Searching For Real Love

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Day After.

The record store in Itaewon was the oldest selling vinyl record store that’s still running in Korea. In the age of modernity and high-tech technology, there are still people who loves going back to the roots of music. In this tale, there was especially two.

It was a normal day at The Record Inn and Coffee Shop. Bob Marley’s Waiting In Vain rang throughout the room giving the most soothing vibes perfect for a Saturday morning jam.

“Look, Jackson. Why don’t you try asking Namjoon for her name??” JB said over the phone that he held to his ears as he went through the vinyl records of the store.

“He’s still hammered from last night! And I told you he doesn’t know her! Aren’t you listening??” Jackson said on the other line. JB rolled his eyes at no one beginning to feel frustrated with the latter.

“Jackson. Think. Slowly, okay?” He started. “The host is close friends with, Namjoon. Right.”

“Yeah but—“

“And you are close friends with Namjoon. Right?”

“Yeah I know that bu—“

“Right???” JB’s said in a stern voice waiting for an answer.

“Yes.” Jackson answered in defeat.  

“So you know what to do.” JB said as he continued to search for some vinyl record taking one or two and piling it up on his side.

“But what if..”

JB’s attention got cut when he heard the store’s bell chimed. He turned around and saw a girl in a red plaid polo, distressed shorts, and black boots.

“Hey, D. How’s the party?” The record store owner greeted the girl who entered.

“Wild. Everyone was wasted.” She replied as she went over to one of the racks and search for a record.

“And Eunjin?” The owner followed up.

“Ditched it.”

“Again???”

She gave a knowing face at the owner.

“Every year, huh?”

“Well, that’s our Eunjin.” She shrugged.

“And you don’t mind..?” She said as she showed one vinyl record.

“Oh yeah, go right ahead. Everyone loves your taste in music anyway.”

“Thanks oppa.” She said as she head over to the player and placed in the record.

She pressed play and started to make coffee for herself at the coffee shop.

Frank Ocean’s Thinking About You played throughout the store.

She really does have great taste in music. JB thought as he heard the first lines of Frank Ocean’s song.

“JB? JB! Are you still there?” Jackson called out on the other line waking JB’s reverie.

“Ah, ah.. yeah. Sorry. I was occuppied.”

“By what?! I have a crisis!” Jackson yelled over the phone.

“Tsk. Jackson! I’ve told you what to do. If you really like to see this girl go make an effort to search for her. Seoul is a small city if you think about it. Anyone knows everyone here. Now will you please bother someone else about this. Go talk to Jinyoung instead. I’m busy.” JB said frustrated as he continued to pile up some records.

“Jinyoung!! Ofcourse, he’ll know what to do!” Jackson said completely ignoring JB’s advice.

“Thanks hyung!!” He said after and then ended the call. JB let out a deep sigh and shooked his head at the latter.

“Rough day?” The girl in distressed shorts said as she passed by the other side of the racks drinking her coffee. JB startled by her presence, quickly reacted nonchalantly.

“Nah, it happens everytime. That’s how our everyday conversation goes actually.” He stated as he continued to search for records.

“You seem new here.” She said noticing his new presence in the store.

“Yeah. I heard this place from one of my friends.” He said as he continued to look for some records.

She scoffed. “I know you’re an idol.” She disclosed with a tone. JB eyed her.

“And so?” He said raising a brow at her. “Want an autograph?”

“You wish.”

JB let out a laugh at her response.  

“I just didn’t think, I’d see one of you here.” She continued.

“One of us?”

“Idols.”

“Aren’t we allowed here? Music is universal.” JB said as he moved through the racks.

“But none of these songs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter