Barbecues

My Dreamlike Reality

   Hyuk happily skipped down the hallway, the harsh stares shot at his figure from people passing by having no effect on his excited state as he rushed towards his final class of the day. What had him so excited you ask? Well, he was having his yearly barbecue party that night, and had been allowed to invite some friends. Of course, the usual people like Ken and Hakyeon were coming, but Hyuk had made it a mission to also ask Taekwoon and Hongbin, and thankfully the both of them agreed to come without a moment of hesitation.

   Making his way to his desk, Hyuk plopped happily into his seat, bumping into the redhead next to him who was sitting in Ravi's usual seat. Wait, redhead?! As Hyuk was pulling his binder out, he stopped, turning to the male who sat next to him, bright unrecognizable hair shining in the light. Who the hell was that? Cautiously, Hyuk reached a hand out, tapping the figure on the shoulder to get his attention, the face staring back at him surprising him.

   "Wha....Ravi hyung? You dyed your hair red?!" Hyuk gasped out in shock. The beautiful rose tone in his friends hair was so eye catching thay he became lost in the colour.

   "Yah, Hyuk don't you remember? I texted you a week ago what colour to dye it because I wanted a change, you know? You told me red, so that's what I did" Ravi replied, his cheeks changing colour to match his flashy hair. It was only then that Hyuk realizes how caught up in his party plans he had been, that he didn't even pay attention to his own friend. Awkwardly chewing the inside of his cheek, Hyuk tried to change the subject.

   "Oh, well it looks really nice hyung, uhm...are you coming tonight?" He asked nervously playing with the ring of the binder he had pulled out. Looking up, he saw the look of confusion written on Ravi face as he processed the question asked of him.

   "Uhm...hyuk, what party? I wasn't invited to any party..." Ravi trailed off, voice expressing hurt at the younger's foolish question. Hyuk's eyed widened in realization that he must not have asked Ravi, making him look like an at the moment.

   "Uh...I'm so sorry hyung, I must have gotten caught up i-"

   "In inviting Hongbin and Taekwoon Hyung, right?" Ravi responded, looking away with a bored tone in his voice. He busied himself with pulling out his own notebook and binder, not paying any attention to the younger, and for some reason Hyuk felt hurt at his friend's actions.

   "Look Hyung, Sure I may have forgotten to invite you, but I'm asking you now to come, alright? Just...please come tonight...I'm really sorry" Hyuk begged, he felt so awful about forgetting him, and he knew how boring the party would get without Ravi there. A long moment of silence passed between the two boys as Ravi thought about his answer. Suddenly, Ravi turned to hyuk, startling him with the sudden movement, catching the younger's attention. As Hyuk's eyes focused on his friends face, he felt his cheeks flare at the adorable smile adorning Ravi's features.

   "Sure Hyuk, I'm coming" He said, smile growing bigger, causing the blush to spread further across Hyuk's cheeks. He opened his mouth to reply, when all the sudden their teacher walked in, beginning the class quickly.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

   Hyuk ran his comb through his hair, Grimacing as he tried his best to get that final piece of hair into place, he eventually gave up, Huffing in annoyance as he surveyed the rest of his face. Seeing a tiny bit of acne on his forhead, he took his secret supply of makup, and gently rubbed some onto the tiny pimples, covering them up effectively. Finally finished getting ready for his party, Hyuk gently ran a hand through his bleach blonde hair again, and smiled to himself and exited his bathroom.

   A sudden ring from his front door caused him to sprint down the stairs, almost tripped over his feet as he made his way frantically to the door. Panting a bit, he called to his parents thay he would answer the door before flinging it open, a huge smile plastered on his face. To his dissapointment, the people standing outside his door were his parents friends, invited to hang out with them, nevertheless he smiled politely and took their jackets, ushering them into his house. Closing the door, he set the jacket down and went to sit in the den until his friends came.

   Hyuk the tv, watching some sort of SpongeBob episode as he mindless poked at his phone, opening apps and closing them in a bored manner. Then again, his doorbell rang and he shot up, throwing it wide with his smile across his face again. There, standing on the doorstep of his house, we're Ken and Hakyeon, seemingly bickering about something as they each held a cookie in their hands, shaking them at each other.

   "Yah, Hakyeon, I make the better cookies!! They are so delicious, unlike your gross lumps!" Ken growled, pointing to the dense looking lump of cookie dough in Hakyeon's palm. "Hyung, you didn't even cook it properly!!" He wailed. Only then did the two notice Hyuk standing at the door, giggling at their funny behaviour.

   "Yah, Hyukkie, there is absolutely no way that Ken can make better cookies that me, your mother!" Hakyeon exclaimed. Before Hyuk could even try and speak, a squishy, uncooked lump of cookie was shoved down his throat. Struggling to choke down the dough, it was only then that the taste his Hyuk's senses. 

   "Yah!! Hakyeon hyung!" He choked out. "It's so....salty!" He called out. As he regained his breath, he saw Ken staring at him, an evil glint in his eyes as he appreached with his cookie held like a rock in his hand. "No...no one hyung!! No you win you wi-" Hyuk choked again as Ken shoved his own homemade cookie down his throat. Sure Hakyeon's cookie was bad, but Ken's was on a whole other level, being way too crunchy and sweet for his liking.

    "Bleh, you two can't bake at all!" He complained. Scrubbing at his tounge to rid it of the horrid tastes, Hyuk didn't notice the third and fourth figures appearing behind  his two friends, at least, not until a perfectly baked, just sweet enough chocolate chip cookie was gently placed in his mouth. Munching down on it, Hyuk was completely entranced by the delicious aroma and taste. Opening his eyes as he let out a moan in ecstacy, he gasped in slight surprise at the familiar face staring back at him, a slight smile accompanied by his trademark dimples staring back at him.

   "Mmmmm, hyung you win. Ken and Hakyeon hyung, you two totally lose, this cookie is gold!" Hyuk said, grabbing another before hearing his mother yell to stop fooling around and let everyone in. As he opened the door wider for everyone to enter, he remembered that Ravi was coming as well, and looked around for him, but besides the four who stood with him, Ravi was nowhere to be found. Shrugging his shoulders, Hyuk figured Ravi would come late like usual, and turned, closing the door behind his friends as they progressed further in his  house. Unbeknownst to the group, a certain redhead stood just at the end of Hyuk's driveway, a plate of cookies smashed beneath his feet as he angrily turned away.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Author's note:

   Hello my readers, here is another chapter for you! Sorry if it's a bit awkward, but Ravi is Hella jealous and stuff, so yeah...thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!!