Dance With Me

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheers rang from a loud crowd in a small underground dance studio where dancers of many ages were doing their freestyles to the latest house music. They howled as it finished and threw shoes as a sign of respect. It’s a great compliment when hip hop dancers receive shoes at the end of a performance. It’s just as the same as a ballerina receiving roses.

Yugyeom huffed and chuckled loudly after he shyly went beside his friend in the corner after his freestyle.

“It’s been a while since you’ve been here man!” Junsu the owner of the dance studio & Yugyeom’s friend said.

“I know. I’ve been busy nowadays.” Yugyeom said as he sat down by the floor with him watching the others do more free styles.

“Aish, idol life huh. You should come by more often.”

Suddenly, The doors shot open when a girl in black nike sweatpants & shoes, and a white cropped sweatshirt, ran in with her backpack.

“I will..” Yugyeom replied as he followed the girl with his eyes.

The girl was greeted by a bunch of her friends in the studio. She was then encouraged to do a freestyle which she gladly proceeded to do after she dropped her bag to one side. The crowd cheered loudly upon seeing her presence.

She asked for the crowd to snap their fingers. Yugyeom followed Junsu towards the crowd and followed. They howled as they heard the first beat of Cram’s Without You being played in the studio.

When the first verse played she swiftly moved to the beat bringing the crowd to another round of howling.

“Eyyy!” They all cheered watching her dance.

“Who’s she?” Yugyeom asked his friend as he crossed his hands.

“She’s the new instructor here, Jin Haru.” Junsu explained.

“She’s good.”

“Yeah, she actually became one of the most in demand instructors here. Her classes is always full. The crowd loves her.”

“I can see the reason why.” Yugyeom said as he fixed his eyes on Haru’s timely moves.

They all threw their shoes after she finished her dance. Junsu then stepped in after the routine and welcomed their Saturday class.

“So today, we have a special instructor. And you know how we do it in the studio right?” Junsu hinted the crowd. Yugyeom was already giggling in the background turning red.

“We’ve seen him freestyle awhile ago. But he said he prepared a special dance to teach us today. Let’s bring him up again back in the dancefloor!”

“Oppa! Go!” One of the girls beside Yugyeom said. While everyone was cheering, he motioned them tone down and placed his hands in his pockets. Music rang throughout the studio and the first lyrics of playlist by Omarion played.

Yugyeom started to move timely with the beat. And he already swayed everyone as he danced without using much of his hands.

“Who’s he?” Haru asked her two friends.

“Kim Yugyeom. He’s part of that idol group..” One of her friends, Soobin, said trying to recall.

“Ah, GOT7!” Another one of her friends, Nayeon, replied.  

“Ah right.. I’ve seen some of their performances and.. I think Eunjin’s friends with one of them..” Haru disclosed.

When the saxophone part of the song hit, Yugyeom then impressed the crowd with his fast moves following the rythmn of the instrumental. Swaying each and every person in the studio and leaving them agape.  

“Wow, he’s good.” Haru said to her friends beside her.

“Cute too!” Soobin Her friend replied.

“I guess he is.. kind of cute.” Haru disclosed as she fixed her gaze at Yugyeom.

“Hey, didn’t you want a tall boyfriend?” Nayeon recalled.

“Plus, he dances.” Soobin teasingly nudged her.

“Stop it.” Haru replied as she tried to hide her smile. “Why is this suddenly about me?”

“Haru-ah. You’re the only one single in us three. It’s natural we to you.” Soobin explained.

“Why? Can’t taken girls get crushes too?”

“Yeah they can. But I’m loyal to my Junsu oppa.” Soobin lovingly said. Haru gave out a disgusted face. Nayeon just laughed in the background.

When Yugyeom finished they threw in their shoes and applauded him.

“Okay, so we’ll start the session in 10 minutes. We’ll just wait for a few more before we start. So you guys better start stretching!” Junsu instructed the crowd. And they started to grab their shoes back and went off to stretch.

Yugyeom got a shoe from beneath him. He looked around and saw Haru searching the floor with one black shoe identical to the one he’s holding and her pink flowery socks. He chuckled as he watched her spin the room desperately looking for her shoe and flopping down on one corner.

“I believe this is yours?” Yugyeom slowly went in as he showed the shoe in his hand. Haru looked up and was surprised by the tall presence infront of her.

“Oh.. Hi..” She said after realizing who he was.

“May I?” Yugyeom kneeled infront of her.

“Oh w-wait! No no, it’s okay. You don’t have to.” She refused as she tried to get the shoe off of him. Yugyeom pulled it away from her.

“I want to.” He smiled warmly. He slowly got her ankles as Haru watched him help her wear her shoe. He fixed the shoelaces and tied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter