Chapter 2

12 AM (When No One Is Around)

B-Joo woke up to the sun on his face and strong arms wrapped around his waist, his boyfriend's chest against his back, not to mention the loud knocking on the door. B-Joo didn't bother to get out of bed to answer the door. He simply rolled over and pressed his face into Jay's tattooed chest and whined lightly. Jay proceeded to hold B-Joo tighter, and pressed a kiss to the top of his head.

“C'mon guys! Really? I know you're in there!” Loco whined desperately from outside of their apartment.

“I'll get it,” Jay muttered as he let go of B-Joo and got out of bed to go answer the door, still in nothing but a pair of boxer briefs. B-Joo wrapped the soft blankets back around himself, not caring about what was going on in the living room. The night prior had been exhausting and he just wanted to go back to sleep.

“Where the is B-Joo?” Loco yelled as Jay shut the door behind him. He sounded furious, and for once, not even Jay was sure why.

“He probably went back to sleep... why?” Jay murmured, he was still trying to rub sleep from his eyes. He wasn't expecting to have to wake up around noon, but there he was, up about three hours earlier than he normally was on Saturdays.

“Go get him now,” Loco commanded as he sat down on the couch, grabbing the remote and angrily flipping through channels.

“Since when do you get to tell me what to do?” Jay muttered under his breath as if he were a teenager not getting his way. He made his way to his and B-Joo's shared room. He leaned down, one hand on B-Joo's waist and the other on the bed for support. Jay placed light kisses on B-Joo's neck, trying to wake him up in a way that wouldn't be annoying or loud. B-Joo may have been extremely sweet and adorable, but sometimes it felt like people totally forgot the fact that he murders people for a living. That in mind, Jay moved up to the boy's ear and whispered softly, “Baby, get up, Loco wants to talk to you, he sounds angry.”

B-Joo whimpered at Jay's words but got up anyway, already in a pair of Jay's sweats and a t-shirt. He walked out of the bedroom, stumbling a bit as he made his way into the living room. When he walked in, Loco had the TV on the local news station. They were explaining a murder and B-Joo was having a hard time processing why Loco was showing him this; until he realized they were talking about the man he had killed the night before.

He heard a whistle from behind him as Jay walked in, now in a pair of sweats, “Wow, you did that? Good job, Babydoll.” Jay complimented with a smug smirk on his face, almost as if it was his own work. He wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist from behind and rested his chin on his shoulder.

“It's not good at all! He left the body there, he's going to be caught!” Loco yelled, probably having a mini panic attack internally, but he'd never admit that. Jay and B-Joo stayed silent; Jay was trying to give B-Joo time to into the conversation but B-Joo was watching the news program intently, waiting for the magic eleven words that would rid of a lot of the pain from his past.

“The man who had the hotel room rented out last night, Shin Jiho, has been taken into police custody with no trial after police found a bloody knife in one of his suitcases...” The newscaster announced. B-Joo felt an enormous amount of pressure and pain being lifted from his shoulders at the words, a shock of happiness being sent through his whole body. Apparently, though, his poker face was pretty on point, judging by the looks on the faces of Jay and Loco

“Who the hell is Shin Jiho?” Jay asked, breaking the silence, still not totally believing what he heard.

“An ex-boyfriend of mine.” B-Joo replied, a nonchalant tone in his voice.

“How the hell did you manage to frame him?” Loco questioned, his temper going down, he wanted to know the situation in full detail

“Easy, I put the hotel room under his name, stuffed all of his clothes I still had from when we were dating and a switch blade into a suitcase, put said suitcase in the back of the closet, and made it look like I was never there.”

“That's not easy at all!” Loco exclaimed, his anger returning just as fast as it had left.

“Maybe not to your dumb ,”

Jay snickered at B-Joo and Loco's little argument, it was always amusing when they fought because they're both just a little bit to soft and squishy looking to actually be intimidating. Maybe that's why B-Joo's so good at what he does Jay thought to himself, finally deciding to end the argument a few minutes later, “Byungjoo-ah, it's not his fault you're a genius.”

Loco finally stood up to leave, not wanting to be embarrassed any further, “Well, I'm going to leave you two alone, I'm sure I'm not the one freaking out over your little stunt.” Loco stressed as he left the small apartment, rubbing his face with his hands.

Jay tugged B-Joo over to the couch as soon as Loco had left. B-Joo plopped himself down on Jay's lap and curled up against his chest, obviously still worn out from how late he had to stay up the night before. “I bet he's the only one stressed out,” B-Joo mumbled into the crook of Jay's neck, a slight slur in his voice from the lack of sleep.

“Yeah, he tends to stress over nothing,” Jay said, running his fingers through B-Joo's soft hair.

They sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying each other's presence. Jay had been thinking about B-Joo, how in reality, he really didn't know much about B-Joo's past other than the fact that he was adopted when he was five, then he was kicked out of his home by his adoptive parents when he was seventeen, after he had come out to them as gay. That's how Jay met B-Joo. He found him nearly freezing to death on the streets of Seoul in the middle of winter; nothing but a sweater, skinny jeans, and a pair of Converse protecting his small, fragile body from the harsh, cold weather. So, Jay took the poor boy in and gave him a home and a job, and that's where they are now, and honestly, that's all Jay knew. This all took place six years ago, and Jay never expected then that once B-Joo finally hit legal age they would end up together, as more than just the kid who had no where to go and the guy who took pity on him. Through all of this, Jay had never heard of Jiho before, but he must have hurt B-Joo pretty badly to make the boy want to frame him for murder.

“So, who is Jiho?” Jay asked, feeling B-Joo tense up in his arms and immediately worrying that he had asked something he wasn't supposed to, “I mean, you don't have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable I was just-”

“He's just an ex-boyfriend... he beat me and me a lot towards the end of our relationship, so this is my payback.” B-Joo said, looking up at Jay, eyes glossy but not full of tears. He didn't look like he was upset or mad, he just looked like he was seeking comfort and love.

Jay felt like he was looking into B-Joo's eyes for the first time in their six years of knowing each other. No circle-lenses, no covered up emotions. His eyes were full of adoration and love, but they were also full of sadness, loneliness, and loss. Jay felt his own eyes starting to well up with tears the longer he stared at the boy, so he pulled him back into his chest and rested his cheek on top of B-Joo's head as he let the tears flow freely.

“Hyung... are you okay?” B-Joo asked, his voice small and sincere.

Jay didn't reply, he simply held onto B-Joo tighter, as if if he let got the boy would break into a million pieces and drift away. So they sat in silence for a while, just enjoying the other's warmth.

 

 

AOMG didn't look like how people might think. The base wasn't underground with dim lights, concrete walls, and dark furniture. It was basically the opposite. The base was very modern looking and above ground. The base was a two story house, with white walls and light wooden floors, filled with natural light and bright colored furniture. For a lot of members, this wasn't just the base, this was their home, so when decorating, they didn't want it to look like what it was, a “gang” base.

Loco walked up to the house, ready to have to explain what happened. As he walked in, everyone was acting how they normally did. Bobby was wrapped around Jinhwan like a clingy puppy, Zelo and Sungjong were playing video games, CL and Le were sitting in the dining room going over computer related business and “separating themselves from the annoying boys”, and Zico, Rap Monster, Mino, and Kidoh were standing around in the kitchen, having a casual conversation.

When Loco walked in, the group in the kitchen started to wander into the living room, to add him to their conversation. Loco plopped down on the couch in between Jinhwan and Sungjong. The small group that was in the kitchen started trying to find places to sit in the small living room. Rap Monster and Mino took the two beanbags while Zico and Kidoh were left to sit on the floor in front of the couch.

They sat in silence, watching Zelo and Sungjong's “intense” match on Mortal Combat for a while, before Loco decided that he would finally try to speak up about the B-Joo situation. Right as he opened is mouth to begin -talking, Jinhwan jumped in, obviously expecting the worst to come out of Loco's mouth. “Yes, we saw the news, and no we're not stressed out. Don't even bother trying to tell us how terrible and risky what B-Joo did was.”

“But he didn't dispose of the body,” Loco replied dramatically, as if it were the most terrible thing in the world. He expected at least one of them to be stressed out, even if it was just a little. After all, when it came to common sense, they weren't exactly the smartest bunch.

“You know, B-Joo Hyung is a lot smarter than you make him out to be.” Sungjong cut in, his voice small and timid, as if he was afraid to jump in even though he knew he was right.

Loco opened his mouth, as if he was going to say something again, but this time it was Zico that cut in, “You really need to trust him more, especially in situations like this.”

“Yeah, he would never be careless about something like that, especially considering that if he were to get caught, it wouldn't be all of us at risk, it would just be himself.” Zelo added, his eyes never leaving the video game.

Loco sat among the the other members in silence again, brooding because he had been proven wrong yet again. No matter how upset about the situation he was, though, he couldn't deny that everyone else was right.

 

 

The others didn't start getting there for about thirty more minutes. The first few to arrive were Suga, Jungkook, and L, who immediately made his way to cuddle Sungjong to death as Suga and Jungkook entered, arguing over the younger's new-found cursing problem. The next two to arrive were Jian and Taeho. Taeho was walking in front of his taller companion, making it obvious that he was adding a bit more sway to his hips than he normally did. No one understood what he was doing until they looked behind him at Jian. The poor kid was practically drooling, not even attempting to hide that fact that he was staring directly at Taeho's . As Jian walked through the door, the room burst into a mix of fits of giggles and laughter as he tripped on the doorstep, falling face-first into the wood floor.

“That's what you get for being such a ert,” Taeho said proudly, his voice laced with aegyo as he went to sit on the lap of the first person he saw, who just so happened to be Rap Monster. Taeho nuzzled his face into the crook of the younger's neck, practically purring as RapMon ran his hands up and down his sides. He knew exactly what Taeho was trying to do as he looked at Jian from across the room, sending jealous glares in their direction as he sat in between Suga and Jungkook. Namjoon simply pulled Taeho closer to himself, playing along with his little game.

The last two to get there were B-Joo and Jay, as always. They always had some kind of excuse as to why they were late. They would never just outright state the truth, which was normally that they were ing or being lovey all morning and lost track of time. It was always 'B-Joo took too long getting ready' or 'Jay almost burned the apartment down with his ty- cooking'. On rare occasions they would hint at what was really going on, but they were never just straight-forward with their reasoning. Either way, everyone always was able to guess why they were late every morning.

“We're here!” B-Joo exclaimed happily as he bounded into the house, “We brought food,” B-Joo said, his eyes basically sparkling as he set the bags of food on the coffee table so that everyone could take what was theirs. Jay was trailing behind his hyperactive boyfriend, a small smile on his face as he watched the one he loved conversing happily with the rest of their friends. It almost felt as if just his presence alone lit up the whole room, and in that moment, Jay felt like the luckiest man on the planet.