maybe

What Kind Of Bubblegum Have You Been Blowing Lately?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He could hear the fans cheering in the stadium, but at this point it was just white noise. Their dressing room was filled with bags of chips and assorted fruit and on the tables were endless bottles of waters and energy drinks. One side of the room had rows and rows of outfits while the other was more of a lounge. Seungri was leaning against the wall, peeling a banana when Youngbae walked over.

 

Following Seungri’s gaze, he saw Jiyong high fiving Haru with a smile so bright it could compete with the sun. When the band was in town, they often invited their friends to come hang out. Sometimes it was hard with tours and promotions to keep in touch, so whenever they got the opportunity, they liked to have their friends and family around. Jiyong was Haru’s obvious favorite and anyone could see how much he adored her, so Tablo was usually one of the first people on the list to invite.

 

“You’re ed, man,” Youngbae said, taking a sip of his water.

 

Seungri turned to look at his older bandmate, “What are you talking about?”

 

“You see the way he looks at her, right?” Youngbae asked, gesturing towards the couches where Haru and Jiyong were.

 

Seungri laughed, “You don’t seriously think she’s my competition, do you? Bae, she’s like five.”

 

Laughing with him, the singer shook his head, “No, that’s not what I meant. But have you guys talked about it? I mean, you’ve been married for what? A year now?”

 

“Two years in April, but what do you mean?” Seungri asked, cocking his head the side. “Talked about what?”

 

He didn’t understand what Youngbae was getting at. They babysat for Tablo many times and each time Jiyong acted like this. It didn’t matter if he was barely making deadlines or if his schedule was full, Jiyong always made time for Haru. When she was around, he never acted impatient or harsh. If Seungri was being honest, most of the time he agreed to have Haru over was so that he could see Jiyong being so carefree.

 

“Kids,” Youngbae stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Have you two talked about having kids? You know, starting a family.”

 

Seungri felt the blood drain from his face. Kids? As in his and Jiyong’s? Now that he thought about it, they hadn’t talked about it. Not really. Every now and then something would be mentioned but never anything serious. Never anything more than “trust me babe, our kids would never dress like this” or “please shoot me if our kid ever says that.” It was always a joke. Now that Seungri thought about it, those comments probably should have set off some type of an alarm. He probably should have replied with “wait, our kids?” instead of laughing it off.

“N-No,” he stammered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter