Final

Can we get that cat?

Can we get the cat?

It had been a long day for Jimin, he felt his body ache and he felt extremely deflated. He drove slowly back to his home but decided to speed up eventually because he wanted to see his son. His son was now 6, he had the most chubby cheeks and the cutest little pout a small boy could have.

Remembering that he had to pick up dinner for his son and housemate/best friend, he headed to the Chinese food shop nearby his home. The air inside the store was filled with the delicious aroma of black bean noodles, it made him drool. He greeted the cashier and ordered the food. Patiently he waited for their dinner, he then payed and left.

Hurrying up the stairs from the driveway, Jimin accidentally spilled some of the sauce for their sweet and sour pork. He frowned at the sight of it. He then fumbled in his back pack for his keys and opened the door.

Immediately he was greeted by the sound of his child's piercing scream and his roomate's loud shouts. Dropping the bags he was carrying, his son jumped into his arms for a hug.

With a peck on his son's chubby cheek he asked,"How are you today JiHoonie?"

"Mommy~~today Jeonghanie hyung played hide and seek with me and Chang Kyun drew a very pretty flower for me. He said he gave it to me because I look pretty like the flower." The little boy said all in one go.

Jimin gave a deep chuckle and eyed his roomate to take the things into the kitchen before saying,"Well mommy agrees with Chang Kyun, because JiHoonie your the most beautiful flower there is." He then carried the boy into the kitchen and settled him down for dinner. The small boy beamed at his mother's comment and smiled gleefully.

"Yah! Park Jimin! Why's the sauce spilled everywhere?" His hyung kind of shouted as he opened the plastic bag containing the food.

Jimin groaned and said, "Hyung it was an accident, and not that much spilled. There's still alot of it in the container."

"Uncle Hobi can I wash my hands please?" The little boy managed to jump off his seat and asked for help.

"Sure thing kiddo, lemme just set out the plates first yea?" Hoseok chimed.

"It's ok hyung, I'll set it out." Jimin interjected then went to retrieve the cutlery.

Soap bubbles formed as the boy's rubbed together, he knew that washing his hands before dinner was important. If not, he will end up sick like the last time, and from his vague memory the last time he got sick his mommy cried so much. He didn't want to make his mommy cry so he always washed his hands before a meal.

"Come sit the down the both of you, let's start dinner." Jimin chimed.

"Mommy, can I have the sour pork please?" JiHoon asked his mother as he stuffed some black bean noodles into his mouth given by his uncle.

Jimin agreed happily and picked up some pork with his chop sticks. The little boy nommed furiously on the savoury fried pork fritters covered with sweet and sour sauce. Jimin and Hoseok chatted about work and the small boy continued to indulge in the food.

"Oh speaking of holidays hyung, tomorrow I'm free! My schedule for tomorrow is empty! I was thinking, why not we bring JiHoon to the zoo?" Jimin exclaimed.

"Nooooo" Hoseok screached.

"Yessss" JiHoon chimed excitedly.

"Why not?" JiHoon whined at his uncle.

"JiHoon you remember that time you touched a dog and I sneezed... like alot?" Hoseok reminded the young boy.

"But that's a dog! Uncle Hobi you won't sneeze if we go and look at monkeys right?" JiHoon asked as he took turns looking at the adults.

Hoseok glared at Jimin, making a face signalling the younger to convice the boy that they shouldn't go to the zoo because of his allergies. Jimin got the hint and tried to persuade the boy by bribing him with a trip to the chocolate shop instead. JiHoon was stubborn, the little boy has already set his mind on going to visit the monkeys in the zoo.

"Ok, JiHoon how 'bout this, we go to the pet shop instead? Because we don't want uncle Hobi to get sick right?" Jimin turned to his son and asked.

Hearing the word sick and uncle Hobi in a sentence immediately snapped the young child back to reality. He was a good boy and good boy's don't get their uncles sick. Without hesitation he nodded vigorously to Hoseok's amazement.

"I'm gonna bring a gas mask then." Hoseok stated causing both Jimin and JiHoon to giggle.

-------------------------------------------------------

Cuddling his duvet closer to his chest, Jimin felt contented that he could sleep in today. As he was about to fall back into deep slumber, he felt something jump on him. He groaned and immediately knew it was his son. Ignoring the boy who was on top of him, he tried once again to go back to dreamland. That thought was immediately shattered when the little boy's chubby hands went up to his ears and started to pinch then twist. Jimin sat up groaning and grabbed the child who was in his pajamas.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Wake up! Let's go to the pet shop now!" JiHoon exclaimed excitedly as he jumped up and down on his mother.

