Birthday Wishes

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm went off at the shared dorm. Mark fumbled upon his phone and went back to sleep as he successfully turned it off.

Mark’s Saturday morning was peaceful. Since it was their day off, all the others had personal errands to do and have gone out. He was left in their dorm alone. All he planned to do today was sleep. Which he rarely experience because 1. s were hella noisy, 2. They travel a lot, 3. They practice dance routines late, 4. They’re always busy with schedules & 5. s were hella noisy.

Right when he was about to continue his slumber, a loud banging on the door startled him awake.

“Yaaaa!! Open the door!!” A voice yelled from outside as it continued to bang loudly.

Maybe if I pretend no one’s here, he.. or she.. will go away. He thought to himself as he hid himself under the covers attempting his plan. He laid there silent as he waited for the person to get tired from banging the door.

But the banging won’t stop and it started to annoy him.

“Ya!!! I know you’re in there! Let me in!!” He could identify the voice as a girl after she gave another round of banging.

“Come oooooonn!!!” She banged harder at the door.

He grunted as he was forced to stand up and assess to whoever was ruining his peaceful Saturday morning. He lazily dragged his feet by the door and opened it with his brows furrowed.

“Yes???” He snapped. He saw a girl in dark sunglasses, hair dissarray wearing a blinding bright gold cocktail dress standing before him barefoot as she held her heels.

“Eh?” She uttered surprised seeing Mark by the door.

“May I help you??” He asked again irritated.

“Oh . Isn’t this apartment 605??” She slurred as she cocked her head to the side.

Mark took a deep breath and exhaled as he pointed to the apartment number which was clearly written in bold numbers above the door.

The girl raised her sunglasses to see it clearly resting it above her head. Her eyes widened momentarily and she sighed realizing her embarrassing mistake.

“Crap. I’m so sorry.” She apologized profusely.

“It’s fine.” Mark said hearing her apology.

“Wait, you’re Mark Tuan right?” She said as she recognized him even without make up and still in pajamas. “From that idol group.. G-g.. what was it?”

“GOT7.” He continued for her.

“Yes! Yeah, I remember you! I didn’t know my best friend lives in the same apartment complex as you guys.” She cocked her head as she rambled on.

“Yeah. Good to know.” Mark nodded awkward with the situation as he has nothing to say anymore.

“Okay. So.. um, if you’re good.. I’m just gonna go back to sl—“ He was about to say as he prepared to close the door.

“Wait! I actually need your help.”

This girl has been pissing me off. She disturbed my Saturday morning and now she needs my help?!? Mark thought.

“What is it.” He said monotonous.

“Can I use your landline phone for a sec??”

“We don’t have a phone.”

“Well.. can I use your phone instead??”

Is she for real right now?? Mark thought.

“What’s wrong with yours?” He asked eyeing the phone she was holding.

“It’s lowbatt!! And I need to call my best friend so I could change into.. you know.. something less sparkling than this.” She said pointing to her current ensemble.

“And hey! The faster you could help me, the faster I’ll be gone by your sight!” She followed as she felt that Mark was about to hesitate.

My manager will kill me if he knew I’ll let a girl in the apartment. Mark thought to himself.

“Please?” She said with hopeful eyes.

I can’t just leave her like this either.. Mark thought.

He sighed in defeat and let her in. She left her heels by the walkway through the apartment before entering.

 “Nice place.” She said as she looked around. But when she entered further, she saw the cluttered mess.

“And crowded too. Wow, don’t you guys unpack or something??” She said looking at the boxes that piled up.

“We haven’t had much time.” Mark said simply as he went in to his room and got his phone.

He went out and gave her his phone, unlocking it for her.

“Here.” Her eyes lit up as she saw the phone.

“Thank you.” She quickly got his phone and dialed in a number.

She bit her lip as she stood by the living room waiting for an answer.

Mark went by the kitchen to fix himself some coffee. He watched her as he poured some hot water in his cup.

“Come on pick up.” She said as she started to pace back and forth.

“Pick up pick up pick up.” She chanted.

Mark let out a smile as he watched her. He took a seat by the counter.

When you think about it, Ms. noisy gold dress is actually pretty.. He thought as he observed her. I wonder how old is she.. she looks older than me with all that make up on.. Or what was left of her make up.. He thought as he saw her eyeliner smudged eyes and faded tint of red on her lips.

“. She’s not answering.” She mumbled out loud rubbing the back of her neck and continued to make a call.

“I haven’t had a decent sleep yet.” She whined as she leaned her head back.

“Why don’t you go home to your place?” Mark asked as he poured coffee into a new cup.

“I don’t live here.” She revealed.

Mark gave a confused look as he went to her.

“In Seoul, I mean. I live with my best friend. It’s really a long story.”

“What do you plan to do now?”

Mark asked her as she slumped into the sofa covering her face with her hands while rubbing her temples.

“I don’t know.” She drawled.

“You look hammered.” Mark sat by the sofa beside her and gave her a cup of coffee.

“Thanks. And Yeah, I’m hung over from.. my party last night.” She said as she took a sip.

“Your party?”

“Yesterday I had a pre-party for my 23rd birthday. Like a countdown to today. You know?” She explained.

Oh so we’re the same age then. Mark thought.

“You’re having a great birthday so far huh.” He teased. She turned her eyes into slits.

“That was sarcastic right. I can sense the sarcasm.”

“It was.” He chuckled as he saw her give a face.

“Wait right there.” He said as he got to his feet and went back to his bedroom to get a few things. He came back with some of his clothes.

“Here.” He handed to her.

“What are these.” She said as placed her cup down and got the clothes from him.

“Clothes. You said you needed to change into something comfortable.” He explained. “The bathroom’s there. You can go wash up.” He pointed to the bathroom to his left. “You can use my towel.”

She blinked at his offer.

“Thank you.” She sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter