PROLOGUE: Act A Fool

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Night Before

It was a loud bustling night at the rented private studio loft apartment in Downtown Seoul. The DJ hyped up the place with the best mix house tunes she specially prepared for that night. Guests were all made up in their best party clothes dancing as they entered the premises with gifts in hand. Waiters were roaming around with trays of mini food offering each of the guests that walks their way.

The loft was all covered in bright white & gold decorations with balloons scattered all over the floor & some were floating high up in the tall ceiling. There was a separate table for the gifts & food. Both of which are slowly piling up as more guests entered nonstop.

The hostess’ best friend and also the host of the night was already at the dance floor warming up the crowd with her sick dance moves. The event photographer kept alert as she pressed her shutter button as she followed her moves in the small circle that gathered around in the middle of the loft. The celebrant didn’t have a hard time hiring a decent photographer since one of her closest friends, Jiyeon, was luckily a photographer by profession.

“Haru, look here!!” Jiyeon tried to grab the younger girl’s attention on the dance floor as she aimed her camera lens towards her and waited for a good shot.

Jiyeon was busy taking lots of photo’s the rest of the night with her heavy dslr wrapped around her hands flashing it at every guest she encounters. All of which loved to smile when her lens landed on them.

The party started as the celebrant stepped out of the room in her customized gold party dress. She greeted each and every one of them and offering them food that was ready made by the table.

“Great party, Eunjin!! And Happy Birthday!” One of her friends said to her.

“Thank you so much for coming! Please help yourselves with some food!” She replied.

“Eunjin!” Jiyeon's voice startled her. 

A flash greeted her when she turned around. 

“Jiyeon-ah!!” Eunjin squeeled as she went in for a tight hug.

“Love how you guys decorated the place!” Jiyeon said after they released each other from the hug.

“Oh, it’s all Haru’s idea man. She’s been trying out to do this production designing thing.” Eunjin said praising her best friend who was busy attending to guests.

“Well she did a good job. And I love your dress.”

“Right?? Thank you! It’s custom made by one of Haru’s colleagues. She was actually looking for you.” She disclosed as she tried to search for her in the crowd.

“Oh really, why?”

“She said she wants help for her designer’s uhh.. lookbook. I don’t know babe. Fashion stuff. I bet you get it.” Eunjin said with her term of endearment special for her friends only.

“Oh. I’d love to meet her.”

“Well.. she’s around somewhere. I told her already about you.” Eunjin said.

The doors opened again with a new batch of people entering.

“Oh babe. There’s more guests coming. I’ll just go around to greet everyone.” Eunjin said.

“Oh yeah ofcourse!”

“Please help yourself with the food. And take those rad pictures, alright??” Eunjin said before she disappeared from the crowd.

“You got it!” Jiyeon assured as she started to work again and take photo’s.

She swam through the crowd trying to get to the dj area at the corner of the loft.

“D.O.!” Jiyeon yelled as she tried to get through. The DJ removed her headphones as she saw Jiyeon struggling. She then pulled her out of the crowd and towards her area.

“Man, Eunjin has so many friends.” Jiyeon tried to say over the loud music blaring from the speakers beside them.

“I know right. I didn’t know it’ll get this crowded here.”  D.O. said as she was expert at hearing people over loud music.

“Sick beats by the way!” Jiyeon yelled out after hearing D.O’s mix.

“Thanks!” She said as she continued to spin her set.

 

 

Meanwhile, Eunjin greeted the new batch of guests.

“Namjoonie!!” She called as she walked over to hug Namjoon who just came in.

“Heyy, happy birthday!” Namjoon said with a hug and gave her a gift.

“I hope you don’t mind I brought my boy Jackson, here.” Namjoon said introducing Jackson who was following behind him.

“Oh yeah sure it’s fine!” Eunjin said as she saw his friend.

“I got you a gift! Happy Birthday!” Jackson said as he handed her a paper bag. Eunjin laughed as she received it.  

“You shouldn’t have. But thank you!”

“Dope party by the way!” Jackson yelled out over the loud music as he scanned the room.

“Thank you! Have some drinks!” Eunjin offered as one of the waiters passed them by.

Jackson looked over the crowd who was dancing in the middle of the loft. It was packed with people drinking, chatting and having fun.

In the middle of the crowd his eyes landed on a certain girl who was busy working. She was donned in an all black y v-neck top with black sequinned shorts holding a bulky dslr camera dancing beside the dj, occassionally taking shots (both drink and photo)

“I’m digging the music too!” Namjoon said as he bobbed his head to the EDM that was playing.

“The DJ is one of my closest friends. She & the girl beside her volunteered to help me for my party.” Eunjin disclosed.

“The.. photographer?” Jackson carefully asked as he watched Jiyeon who was already pumped up singing a line of Zedd’s Stay The Night with D.O. beside her.

“She’s the best friend. She’s also one of my closest friends. I saved a lot of bucks for the party because of those girls. You know how expensive it is to hire a photographer & a dj?!” Eunjin said.

“Lucky you have both huh??” Namjoon said as he watched the Dj spinned her beats.

“Exactly!”

The beat dropped in time making the whole crowd dance and jump.

Jackson was captivated by Jiyeon and never took his eyes off her. He watched as she talked to D.O. by the booth and was even more entranced seeing her laughing and smiling.

D.O. played her remixed version of Clarity next. This was one of Jiyeon’s favorite mixes.

“I love this song!!” Jiyeon chirped hearing the intro.

“I know you do. It’s our anthem!” D.O. said

“If our love, is tragedy. Why are you my remedy? If our love seen sanity, why are you my clarity?” They both sang out with the crowd echoing them. The crowd went wild when the beat dropped with Haru leading the dance floor.

At the of the song, Haru got out of the crowd and pulled Jiyeon out of the DJ area and encourage to dance with her in the middle. Jiyeon chuckled as she tried to decline.

“Come on!!” D.O. encouraging her best friend. 

“Dougie with me.” Haru said to Jiyeon who was still hesitating. When the came Haru & Jiyeon bust out their best dougie dance moves. Both perfectly in sync, it’s as if they’ve been practicing it before. The crowd cheered seeing the girls dance in the middle joining them in the middle afterwards. Jackson being the loudest with his hands up in the air enjoying the hype.  

 

 

Jiyeon got flustered chuckling back beside D.O. who went back to spinning her mix.

“Oh hey, has Kim called you yet?” Jiyeon yelled out after she took some photo’s.

“Yeah. She’s already here. Though, I haven’t seen her.” D.O. said as she continued to mix some beats. Jiyeon gave her a knowing smile.

“We’re so evil.” D.O. said again completely understanding Jiyeon’s teasing face.

“Hey, she needs to get out more! Plus, it’s booze & food. Who doesn’t want that???” Jiyeon pointed out.

“Kim does.” D.O. joked making Jiyeon laugh.

“Alright I’ll go find her.” Jiyeon said as she took a shot from her drink.

“I’ll see you. And give the poor girl a drink will ya?” D.O. said as she continued to control the music.

“Gotcha.” Jiyeon winked as she swam through the crowd again with her dslr raised. She tried to take some aerial shots of the people in the room as well.

 

 

Jackson soon found himself finding Jiyeon after he momentarily took his eyes off her.

Where did she go?? He thought to himself as he scanned the room.

“Hey man let’s get some food. I’m starving.” Namjoon tapped him. He obliged as he too was getting hungry.

He still kept a look out for Jiyeon’s whereabouts as he followed Namjoon through the crowd.

 

 

Jiyeon saw a familiar face through the kitchen door. The girl sat by the edge of the counter talking with the chef with a book in her hand. She successfully pushed her way in and the kitchen drowned the loud music from the outside.

“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!” Jiyeon said slinging her camera around her.

“Now you found me. Can I have the keys now so I could go home??” The girl said frustrated. 

“What?? You haven’t tried my delicious burgers yet!! The patties will be cooked soon!” The chef said as she busied herself preparing more food for the buffet table.

“See! There’s food! Stay for a while! And you know.. meet people!” Jiyeon encouraged the younger girl in her jeans and cardigan.

“I met, Eunjin unnie’s cousins! Sumi unnie and her brother, Taehyung. That’s about enough.” She said pointing to the Eunjin’s cousin who was also the chef who was busy cooking.

“Taehyung!! These next batch won’t serve themselves!!” She yelled at the waiter who was by the corner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter