No Other than You

Love or Pain

When my greedy heart gradually looks to other directions, when my greeds grow more than my mind can handle…

To understand, to tell me clearly after all those excuses “I’m here”, only that one thing…

I’m always thankful. Will I ever act that well just like you…

 

            A drop of sweat fell to the ground. The sound of beating music echoes through the room. In the center, a figure with blonde short hair is moving its body along with the music, dancing. The door suddenly opens, making it stops just to look at whose coming.

 

            “I know you’d be here, Amber.” A brunette guy enters the room. He’s rather fashionable

 

            “What do you need, Key? The figure or Amber stops the music and grabs a bottle of water and drink it, refreshing herself

           

            “Wanna come to the blind date later?”

 

            Amber spits out the water she just drink and cough. Her eyes widened in an unbelievable invitation that comes from her best friend, Key. Of course, if it is a blind date, then there’ll be girls and in this case, Amber is a “girl”. Even though that doesn’t really shows if you see her looks. She’s just so tomboy. No one would guess that she’s a girl.

           

            And as you expected, besides that, she also have been asked out by a girl once on her Junior high School days. Even now, she’s still popular among the girls rather than around the guys. And key, well, he’s just one of her friends in their gang that they call it SHINee. There’s Minho, Taemin, Onew, Key and Jonghyun. Amber is the only girl there. But when they walk together, they’re like a gang of guys.

 

            “Are you crazy?! There’ll be only girls there!” Amber yells

 

            “Well, Jonghyun-hyung can’t come so we need a replacement. Please Amber~” Key kneeled

 

            “Why should I?”

 

            “Because if you don’t, there’ll be one girl that won’t have a partner and she’ll be lonely. You won’t want that right?”

 

            “Ugh….okay okay, I’ll come. Where and when?” Amber inhales and gives up

 

            “Here. 3 P.M later, don’t be late.” Key gives a piece of note showing the place to the meeting point. “Gotta be going now, see you later Amber.” Key leaves just like that.

 

            Amber inhales again. She reads the note that Key gives and remembering it in her head. She looks at the watch. It’s already 1 P.M. and she’s sweating a lot. She then decides to get a shower and some short rest so that she’ll be in good shape later.

 

We came on the same road…

we are just like each other…

how surprising, how thankful…

 it’s just love

 

            ~2.30 P.M~

 

            Amber wakes up and get ready. She picks her things. She uses a black jean, black shirt and a jeans vest and also a black cap. She grabs her phone and lock her apartment room. Yes, she lives alone in a rather luxurious apartment since her parents are in America and she’s come to Korea for college. Leaving, she goes straight to the meeting point. There, Key and the other boys had already gather.

 

            “AMBER!! You come!” Key bear hugs Amber

 

            “G-get off of me Key! You’ll kill me.” Amber struggle to release herself

 

            “Oops, Sorry. Well, let’s get going. We won’t want to make the ladies waiting right?” Key command

 

            They all nodded and goes to a café located not far from their meeting point. It was a very modern café and they really do keep their guest’s privacy well by putting some wooden walls between each table which makes people can talk privately well.

 

            The five sit somewhere near the little garden in the middle of the café which is very covered well and chatted while waiting for the girls to come. Somehow, Amber become quite silence. She really doesn’t like this kind of thing and she’s also still “normal”. She just felt guilty if there’s one of the girl that’ll feel left out and besides, it’s her best friend request. How can she deny it? She’s just too kind.

 

            A while later then, come 5 girls. Each of them is very pretty. They then take a sit after handshaking all of the boys and Amber. Amber’s eyes is focused on a girl with a long black hair and very charming eyes. Somehow she really captivated her.

 

            “So…maybe we’ll just introduce ourselves. I’m Victoria, this cute girl here is Sulli, and then that’s Luna. That two over there are sisters. The blonde one is Jessica, the older one and the other is Krystal, the younger one.” The girl with the Oriental look that named victoria Says

 

            “well, I’m Key as you know, Here’s Taemin, Minho, Onew and….Amber.” Key says

 

            “Amber? A girl?” Sulli says

 

            “Yes I am.” Amber answers coldly

 

            “Well, Jonghyun-hyung can’t come so I invited her. I mean, it won’t be good right of one of you is left out?”

 

            “you’re so Nice, Key.” Sulli says

 

            Key seems to blush when Sulli says that. On the other side, The sisters seem to not enjoying this meeting. They stay silence and both of them seems to put on a wall.

 

            “Well, Let’s not waste time. Why don’t we go somewhere now?” Luna says

 

            “Wait, let’s pick up our partner then first.” Onew stops Luna

 

            “Well, I can’t trust my little sister to some guys I don’t know so I think Krystal here should just go with Amber.” Jessica demand

 

            Victoria inhales and gives up. There’s no use on arguing with Jessica since She’s known as the Ice princess which has an ‘absolute’ orders. Upon that, Amber too just accepts it. Besides, she also want to know more about the girl she has put an eye on since the first time they met. Not long, the pairings are decided, Luna with Minho, Jessica and Onew, Sulli and Key, Luna and Taemin, amd lastly, Krystal and Amber. They then go to somewhere else, separating.

