The Beautiful and Damned

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With lack of sleep from last night’s party, there was one who was specially tired. And not because she was working. But because she was force to stay up late to attend an event she doesn’t usually go to. She couldn’t sleep back at her apartment especially when it smelled like a mixture of vomit and alcohol that came from her two older roommates. To help herself to sleep, she figured she head to her uncle’s bookstore just right around Hongdae.

It was her favorite place to go to when she needs to focus on school or when she wants to take a nap. Books lull her to sleep. It’s not just by reading them. Being surrounded in them is her lullaby.

Meanwhile, she wasn’t the only one who’s a big fan of books and is in dire need of sleep. He was all up last night taking care of his drunk friend who came home from a late party.

Junior was out in Hongdae in his facemask as he went around to find a decent bookstore to go into. He saw a logo of books with an arrow pointing to a narrow alley. He thought he probably shouldn’t go but it made him curious. He felt like it was a hidden bookstore. He probably has gone to a lot of bookstores in Seoul but he’s certain he hasn’t been to this one just yet.

He peeped through the stained glass door before entering. He went inside and was engulfed with a strong aroma of old books all piled up in a two floor bookstore. His jaw dropped as he scanned the place.

Wow. How do I not know this place?? Junior thought to himself as he admired the store.

The bell chimed as he closed the door behind him.

“Good morning.” Siwon, a guy at the counter with a name tag greeted.

He smiled showing his eye crinkles and bowed politely greeting back the elder. He went over some racks to scan books. Some authors he knew, some were new to him. He was surprised some books that were hard to find these days were available at the store. He quickly got a whole bunch of them in his hands as he continued to go around reading the summaries in the back of each of the book he got.

He later on felt a little bit warm as he went in deep into the store. So he slowly removed his scarf and face mask to continue reading.

Minutes later a few girls started to chatter amongst themselves as they saw him.

“Is that.. GOT7’s Junior??” One girl whispered to her friend loud enough for Junior to hear. He smiled politely at the two and went on to more shelves further deep into the bookstore.

“It’s really GOT7’s Junior!” Another girl said disclosing Junior’s identity to the small bookstore. He got to his feet as he started to walk a little faster to hide from the girls.

“Oppa!!” One of the girls called out as they began to follow him.

Aish. Even here!?! I just want to read peacefully! Junior thought as he find a place in the store to hide himself.

As he tries to do so, he bumped into a girl with circled frame glasses in cardigan holding a few books. Junior grabbed her by the shoulders to pull her out of the way behind one of the big shelves in the store.

“What are you—??” She was about to say when Junior placed a hand on .

“Ssshh.” He instructed as he looked out to observe the surroundings.  The girl cocked her head as she tried to look at the man in front of her.

“Wait.. you're junior right?” She queried recognizing him as she removed Junior’s hand from .  

“Yeah you know me too?”

“I've.. heard of your group.” She said with a scowling face.

“You dont look like you’re a fan.”

“I’m not.” She smirked and fixed her glasses by the bridge of her nose.

“You hate us??” He asked as he crossed his arms.

“I don’t hate you guys. I’m just not a fan of boy groups. Or boy idols, in general.” She said as she tries to walk away from him.

“Why aren’t you—“ Junior was about to say when he saw the girls from earlier walking by the other aisle looking for him. He hid back behind the shelf. She noticed his problem and shooked her head as she sighed.

“Come with me.” She said as she walked to an area in the bookstore.

Junior still felt agitated and alert as he looked around and hid himself with a book. He followed the girl as she went in a door behind the tall stack of books.

He was greeted by a stairs towards the 2nd floor of the establishment. She pulled the light open and he soon came to realize It was the bookstore’s attic. She opened a curtain to let some light in.

“Nice..” He uttered in awe.

“Are we allowed here?” He asked as he placed his hands in his pockets as he looked around.

“Relax. My uncle owns the place. I’m practically royal here.” She said proudly as she went in her little nook by the corner where it was hidden with tall stacks of books.

“Do you live here?” He chuckled seeing the comfy area in the attic where there was a small mattress, a few cushions and a blanket.

She shot him a look.

“N-not.. that it’s a bad thing but..” He followed up.

“I don’t. This is just my favorite place to go to when I want to sleep or relax.” She said as she sat down by the mattress and got comfortable with a blanket.

“You can stay here for a while until your fangirls get tired of looking for you.” She followed and opened up a book.

“Thank you.. Really.” He said as he goes around the attic to look at the books. She went on by reading her book.

When it was finally peaceful at the attic, both of them occupied on books, Junior’s phone suddenly rang startling them both. She glared at him making him answer the phone from his pocket immediately.

“Yebeoseyo?” Junior answered in a hush tone.

“Jinyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter