Part 3

His innocent angel
-Present-
It was frightening to Sanghyuk. For he suffered from constant verbal and physical abuse since his transfer and in one day, there was nothing. From the mumbles and whispers of the students, he concluded that it was probably the doings of the popular senior. He sighed to himself softly, deciding that a talk would be necessary after all.
 
Dragging his feet heavily, Sanghyuk walked to the seniors' classrooms. He stood in front of Taekwoon's classroom and deliberated whether entering was a good idea. Determined, he began to leave when someone attacked him from behind.
 
"Whoa, it’s Han Sanghyuk!"
 
"Hyung, don't let him go!" Another voice added.
 
"Umm I don't know who you-" Sanghyuk began only to be interrupted.
 
"You're here for Taekwoon right? Wait here, Jaehwan-ah, get Taekwoonie out, hurry!"
 
After some futile attempts to escape the hands encircling his waist, Sanghyuk dropped his arms and stood there, helpless.
 
"Hyung! Your cute angel is outside right now!" Jaehwan excitedly shouted.
 
Frowning, the older walked over and flicked the younger's forehead, earning a cry of pain.
 
"One, stop announcing to the whole world. Two, don't shout." Taekwoon chided before heading out of the classroom, smiling slightly.
 
Although he knew Hakyeon was helping him to keep the boy, Taekwoon could not help sending a scowl at the older. He not-so-gently wrestled the younger from Hakyeon's embrace and pulled him by the wrist away, ignoring the protests from the younger boy.
 
Somewhere along the way, the older ended up holding Sanghyuk's hands and the younger just stared stupidly at their hands and allowed himself to be dragged along.
 
When Taekwoon finally found a nice and quiet spot, he stopped and realised that he was holding Sanghyuk's hand. A faint blush appeared on his face and he reluctantly released the younger's hand, rubbing the back of his head shyly.
 
"Why did you look for me?" He decided to break the awkward atmosphere.
 
"About what sunbae said yesterday... It's a joke, right?"
 
The older looked at Sanghyuk with his piercing eyes, causing the younger to gulp timidly. Taekwoon moved forward to close the gap, only to have the other backing away. He continued to move forward until he had the younger's back pressed against the wall and he placed both hands on the wall to prevent the young boy's escape.
 
"I really do like you. I am not lying." He tried to convince Sanghyuk using his most sincere voice.
 
The younger boy widened his eyes and was about to protest when the taller male placed one of his hands on the former's cheek, rubbing it gently with his thumb. Sanghyuk thought his brain was going to become fried from the contact and tried to focus on anything but the soothing touch.
 
"I like you a lot. It probably sounds stupid but it was love at first sight. I find myself looking at you whenever you pass by or trying to be even better at practice when you were sitting at the nearby benches." Sanghyuk's face began to feel uncomfortably warm as the older spoke.
 
"When people bully you," Taekwoon continued, "I want so badly to hit them and protect you. But I was afraid that if I did that, the bullying will become worse."
 
"I-it's o-okay..." Sanghyuk stuttered.
 
The older gave a small smile before moving his hand to hold Sanghyuk's hand. "Can you give me a chance to protect you and be your boyfriend?"
 
At that statement, Sanghyuk did an internal squeal but he willed himself to be rational. Taking a deep breath, he said, "Thank you, sunbae but I don't know you well and neither do you. So, erm, I hope you find a better person. Thank you for looking out for me." Sanghyuk took the chance to quickly escape when the older looked dumbfounded at his answer.
 
Taekwoon stood at the same position for a few minutes before smiling to himself.
 
There is no way I am giving up.
 

 

Update~ I seem to have too many things I want to do, have to do and need to do... Ah well... Did anyone watch Moorim School? I am guilty of skipping to Wang Chiang's part and ignoring his interactions with Seonduk and Shiwoo... Ahaha...

The new OST The King sounds amazing so is Depend on Me... Basically I threw myself into a bottomless pit when it comes to VIXX... OTL

Thanks for reading! Have a nice day/night!