Lee Taeyong

An Encore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Lee Taeyong

 

    She gasped as soon as she saw him. 

    He couldn’t help it—he smiled at her. It’s been years since he last saw that angelic face. He remembered that moment like it was merely moments ago, the night before he left this manipulative academy…

 

    Taeyong had everything he needed in his backpack. All that’s left was for him to leave the academy once and for all.

    He didn’t even look back once as he left his room of ten years. He never once felt that it was home. Nothing about this place convinced him that it was worth it to stay.

    Maybe just one, he thought. Maybe there was at least one that almost made him stay.

    He quietly walked at the hallway, making no sound at all as he stopped on the door just a few meters away from his. He gently touched the doorknob and wondered if it was locked.

    The door clicked. “Of course it isn’t locked,” He muttered. Who would try to trespass into Seulgi’s room other than him, anyway?

    He entered the room in predator-like silence. The structure is almost identical to his, with the main point being the minimalistic fashion of it all. Both of them never cared enough to decorate their place, not even with trash.

    Taeyong approached her sleeping form on the bed. The window was open, spilling moonlight all over the room. The moon was full—he supposed he wanted his leave to be a bit dramatic.

    “Who is it?” Seulgi hadn’t moved, but her voice echoed through his ear clearly. 

    “It’s me,” He whispered. 

    With slow movements, she sat up and stretched her arms. She was bathed in moonlight; he wished he could have that image of her engraved in his mind forever. “Taeyong-ah? What are you doing awake—“

    She stopped talking when she noticed what he was wearing. “Taeyong-ah?” She sounded genuinely confused. He didn’t want to admit it, but he felt just as confused at that moment.

    “Seulgi-yah…” He dropped his backpack to the floor and approached her. “… Didn’t you say before that you would follow me wherever I go?”

    Seulgi threw the sheets off her and stood up, in her nightgown and all. “What is this about, Taeyong-ah? You’re making me worried.” She frowned. Taeyong had never visited her room in the middle of the night before, as he was always vocal about such things.

    But tonight was different. He gave her an agonising look that he hoped would get his unsaid feelings across. “Kang Seulgi, you…”

    “Are you okay?” Seulgi approached him without fear. It was almost enough to unwind him. Almost.

    He grabbed both her shoulders. “I love you, Kang Seulgi,” Her eyes widened at his sudden confession. “And because I do, I’m going to have to leave you.” He whispered as she realized too late what his next move was.

    “Taeyong-ah, don’t do this.” She pleaded as she tried her best to move. It was no use; Taeyong had successfully taken control over her body.

    “I’ve already made my decision years ago,” he murmured. 

    Taeyong her lips once before sealing it with his. “I know you’ll never forgive me for that,” he chuckled. “But I had to do it at least once before I leave.”

    “Taeyong-ah…” Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. He’s only seen Seulgi cry once; after Onew had informed her that her grandfather, which she had accidentally used her Alice on, had passed away in a hospital because he couldn’t sustain the permanent injuries she had given him.

    This was only the second time. Taeyong was sure, so sure that her heart would be impossibly hardened after this and that she may never trust anyone again in her lifetime—and it was all because of him. “Please,” her voice broke. “Don’t leave.”

    He kissed her once more, unable to resist the temptation of her trembling, pink lips. “Goodbye, Kang Seulgi.”

    A tear finally escaped her eyes before they closed shut, as he rendered her unconscious. 

 

    … But now wasn’t the time for nostalgic memories. He wished he had the Alice to stop time, but he had yet to obtain an Alice stone that yielded that power. He could see Seulgi was completely torn on what to do next, was she going to alert everyone that their most wanted enemy was within the academy grounds? Or will she find a way to talk to with him, to be with him?

    He was about to find out the answer.

    Taeyong was wearing a black cap and civilian clothes, with almost his entire physical appearance altered. Except his eyes. Of course, he kept his eyes as they were. He needed his eyes to still be his if he wanted his Alice to work in its full capacity.

    Those same eyes stared hard into Seulgi’s widened brown eyes, who still didn’t know what to do. Oh, my dear Kang Seulgi, if this was the real mission, I would have been able to get you in under a minute, he sadly thought. Taeyong knew this was how she would react if she finally saw him. There was no way she would be able to think rationally, let alone attack him.    

    Little did she know, however, that he was already using his Alice on her. He had commanded her through his eyes to freeze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter