Silenced Serenade (prologue)

Muted Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She finally appeared.

 

I've been waiting for so long, to the point there was already a twinge of feeling inside me trying to provoke my confidence in our unspoken promise, our silent pledge to always meet here inside this abandoned hall. I always wondered why of all place, inside a hall, abandoned one at that?

 

But I never asked. There must be a reason for fate to arrange our meeting in such a place. Her radiant presence alone fills up the entire space, and more. Even though I never managed to get a clear view of her, she's always hidden in the shadows of the badly lit place. 

 

She's always in the audience, and I, always stood on stage, for what reason I knew not. But it's as if she's asking for me to sing for her, even without saying anything. I just knew. Such was our own way of communication. It's special. She's special. And I know that I too, am special, to her.

 

Even though I hesitated, even though I wanted to let her know that there's no way I could sing for her, miraculously, I would always end up singing, with voice that doesn't even belong to me...voice that probably came down from heaven.  I didn't want to lie to her, I wanted to tell her the truth, but everytime I stole glances at her in the audience, nodding softly to the rhythm of my serenade, with the serene smile that never left her ethereal face. Even without seeing her face, I could see her smile. I could just feel it.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter