oo2.

For a Little While
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One by one, people were clearing out of the bar until all that was left were the drunk stragglers, struggling authors, and a couple of lonely souls.

Taehyun watched his ice melt, so thoroughly gone until you couldn’t even see the remnants of caramel anymore. He sighed to himself.

“I guess I should have seen this coming. I believe in karma, don’t I?” He chuckled to himself before sipping on his now non-alcoholic drink.

You never really spoke as he continued his drunken lecture. He’d look at you occasionally to make sure you were still there, but other than that, you had nothing to contribute.

“She’s married for ’s sake.” A large sarcastic smirk appeared across his face as he had a difficult time comprehending his own words. “And I’m–I’m… I’m nobody. I’m nothing. She’s married, and I’m nothing.”

“Don’t say that.” You handed him your half-full glass.

“But I am nothing.”

“And what makes you say that?”

“People who steal, lie, and cheat are nothing.” Taehyun declared it like it was a simple fact of life. “I used to steal all the time when I was a kid. You’d think I would have kicked the habit. Hell, I knew she was married, and I… I don't even know anymore. I guess I wanted to steal one more thing before accepting the consequences.”

Taehyun was quiet for a moment before finishing his thought.

“I just didn’t expect to lose myself to something that wasn’t even mine.”

You noticed his demeanor had changed significantly over the few hours you two had been sitting at the bar. He looked vulnerable now, willing to spill all his secrets. After his endeavor, he probably just needed someone–didn’t matter who it was whether it be a stranger or a lover.

“You know,” you sighed. “She’s nothing.”

“What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter