The Serenade of Escapade

Muted Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Where do you think you're going with that backpack, young lady?"

As if there's not enough headache trying to figure out her newly wedded husband of a few words and fewer presence, watching her younger sister trying to sneak out in front of her own eyes is just like pulling the last straw.

No, scratch that. The younger woman with messy black wavy hair and smaller eyes and uneven lids that were hidden behind thick eye makeups, didn't even sneak out. She proudly tried to march out right before her. And what did she even get married to a stranger for?

"Gayoung, I'm talking to you, stop there!"

"What? I can go to wherever I want to. Just take care of your husband, Mrs. Im."

Jaekyung blew off the fringe covering her forehead. She knew what she needed to deal with her rebellious little sister is patience. A lot of patience. All the patience in the world that she could pull.

"Gayoung...let's just..."

"No! I'm not going to live here one more day."

"Of course you're not. You're following us."

"Following...to where? You never discussed it with me...No. I don't need you to take pity on me and show your mercy."

Even though she's refusing, Jaekyung could see through the younger one's tough facade. It was afterall, a weak refusal, coming from someone who's capable of so much more. The Gayoung she knew would never see the need to argue once she's set her mind on it, she'd just ignore and do what she wanted to do. Arguing means...something else. Secretly she knew her plan is going well, as far as the both of them were concerned. They just want an escape from this household. And thanks to Im Siwan, now they're finally getting that chance.

 

"Jaekyung-ah, what's this commotion? Gayoung, where are you going with that bag?"

"Oh...it's nothing, we're...getting ready to move to Siwan ssi's...I mean...umm, husband house."

"Gayoung too?"

"Of course. We've troubled you and uncle long enough. Now that I'm married, I can be the guardian for Gayoung. Thank you for raising us well all these years."

She nodded with her ever courteous smile towards her aunt, all while reciting polite nice words she had conjured in her mind earlier, missing the look on Gayoung's face while giving her full attention to her conversation with their aunt. Although she did wonder why Gayoung suddenly turned silent.

"But...this is Gayoung's final year at school. Why not take her after school ended? It would be easier for you."

"I can manage the procedures to change her school. Besides, she'd be better off in Seoul, there'd be better schools there."

'I'm not letting her suffer one more day here...for whatever reason she's suffering that she's not letting me know.'

"But...your uncle would be mad. You and Gayoung are already like ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter