Distance

Distance

Distance


“Jeonghan? Jeonghannnnn? Jeonghan!” The blonde snapped out of his thoughts as his older friends called his name, startled as he was jutted from his day dream.


“You ok, Angel? You looked like you were worried about something,” Joshua sat back in his seat, frowning as he took a sip of his dark French roast coffee, “Your not tired are you? Training has been hard lately, I wouldn’t be surprised.”


Jeonghan shook his head, he wasn’t tired… Just out of it. More like bored, bored of the same busy schedule week after week. Vocal lessons, recording, practicing dances… It was getting a bit monotonous, “I’m not tired at all actually, in fact it’s the opposite. I feel like I need something new, but I don’t know what”


Joshua hummed, nodding as Jeonghan sipped from his vanilla mocha, “I get you, training has been a bit bland lately.”
Jeonghan’s frown deepened, “It’s not just that, though. I’m fine with practice and all, I love our band mates, I just feel like I need something to switch things up a bit. A little spontaneity, give or take. I wish something different would just kinda, you know, happen-”


A woman suddenly ran into the restaurant, breathing heavily as she took a rest. She was bent over with her hands propping herself up, hair falling in her face.


“Has anyone - seen - my little - brother?” She spoke between gasps, a bead of sweat running down her forehead. Her hair was haphazardly tied back, a few pieces slipping out and framing her face messily. Her makeup was slightly smudged, probably ruined by the sweat. The shop keeper rushed from behind the bar and steadied her.


“Whoa, whoa, whoa, miss. Are you ok?” They tried placating her, filling up a glass with water that she graciously accepted.
“No! I mean- Yes? I’m ok, but I lost track of my little brother for one moment and-” her voice cracked, “I turn my back for one second! One! Ahhhh I am dead, set up my funeral. My parents are going to kill me. I swear-” She tossed back her head with her hands over her face, “That kid will be the death of me.”


“It’s ok, miss. We will find your brother,” The keeper looked down at his watch, “It’s almost rush hour though, I can’t leave my shop unattended. Have to make a living, you know?” He sighed, glancing around his shop with a hopeful look, “Can anyone help this young lady out? Please?”


A couple of people in the shop audibly scoffed, making Jeonghan frown as he saw the hopeful look on the woman’s face fall with their actions. Joshua gave a glance to his younger friend, raising an eyebrow with a concerned expression, “Do you think we should-"


“I- I can help!” Jeonghan stood up from his seat before the brunette could even finish his sentence, “I’ll help you find your brother.” He said, this time a little more composed. Relief broke out on the woman’s face as she stood up swiftly, giving the young male a bow so deep he thought she would touch her toes.


“Thank you so much!” The woman sniffled, pulling out her phone. She scrolled through her photos, Jeonghan seeing some over her shoulder unintentionally. One caught his eye. More like a couple, actually. One of her with makeup still intact, one of her seemingly just after waking up, and finally she settled on a picture of her with a little boy. Must be her brother, Jeonghan thought. 


She pointed to the boy next to her in the photo, “That’s him. The last place we were was in the park across the street and then just - “poof!” - gone.“ The blonde laid a hand on her shoulder as she got worked up again, “Sorry that I dragged you into this,” she sighed.


He smiled, “It’s ok.” She input her number into his phone in case he found the boy when they separated, her sending her the photo of the boy as well. For reference, of course. 


“What’s your name,” She asked him as she put in his contact.


“Jeonghan,” he told her, “And you?”


“I’m ______,” The girl checked the time, “Crap, we need to get going! The longer we wait the further away he could get. It’s only been 15 minutes, but still. He couldn’t have gone far,” ________ headed towards the exit of the building, opening the door with a jingled of the bell above, “This might take awhile, you know?”


Jeonghan gave her a smile smile, “I got time. I needed a little excitement in my life anyway.” The girl gave him a bright smile in response, making his heart swell. Ok, so maybe he though she was a bit more than just pretty. His own smile brightened at the thought, grinning like an idiot as he exited the store after the woman.


‘I think I found just what I needed,’ Jeonghan thought, following the girl with the messy yet beautiful hair. It splayed in multiple directions from the flowing breeze, the strands tangling. He couldn’t help but want to close the distance between you two and walk by your side. Yep, Jeonghan definitely found just what he needed.


You.