oo3.

For a Little While
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By far, one of the most terrible feelings that you could ever imagine to settle in your body is the feeling that you’ve reached a complete standstill in your life. It’s almost like you’re too old to fix your mistakes, but you’re too young to be able to fix yourself. You lay staring at the ceiling wondering how you got to this point–why you do the things you do, why you say the things you day–why he was laying on the bed beside you.

You confess, your mind went blank during the past few hours in the sheets. Taehyun’s touch was desperate, and you were too defeated to resist. The worse part had to be… that it wasn’t just –no. He was making love to you, but it wasn’t you he was thinking of. He treated you like a lover–or maybe he treated you like the lover he lost.

You didn’t dare ask anymore questions. The moonlight was bright in Taehyun’s  bedroom, and it made the thoughts more difficult to process.

You stared at the blank white space above the bed, wisps of tears slowly making their way past your eyes.

How did things end up this way?

“Go to sleep.”

Taehyun whispered suddenly in the dark. While it startled you a bit, you hid your surprise well. What made it worse was when he sat upright, placed his fingers on your cheek and wiped your tear clean.

“I can’t.”

“Too much on your mind?” He combed his fingers through his hair.

“I guess.”

Taehyun leaned in close to you, adjusting the blanket so that it didn’t separate your torsos from each other. He kissed your forehead, adding just a little bit more heat to your skin. His body blocked the moonlight, creating a dark cloud over your eyes.

He kept his lips on you, waiting until your breathing slowed.

“Sleep now, darling.”

**

When you woke up, he was still there.

For some reason, it scared you. There were consequences to everything, and you could hear his voice echoing in your head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter