Masked Serenade

Muted Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hanbyul is his name. Lived his whole life behind a mask."

"A...mask?"

Hearing no answer came her way, she fixed her eyes more intently on her husband, or rather, a man whose existence she never knew or cared for, until a few days before their marriage, their arranged marriage. She didn't care the disturbing unspoken fact that her uncle and aunt cared so little for her to set this marriage up without even asking for her consent, knowing them, she doubt they even bothered to find out the man's family background or whether he's not a criminal in disguise to pretend to marry ladies to sell them for ion in another country or anything of the likes, or if he has some weird disease that made him resort to finding an unknown girl far away from his own hometown for marriage, an orphan at that.

She didn't care. Or at least she tried to convince herself that there's no reason for her to care. Of course they're intent on getting rid of them. She wouldn't want to stay any longer either. If marriage is the only way to fly and leave this cage, then so be it. She tried to think positively, that if her husband to be happens to be a bad guy, or someone she couldn't even force herself to remain next to, she would run anyway, bringing along her sister of course. Though she doubt that girl would easily follow whatever her plans, she knew that the both of them desperately want this - to be away, far far away from their guardians, the house they grew up in, their whole sickening life ever since they became orphans even if things weren't that much greater when they had parents.

But maybe luck was on her side, to get a handsome, young husband, instead of the old lonely ert kind she imagined in her head prior to meeting him. He's very polite and courteous too, to the point that it made her uncomfortable, not being used to such niceness, such luck. But she knew better than to fell for tricks of fate. To get such a perfect looking guy this easy, must mean that there's something darker hidden about him that she hadn't discovered. 

Maybe she didn't even intend on discovering it. Ever since their marriage two days ago, things had been nothing but pure awkward. She star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter