadays, whatever clothes were at the top of their drawers became their outfits and sometimes they swiped a comb through their bed head, but that was about it.

 

Around 7:15am, they got Nari up to feed and clothe her. After reading a dozen books on bottle making, Seungri had become a master of it. Jiyong was thankful because while he wasn’t terrible at making bottles, his bad cooking skills didn’t exactly help him. By the time that Jiyong had gotten Nari out of her crib and dressed, Seungri was already in the kitchen with a bottle ready.

 

The older smiled, holding his daughter close to his chest, “You really have the best daddy ever, pumpkin. I don’t know what I’d do without him.”

 

Seungri rolled his eyes and kissed Jiyong’s temple, “Thanks, love. You want me to take her so you can get the stuff together?”

 

Her babysitter, Eun, was supposed to arrive soon and they still had to gather Nari’s essentials and make a list of what the Eun might need while they were gone.

 

Nodding, Jiyong handed him their daughter and walked over to a drawer to find a pen. Once he found one, he sat at their island and started writing down their emergency contacts and her food schedules.


 

“Hey, have you ate yet?” Jiyong asked, finishing the list.

 

Seungri glanced at the clock, they had about five minutes before the sitter was supposed to arrive.

 

“Uh, no. Have you?” the blond asked, putting the bottle in the sink.

 

Shaking his head sheepishly, Jiyong said, “No.”

 

Seungri groaned, “We’re really bad at this whole taking care of ourselves thing, aren’t we?”

 

Across the room, Jiyong was gathering Nari’s favorite toys.

 

“Hey, we had two meals yesterday, that’s something!” he laughed, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter