Growing Apart

My Dreamlike Reality

   Warning: slight cursing. Please enjoy!!!

    Hyuk sluggishly marched into school, the light outside barely illuminating the spotted tile below his feet. Groaning as he was still half awake, Hyuk lifted his cup of coffee to his lips, only to find it was empty. Growing in annoyance, he chucked it into the nearby garbage and stomped away. Checking his watch, Hyuk felt very annoyed he had to come to school early for some sort of meeting with school council or whatever, and it would start soon.

   As he made his way down the halls to pass time, Hyuk was thinking about something, or rather, someone, two someone's at that. First one on his mind was of course, Hongbin. The new boy had somehow wormed his way into Hyuk's brain, every time he saw something, it would somehow relate back to the dimpled boy and make Hyuk blush or smile a bit as he daydreamed. 

   Hyuk didn't get it, how was the boy so perfect? Sure, Hyuk had known how he swung for a few years now, but found it strange how he had begun to like Hongbin, he just seemed...so not his type. Hongbin was literally an angel, sweet, kind and beautiful, basically a walking magnet, while Hyuk on the other hand was antisocial and tried to avoid people at all times. He also didn't think he himself was good-looking in the slightest, which made him feel even more in awe at how he could have fallen for such a boy, someone who could have anyone they wanted in the school.

   The other person on Hyuk's mind had royally pissed him off the night before, kicking him off of skype and all. He just didn't understand, why would Ravi be such a jerked like that? Usually, N would kick him, or Ken, but Ravi would always add him back. Hyuk had also begun to notice the little things Ravi did for him, holding doors slightly longer than necessary, staring at him when he thought he wasn't looking. Hyuk even caught Ravi staring at his once, but he still wasn't sure. 

   Two years ago, Hyuk might have been all over Ravi the second he noticed these things, but in the last few years, he had found Ravi staring at girls as well. He would watch with slight drool if an even slightly pretty girl walked past, and Hyuk didn't even want to think about the hungry stares he would shoot after the scantily dressed girls, who walked around in skin-tight pants, and tube tops that were totally not school appropriate.

   It was in these two years that Hyuk realized that Ravi might just be nice to him because he was his friend, not because of any other sort of feelings, so Hyuk had buried those emotions, trying his best to forget the pain, and to smile and joke every time Ravi was caught in his trances. He credited himself to being the best wingman Ravi ever had, pushing him forwards to any nice looking girl that had caught Ravi's eyes. Hyuk had even made the sacrifice of telling Ravi what to do to catch the girl's attention, leading to Ravi dating a few for very short periods of time.

   As Hyuk was remembering the years He and Ravi had begun to split, he realized that he needed to get to the conference room, so be began to swiftly walk, nearing the doorway and entering, plopping down in his designated seat as treasurer. A few minutes later, and N walked in, followed by Ken who was the Vice President of their school. N was the president, and sure Hyuk didn't always agree with him, but damn, that male knew what he was doing. To Hyuk's surprise, two other figures came in as well, and he looked up to see Hongbin standing before him, slight surprise on his face, a blush present as well.

   "..hey Hyuk, what...what are you doing here?" He mumbled, eyes dropping as he refused to meet the younger's eyes. Hyuk felt his heart melt a bit at the adorable action, and felt compelled to hug the older, but held himself back for fear of embarassment himself.

   "Oh, hey hyung. I'm the class treasurer, you know? Gotta take care of the moneys" Hyuk said, mentally face paling himself. Did he seriously just say MONEYS?! Hongbin just awkwardly laughed, eventually turning into a full blown, booming laugh as he held his stomach. At first, Hyuk felt a bit offended, but brushed it away as he looked at Hongbin's flushed cheeks, a soft red spreading across the delicate pale skin. Hyuk opened his mouth, gesturing to the seat next to him, when suddenly, someone stormed over, plopping down into the availible seat, seperating him from Hongbin.

   "Yah, Ravi Hyung, that's rude" Hyuk said, surprised his friend had popped up so suddenly. How the hell had he gotten there?! To his surprise, Ravi just turned to him with a sugar sweet smile before opening his mouth to speak.

   "But Hyoggie, I thought we always sat together in meetings!" He whined. Hyuk's blood turned cold as he heard the nickname used by his friend, and felt his cheeks redden in embarassment. 

   "Yah, Hyung I'm serious, this seat was for H-" 

   "Enough children, Ravi get out of the damn seat!" Hakyeon suddenly cried out, trying to get the meeting started.

   "N hyung, it's alright I can leav-"Hongbin started.

   "No Binnie," Hakyeon said with a huge smile. "Yah! Ravi, haul , and come sit here. You are in a time out!" Grumbling, Ravi shot a glare at the oldest male, and got up, almost knocking the chair over in his anger. Looking back at Hyuk, he opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it, quickly sealing his lips as he turned from the boy and marched to where Hakyeon sat.

   "You know, Ravi hyung could have sat here" Hongbin murmered, plopping uncertainly into the seat Ravi had been previously taking. Hyuk just shook his head in annoyance and slight confusion.

   "No, it's fine. Whenever Hyung wants something, he gets it or all hell breaks loose"

   "Alright children, let the meeting commence!" Hakyeon cried out after lecturing Ravi on something that Hyuk didn't care to listen to. The male next to him was causing his heart to thump loudly, and he could barely focus. He was so focused on keeping his cheeks from turning even redder, that he didn't notice the dagger - like glares that stabbed into Hongbin's body that came from Ravi's stare, burning a hole into the male's shirt.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Author's note:

Hello my readers, look an update! Anyway, sorry if it's going to be a slow build because...well it was a slow build in real life. Thanks for reading, and I hope this chapter was enjoyable!!