Jimin groaned and pushed his son off him. "We'll go later JiHoonie... five more minutes ok?"

"Noooooooooooooo!" JiHoon cried, hurting Jimin's ears.

Jimin ignored his son and continued to sleep. Feeling defeated the little boy ran out of his mother's room and barged into his uncle's room.

"Uncle Hobi! Wake up!" JiHoon screamed yet again as climbed on the other adult.

Waking up in shock Hoseok gave out a weird sound. He stared at the boy for a few seconds and decided to plop back asleep.

"Nooooo! Wake up uncle Hoseok! You promised me that you will bring me to the pet shop!" JiHoon said as he rolled around on his uncle's bed.

"Shhhhh.... we'll bring you there later Hoon." Hoseok mumbled half asleep.

JiHoon gave a little grumble and left the room. He walked to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. His mom and uncle isn't waking up so he decided that he will wait while playing with his toys.

As the boy stacked his legos he wondered what it will be like if he got a pet. Maybe he will try and get a puppy? A cat? Or even a hamster? He wasn't sure but what filled his mind was getting a furry friend.

After 2 hours or so he heard sounds coming from the bathroom, he knew his mom was awake. He quickly cleaned up his crayons and toys then proceeded to walk to the bathroom.

"Mommy can we go to the pet shop now?" JiHoon half asked half whined.

Jimin nodded with a toothbrush stuffed in his mouth. JiHoon immediately jumped in joy.

"Go wake uncle Hobi up ok Hoon? " Jimin told his son after spitting out the froth in his mouth.

The boy happily agreed and rushed to Hoseok's room. Soon they had a really tired looking hope, an overly excited young boy and a groggy looking mom out the door ready for some pet shop visiting.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mommy look at that orange cat! It's so cute!" JiHoon chirped as he pointed to one of the furry creatures in the glass cage.

"Oh yea! Look Hoon, there's a little white kitten up here! It's so precious! Awwww." Jimin cooed and picked his son up to see the fluffy snowball.

Hoseok on the other hand was horrified. Holding on to his jacket's sleeves with his dear life Hoseok felt as if he was chocking. Even with mask on he felt his nose itch due to the smell of animals which wasn't effecting anyone else but him.

"Uncle Hobi! Look at the puppy! It's eyes look like yours!" The young boy exclaimed.

Hoseok nodded and didn't say a word. He knew that if he had spoken, his voice would crack causing both Jimin and JiHoon to worry.

The 3 of them patted along and adventured deeper into the shop. JiHoon was bewildered by all the animals and would point out anything that perked his interest. This caused the 2 older man to smile. How could the boy be so adorable.

Suddenly everything came to a halt when JiHoon asked the dreaded question.

"Mommy, please can I get that cat?"

Before Jimin could even respond Hoseok jumped out then pulled his mask off.

"No! JiHoon we absolutely cannot get the cat!" Hoseok immediately protested.

"Ok then..." JiHoon said with a voice laced with a little sadness.

"You're not gonna argue?" Hoseok questioned in shock.

" No... because you said no and erm you keep sneezing when there's cats around." JiHoon said while looking at his uncle.

"Well then, that was easy." Jimin said giving Hoseok his infamous eye smile.

Pinching his nose in between his fingers as his eyes waters, he followed the 6 year old boy and his mother out of the pet shop. A great sense of relief was felt. He never thought that the boy would have maturity like that. Hoseok gladly grabbed the boy in his arms and gave him a peck on the forehead.

"Since you've been such a good sport I'll treat you to anything you want Hoon." Hoseok declared.

"Yay!" JiHoon shouted loudly in the older's arms.

"Hyung you don't have to, I ca-"

"No, I want to, come on let's go." Hoseok interrupted and dragged Jimin with one arm and JiHoon in his other.

Within 20 minutes they settled in a barbecue restaurant. They ordered many dishes and Hoseok insisted that he would pay while Jimin argued over him. JiHoon sat there silently enjoying his meal. He wondered why his uncle was so happy, he didn't even do anything. In his mind all he was thinking about was how his uncle's loud sneezes would definitely scare the little animals. Maybe he should ask his mom for a fish instead.