I'm okay (i care for you)— part ii

To The Time Only We Know – A GyuHan One Shot/ Drabble Collection

Final part

Sorry for the long wait and this is rushed. This is not the ending that I wanted. This was so rushed since I know I can't update next time because of my busy schedule. I'm so sorry. This was not proofread 


 

The next day at around six pm in the evening, Mingyu was on his way home from Soonyoung’s house after hours of playing videogames. While walking along the wide streets of his neighborhood he suddenly decided to take a little detour. Halfway to his home is an alleyway on the right side of the street leading to an abandoned park. He found this years ago when he was walking around the neighborhood. The park still has some benches but other than that everything is totally unusable. He sometimes stays at the park when he wants to be alone since no one ever goes there other than him.

Slowly, he walks into the alleyway. When he arrived at the entrance he noticed a figure sitting on the other side, his back facing Mingyu. He was so surprised to see another person in the park but unexpectedly he was not alarmed. He was rather calm. He walks closer to the figure and as he went closer he realized who it is. Yoon Jeonghan.

Yoon Jeonghan was clad in black: black sneakers, black skinny jeans and a black loose sweater. He was sitting with his legs pulled up and his head between his knees. Though confused, Mingyu still went closer to Jeonghan with the latter still not noticing Mingyu. He went in front of Jeonghan and put his hand on the latter’s head, “Hey. Are you okay?”

Jeonghan jolted and looked at the person who talked to him. Realizing who it was, he quickly looked down. “Mi- mingyu. W- what are you d- doing here?”

Mingyu noticed the puffiness of Jeonghan’s eyes and the bruises scattered on his pretty face. “Jeonghan are you okay? Who did this to you?” Mingyu asked with concern lacing his voice.

Surprised by Mingyu’s tone of voice, Jeonghan looked up again and noticed the sincerity in Mingyu’s eyes. “It’s none of your business.”

“Wait, I should bring you to the hospital fir— “

“I’m okay Mingyu! Why do you even care?!”

Mingyu suddenly froze because of what he said. Why do I care? I usually don’t care about what’s happening around me. It must be his jet black hair that looks so silky. Or his pallid skin and pink lips. Or maybe because he looks so vulnerable…

“Earth to Mingyu!” -Jeonghan

“H-huh?!”

“Why do you ing care!” Jeonghan snapped at Mingyu.

“It’s because you’re my classmate, .”

“But no one really cares― “ suddenly Mingyu pulled Jeonghan’s hand and drag the latter out of the park. “Wait, where are you taking me Mingyu!”

“I’m taking you to my house. We should get those wounds cleaned up and so are you.”

Jeonghan stopped walking, “It’s okay Mingyu. I’ll just head… home.”

“My house is just up ahead. Come on.” –Mingyu

Jeonghan figured he can’t do anything about it so he lets Mingyu pull him to their house. The walk was silent. Neither of them spoke with Mingyu still holding Jeonghan’s hand. After a few minutes, they stopped at a big house surrounded by tall walls. Once inside the driveway, Jeonghan lets his eyes roam over the exterior of the house. The walls were painted cream and the roof coffee brown.  On the right side was a mini garden with different kinds of flowers adorning it and a small pathway leading to the back of the house. Mingyu pulled Jeonghan inside the house and the latter was greeted by classic looking furniture. He can also see a stairway on the side leading to the second floor of the house.

Mingyu lets him sit on the sofa while he went somewhere. When he came back he has a first aid kit with him. He put alcohol on a cotton ball and gently dabbed it on Jeonghan’s wounds making the latter hiss in pain. “Mingyu, I can do it myself. I’ve already imposed enough. Your parents might get mad at me.”

Mingyu continued dabbing his wounds, ignoring Jeonghan’s statement. “No, it’s okay. They’re not even home. Now you just sit there and wait till I finish.”

Realizing that he really can’t stop Mingyu, Jeonghan shut his mouth and watched Mingyu working on his wounds. They fell on an awkward silence so Mingyu decided to break it. “Mind telling me how this happened?”

Jeonghan became tense with that question and Mingyu noticed it but didn’t say anything. “Just had a fight. That’s all.”

“So do you live around here?” –Mingyu

Jeonghan nodded gently. “Yeah, we moved here. Around three streets from your place.”

Mingyu simple hummed as a response and continued treating Jeonghan’s wounds. When he was done, Jeonghan quickly got up and bowed to Mingyu. “Thank you for this Mingyu. I should get going now, “he turned around to leave but Mingyu quickly held his wrist. “Let me walk you home, Jeonghan.”

Jeonghan’s eyes widen then he shook his head furiously. “N-no! I mean there’s no need for you to do that! I can walk on my own!”

“I’m gonna walk you home,” Mingyu stated firmly.

Jeonghan sighed upon realizing that he can’t stop Mingyu again. “Alright, let’s go.”

They went out the house and walked quietly on the streets. Unlike earlier, they were in a rather comfortable silence. Neither wanted to say anything, afraid that they might destroy the comfortable feeling.