 

            “So….where do you want to go?” Amber asked

 

            “Umm….anywhere is fine.” Krystal says not interested

 

            “I’m sorry…”

 

            “excuse me?”

 

            “umm… well, you’re supposed to go out with the guys and now you’re stuck with me…a girl.” Amber scratches her head

 

            “Oh, no, It’s fine. I’m…not fond of Blind date. Besides, I only come here because of my sister. Well, thanks god I don’t have to be with a boy.” Krystal smiles sweetly

 

            Amber felt her blood rushes to her face. Her face has reddened. Krystal’s smile just gives her a burn. So strange she thought to herself.

 

            “Amber, right? Come on, let’s just go to the theme park. But, your treat okay?” Krystal says cheerfully

 

            “Fine, better than nothing.”

 

            The two then start heading to the theme park. It wasn’t very crowded since it’s still Thursday and it’s still working hour. There’s only a few people there and it’s really ideal for a couple to do a date. Well in Amber’s case, it’s only for killing time. But not for the ticket vendor.

 

            “Two please.” Amber says

 

            The Ticket vendor stare at the two. She then gives the ticket and says, “Have a nice date.” While smiling

 

            The two look down embarrassed and enter the theme park. They stay silent after what the ticket vendor says before.

 

            Amber cough, breaking the silence and asks, “What should we ride first?”

 

            Krystal snaps out and examines the attractions one by one. She then seems to find one that attracts her attention. She pointed out on a really high tower, “That! Let’s ride that!” she said excitedly. Amber turns into blue seeing the “drop tower” sign on it.

 

            “Y-you’re sure?” Amber asks again

 

            “Of course! Come on!” Krystal pulls Amber’s arm

 

            The two queue for a few minutes. Amber is sweating a lot and her face turns pale. She actually very afraid of extreme ride like this but she doesn’t want to disappoints Krystal so she just keep cool. The time they’re on the ride, Amber’s hand is sweating and cold. Krystal notices this and asks her.

 

            “You okay?” Krystal worries

 

            “Oh what? I-I’m fine ha ha…”

 

            “Okay, we’ll start now okay?” the operator says

 

            They then were pulled up very fast and then fall and happen like that again for 4 times. By the time they get down, Amber’s feet are all wobbly. She tries hard to keep cool and hides it to Krystal. Again, after that, Krystal chooses all of the extreme ride and after the third ride, Amber couldn’t keep it anymore and throws up.

 

            “You should’ve told me you can’t ride something extreme like that.” Krystal says giving amber a bottle of water

 

            “Sorry…I just don’t want to disappoint you.” Amber receives the water and drinks it

 

            “You’re so nice Amber.” Krystal smiles

 

            “Thanks…I feel better now. Let’s ride something again.” Amber holds Krystal’s hand

 

            Krystal blush hard. Her face’s red. Amber notices this and let go of Krystal’s hand, “I-I’m sorry…I just…” She goes red too.

 

            “N-no, it’s okay.”

 

            The two then rides more attraction but not as extreme as before. They only ride something that’s light like Merry go round, 4D theatre, etc. The two forgot time and it’s already dark.

           

            “Oh…it’s already dark.” Amber says looking at the sky

 

            “Let’s ride one more ride.” Krystal pulls Amber’s arm

 

            The two goes on the Ferris wheel. There’s no people that rides it other than them. This really makes up the mood between them. They enjoy the view of Seoul city from up there. The winds also feel nice. Suddenly, the machine stops and it was dark. The operator man shouts from bellow, “there’s a blackout, we’ll try to fix it as soon as possible.”

 

            “Oh no…” Krystal goes pale

 

            “Don’t worry, they’ll fix it.” Amber tries to calm Krystal

 

            “I’m scared…” Krystal suddenly hugs Amber

 

            “Don’t worry…I’ll be by your side.” Amber says hugging Krystal back

 

            She’s so warm…, Amber thought. She caresses Krystal’s head to make her feel comfort. Krystal too felt very safe in Amber’s arm. The two’s heartbeat become fast. Wait…Am I….falling for her?, The two thought. They then look into each other. Their eyes met. The two is attracted to one another. They draw closer each other. Closer…and closer…Until…Their lips crash to each other. After a few seconds, they pull out from each other blushing.

 

            “K-Krystal…I…I’m…”

 

            “I like you Amber.” Krystal cuts off

 

            “What?” Amber ask in disbelief

 

            “I mean…I love you. I know it’s strange but-“

 

            “No! I-I love you too… I know we just met but…somehow you and I fit perfectly for each other.”

 

            Krystal smiles widely and snuggles in Amber’s arm again. They don’t feel the fear anymore because they have each other’s company.

 

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that…

Where else to look for? A person good like you, a person good like you, a heart good like you, a gift good like you…

There’s no one like you…