Aftermath pt.1

Too sober for this!

Waking up the next morning couldn't possibly have been any harder. Especially for poor Hansol who had already woken up twice to throw up. Luckily for Jihoon the youngest wasn't that out of it and managed to reach the toilet in time.  

 

Jisoo, who had clearly drank the least, was the second one to wake up and he wasn't even surprised to find Hansol sleeping on the bathroom floor whining, probably in his sleep, and mumbling that he was going to die. Normally Jisoo would have kicked the younger out and done his business but this time he let it slide and just flushed the toilet that was full of gross Hansol puke. The latter opened his eyes and then winced at the loud noise right next to his ear.  

 

"Hyung, what the ?" He moaned tiredly and whined realizing that he wasn't able to get up.  

"Help me! I'm glued to the floor", Hansol whispered as loud as he could not being able to get his voice past his sore throat.  

 

"Hansol, you're fine. Just go back to sleep", Jisoo reassured the younger before turning around in order to leave the smelly room. Maybe he could hold his bladder just a few more hours.  

 

"I know I'm fine, hyung", Hansol grinned sleepily. "But it doesn't change the fact that I can't get up", he continued and Jisoo could see how the younger was mentally laughing at his own joke by the way his drool covered mouth was curved into a lazy smile.  

 

"You're an idiot", Jisoo laughed slightly before exiting the room. He probably shouldn't have. Once back in the living room he realized that Jeonghan had already waken up and was mourning for the loss of his beloved hair.  

 

"Jisoo, look at my hair! It's not even evenly cut", he cried out. And as much as Jisoo wanted to be a good boyfriend he really just couldn't have cared less at the moment.  

 

"Look, just use a ponytail or something. We can go to the hairdresser tomorrow", he suggested absentmindedly and sat next to Jeonghan on the mattress.  

"Let's just go back to sleep. It's not even 8 o'clock", he hugged the older sleepily and murmured against his neck while hugging him and pulling him down.  

 

 

Mingyu was the next one to wake up. And he really needed to go to the bathroom. He crawled over Jihoon and off the couch, hopped over the couple cuddling on the floor and rushed to the toilet not realizing that he wasn't the only one there.  

 

If the others had managed to stay asleep even after Mingyu's agility practice, they most definitely woke up when two equally horrified screams were heard from the bathroom.  

 

"What the heck?" Jihoon grumbled holding his hurting head between his hands while sitting up and looking around. Soonyoung was only now waking up next to him so this time he couldn't be the source of the screeching noises.  

 

A terrified Mingyu ran out of the bathroom while someone else stayed behind still screaming.  

 

"HANSOL PLEASE CAN YOU SHUT THE UP!!" Came a shout from the floor, next to Jihoon and the screaming stopped. Everyone in the room turned to look at Jisoo like he had grown another head. Except for Jeonghan who was grumbling and holding his aching head.  

 

Hansol's head peeked out of the bathroom. He looked like and probably felt like that too but to hear Jisoo swear was something one didn't hear every day. 

"Did you just swear at me?" he questioned smirking at his not so amused hyung. 

 

"I did. So you should take me seriously."  

 

"Yeah ok", Hansol could only laugh. Literally no one was going to take the swearing Jisoos seriously.  

 

Hansol slouched over to the couch and laid on his back sighing dramatically and glanced at his friends with pain filled eyes.  

 

"I am never going to drink ever again", he cried out.  

 

"I don't think alcohol is the reason you-", Jisoo started but was quickly cut off by Jeonghan who's headache hadn't gotten any better.  

 

"Don't you think it's better that he doesn't know", he whispered and Jihoon nodded in agreement. Maybe it was better not to tell. At least until all the symptoms were gone. Luckily Hansol wasn't even paying attention to the others anymore as he had dropped to the floor and was now laying flat on his stomach trying not to throw up.  

 

"I can't remember anything from last night", he sighed with a pout and turned to his side to see the others better.  

 

"Lucky", Soonyoung grumbled clearly not in a very good mood. Unlike the two youngest ones he did remember everything. Though he wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to. But deep down under all the nausea and annoyance he knew that he had to go and apologize to the waiter he had most probably scarred for life.  

 

After silently cursing his friends for a few seconds he finally got the strength to get up and go to the bathroom.  

"I'm going to the shower so find another place to throw up in", he threw a pointed look towards Hansol but the younger just ignored him.  

 

"Did I do something stupid yesterday?" he asked with a little worried expression on his face.  

 

"You did plenty of things", Jihoon frowned thinking about how his neighbours would probably never talk to him again. "You need to be more specific."  

 

"Like regarding Seungkwan or something..." the youngest trailed of with a slight blush decorating his face.  

 

"No. I don't remember you saying anything about Seungkwan", Jihoon tried to remember. "Why?"  

 

"No reason", Hansol cleared his throat and turned back to his stomach burying his flustered face on the couch pillows and letting out a relieved sigh. Jihoon decided not to tease the kid now and to rather leave it to later. But the other kid he wasn't going to leave without a little torture.  

 

"Mingyu", he called out effectively attracting the kid's attention. "Shouldn't you be calling Wonwoo already?" He asked with a mischievous grin plastered on his smug little face.  

 

"What?! Wonwoo? Why?" Mingyu was clearly panicking and that just made Jihoon want to more.  

 

"You really don't remember, huh?" He smirked as he watched the colour drain from the younger's face.  

 

"No... What happened?" Mingyu was now wide awake, panicking like no tomorrow. He didn't remember what had happened. , he didn't even know Wonwoo had visited. And reading from Jihoon's expression nothing good had followed from that visit.  

 

"It's really a shame no one had their camera", Jihoon went on and now he had also peeked Hansol's interest. "You know, when you kissed Wonwoo."  

 

"Rather forcefully may I add", Jeonghan scrunched his nose in disgust.  

 

Mingyu was mortified. He had kissed Wonwoo? Against the other's will? While drunk? If Wonwoo wasn't going to kill him he was sure that he would die out of embarrassment.  

 

"But in all seriousness, he said you needed to talk once you get your sorted out so I think you should run to him and apologise", Jeonghan patted Mingyu's back and the younger was gone in a flash.  

 

"Did someone come?" Soonyoung's head peeked out of the bathroom. He had already put new clothes on and didn't feel as ty anymore. At least on the outside. On the inside he was still dying.  

 

"No, Mingyu just left", Jisoo informed. He was in the middle of brushing Jeonghan's hair but now that it was short, it was harder than expected.  

 

"I should probably go too", Soonyoung sighed and went back to the bathroom to dry up his hair.  

 

"I still don't know what you did yesterday!" Jeonghan shouted over the noise of the hairdryer. Soonyoung didn't really want to talk about it anymore but he was too tired to stop Jihoon from telling. And he did. He told the others everything and made sure to be so loud that Soonyoung would hear every little detail over the buzzing machine in his hands. And re-living the moment made him feel two times worse that he already had.  

 

After his hair had been dried he left the apartment without another word. Not because he was angry or mad but because he felt really bad for the barista and he needed to apologise before his shift would be over.  

 

So he ran down the stairs and straight to the small cafe across the road. It was pretty early and a Sunday morning so there weren't that many people with nor without their cars. So Soonyoung crossed the road with ease and stepped into the cafe.  

 

And luckily the same barista was still there. Tired looking maybe but still there. The place was empty so it didn't take long for Minghao to notice the customer that had entered. His facial expressions shifted from a polite smile to one of confusion when he recognised the other but he didn't say anything.  

 

"Hey", Soonyoung started awkwardly after clearing his throat. Minghao smiled but remained quiet. "I just wanted to apologise for what I did", Soonyoung continued as he walked closer to the counter. But he didn't miss the small step Minghao took backwards so he stopped.  

 

"I'm really sorry. I know it's not a very good excuse but we were playing this game..." He trailed off when Minghao cleared his throat and took a step towards him.  

 

"I get it. No need to apologise. It's not like we know each other", Minghao said sarcasm clear in his voice.  

 

"My minor friends were drunk", Soonyoung tried but Minghao's face stayed static like a stone.  

 

"I would have had to pay them 150 dollars."  

 

"Were you drunk?" Minghao suddenly asked taking Soonyoung by surprise.  

 

"Not even the slightest", Soonyoung answered truthfully.  

 

"Then we're good", Minghao said and a smile spread to his face. Soonyoung could only stare. What? Was the kid serious?  

 

"Wait, seriously?" Soonyoung beamed at the other.  

 

"Sure. No harm done. If anything, you kept me awake for the rest of my shift", Minghao laughed.  

 

"How long have you been here?" Soonyoung asked curiously.  

 

"Well I've been here since eleven so about ten hours", the barista shrugged his shoulders.  

 

"Ten hours?! Is your sift always this long", Soonyoung almost shouted making the other chuckle lightly as he shook his head.  

 

"No usually my shift is from eight to two in the morning. Today I started a little later and the person who was supposed to come after me cancelled so I'm pretty much stuck here for a while", Minghao explained but didn't seem that affected by the happenings. Only a little tired.  

 

"Well it's a good thing this is a coffee shop then, isn't it?" Soonyoung grinned and finally found the courage to sit down next to the counter when Minghao laughed.  

"Are you going to order anything? Because if not, I'm gonna have to tell you to leave", the barista said in a jokingly.  

 

"Maybe a cappuccino", Soonyoung shrugged because he wasn't about to leave the place any time soon. He kind of enjoyed the other's company.  

 

"Coming right up", Minghao grinned and turned to the machine.  

 

Soonyoung spent a good time just sitting there chatting with Minghao. He explained why they had played the stupid game and why he had been the only one sober. He also told him some of the dares his friends had had to do and Minghao wondered out loud why hadn't any of them picked a truth. Soonyoung wasn't really sure either.  

Minghao then told him that the reason he wasn't angry about working double shifts was because the person who was supposed to come happened to be a good friend of his and he knew he had a good reason to skip the day. Then after they had been talking for almost an hour someone came in. She greeten Minghao hurriedly and apologised for being late.  

 

"That would be my sign to leave", Minghao whispered to Soongyoung and smiled reassuringly at his co-worker telling her that it was totally fine for him.  

 

"Whould you like another coffee to go?" He then turned back to his costumer with a slightly hopeful expression.  

 

"Only if you write your phone number on the cup", Soonyoung laughed and winked playfully.  

 

"Damn, you blew my surprise", Minghao joked but did eventually write the number down.  

Then they had to leave but at least now Soonyoung knew when the other's shift was. 

 

 ***  

 

"Did you actually say that?" Jihoon scrunched his face in disgust after Soonyoung had told them what had happened with him and the barista. A little too much in detail if you asked Jihoon. 

 

"Shut up. At least it worked and I have a date now", Soonyoung defended himself with a pout. 

 

"And thank god you do. I was getting tired of your single third wheeling our dates", Jeonghan joked. But only half kidding. 

 

Soonyoung didn't answer because he knew the other was right and he couldn't really argue with that. But at least now he didn't have to tag along on his hyungs' dates anymore because he was lonely. Minghao was way better company anyways.

 

 

||

 

 

Yass! I finally found the time to finnish this. The end is a bit weird but I honestly don't know how normal people emotions work so fight me...

 

Also, I got so shocked after I realized that the main chapter didn't have any verkwan, I needed to add little something here. ALSO! Check out my new Verkwan fic (I'm not gonna write the name because it's so embarrassing but you'll find it.) It's quite differend than this one I'm kinda very proud of it.

 

Here's the link!