Upon drawing nearer his house, Jeonghan noticed his father sitting on their porch like he was waiting for him to come home. “It’s okay now Mingyu. You should go home already.”

“But we haven’t even― “

“Just go!” and Jeonghan ran to his house alone.

Mingyu, who was confused of what just happened, stood still and watched Jeonghan running to his house. He saw the latter slowed down upon reaching their gate. He also saw a man around his 40s stood up from the porch when Jeonghan went inside their gate. Mingyu’s too far to hear anything but he’s pretty sure that the man was shouting at Jeonghan. But what surprised him was to see the man pulling Jeonghan’s hair harshly and dragging him inside his house.

So your wounds are from a fight, huh. Mingyu thought.


 

Jeonghan slowed down upon reaching the gate of his house. He took a deep breath and opened the gate. He was greeted by the angry face of his father and he knew he was done.

“Where did you go? Why are you only home now?”

Jeonghan looked down, “I was at the park. I’m sorry.”

“LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU’RE TALKING YOU FILTHY PIECE OF !”

Jeonghan whimpered but nevertheless looked up, “I’m sorry father.”

His stepfather harshly pulled his hair, “Ow! Father, please stop! It hurts!”

“Shut up you brat!” he then dragged Jeonghan inside their house.

Inside, his mother was sitting comfortably on the sofa and only looked up to see the commotion. He rolled his eyes upon realizing it was only Jeonghan. “Do it in your room, honey. That is so unsightly.” His father chuckled darkly with what Jeonghan’s mother said and continued dragging him to their room. He was thrown to the bed but he simply closed his eyes when he thought of what will happen to him.

He wanted to call his mother but she never really cared even when her own son was being by her husband. After all, Jeonghan was just a result of a one night stand his mother had when she was drunk. He was just a trash in this family and nothing more.


 

The next day, Mingyu decided to confront Jeonghan about what he saw yesterday. Last night while lying on his bed, he found himself thinking about the said boy. He pondered and pondered on why was he like this to him. Why was he worrying about Jeonghan. But then suddenly, a thought struck him hard that he sat up panting and he can feels his whole face heat up. No, it can’t be. I can’t possibly like him. But he already knew the answer. He likes Jeonghan and apparently, a lot.

 

When Jeonghan decided to show up at school, it was around lunch time. Mingyu noticed the new bruises splattered on the boy’s pretty skin. He can’t help but get mad. He pulled Jeonghan and dragged him all the way to the garden behind the school building. Fortunately no one is around. He then let go of his hold on Jeonghan.

“Mingyu―”

“Where did that bruises come from?” –Mingyu

“I already told you―”

“Don’t lie to me Jeonghan! Just tell me the truth! WHERE DID THOSE BRUISES COME FROM!”

Jeonghan was looking at the ground then he realized something. “You s-saw? I- I thought I told you to go home.”

Mingyu sighed tiredly and then looked at the fragile boy in front of him. “I was curious, okay. But who was that Jeonghan? Why is he hurting you? Please.. just tell me. I want to help you.”

Jeonghan was startled by the sincerity of Mingyu’s words. He felt his face heating up. He quickly looked away. “Why d-do you even care.”

Mingyu sighed once again. He was getting frustrated with the pretty boy in front of him. “Because I like you! There, I said it! Now, where did those bruises come from?”

Jeonghan’s face flushed prettily in red. “Wh-what are you even saying. How can you say that you like me when you barely know me.”

Mingyu slowly cupped Jeonghan’s gently. It was like he was holding something so fragile― so delicate. “I just like you. I don’t even know why or when it started but I just like you, okay? Now please, please tell where did those bruises come from? I want to help you. Please.” Mingyu said as softly as he can as to not startle the boy.

Jeonghan looked up with his sparkling brown orbs. Somehow, he feels an unusual sense of relief from what Mingyu had said. He felt like he can tell Mingyu everything so he did just that. He told Mingyu everything. He told him how he came to life― from a white night stand that his mother regrets so, so much. How his mother met his stepfather. When he started hurting Jeonghan and when he started… him. He also told him that he can’t report his parents to the police since he has no one else.

Mingyu smiled gently at the Jeonghan. “I’m so happy that you opened up to me, Jeonghan. And know that you won’t be alone anymore. You’ll have me. I’ll help you and I won’t leave you.”

Jeonghan circled his hands around Mingyu’s neck and went near the latter’s ear. “Thank you,” he muttered.

Mingyu was shocked with what Jeonghan did but he quickly relaxed and encircled his hands around Jeonghan’s waist. “It’s nothing. I would gladly do anything for you.” The latter smiled and nuzzled his head between the space of Mingyu’s neck and shoulder.


 

After opening up to Mingyu, the latter convinced Jeonghan to stay at his house. Mingyu already explained the situation to his mom and she gladly let Jeonghan stay over. Mingyu then reported Jeonghan’s parents to the police with the evidence of Jeonghan’s wounds and bruises. They were then put to jail.

Since then, Jeonghan let himself warm up to Mingyu until the day came that he can proudly return Mingyu’s feelings back. Then they became a happy and loving couple (or as happy as they can be). 


I'm sorry this is crap