Memories...Old Friends...

A Glimpse of the Past

I walked slowly down the same path, looking at the trees whose leaves were already gone. Winter is coming...

Nothing has changed, from the streetlight on the right side to the bench between two oak trees. I stopped walking and just stared straight to the end of the path. No one's around...no one to see me...no one to see the tears that started to form in my eyes...no one to see the drops that hit the cold floor.

While I held the umbrella tighter, I can see each memory clearly...

Pieces of the past that can never be seen throught those balck and white photographs...

~~~~

MEMORIES:

"Whoo~hoo!!"

I closed my eyes and let the cold wind slap my face. I wrapped my arms tighter to Heechul's waist and looked at the motorcycle alongside ours. Yesung and Geun Young matched our speed, laughing. I smiled at him, though deep inside me, I was aching.

Heechul and Yesung were two of the most important people in my life. My bestfriends. But soon, one of them will leave me...

"I will propose to her."

Heechul slapped Yesung's back when he said those words to us. They were together for two years, a strong couple. Though sometimes they fight, it will be resolved without any fuss. Of course that's because of our help.

Back to reality, tonight, we will be sending Geun Young to her night classes. As the motorcycles halted, I chose to stay to my seat and just waved at the woman while Yesung sent her off. I removed my eyes from them when I saw the kiss coming. I would be a fool if I say that everything was okay...

"Aish, remove your snake arms on my waist even just for a while Chae Rin~ah. Do you want me to suffocate or what?" Heechul hit my arms.

This man, though he acts really stupid sometimes, know how I feel for Yesung. But the two of us cannot do anything to stop Yesung's heart from loving Geun Young right? So, in order to help me, he always gives me something else to think of when the sweetness is coming.

"Mianhae..." I squeeshed his waist some more but careful enough not to hurt him.

"Tsk...babo, babo, babo." He hit my head playfully.

The engine of Yesung's motorcycle bursted our silly little bubble. He laughed, maybe thinking that we're being lovey-dovey all the while. That stupid Yesung, too naive...

"Let's go to Apgeujong..." he asked us.

~~~~

"Yesungie." I pulled his arm.

The three of us walked the streets of Apgeujong with arms linked together after leaving the motorbikes on their apartment. I was in the middle, being the only girl.

He looked at me and pulled my arm too. "Wae?"

"Piggyback me."

To my entire shock, he crouched and waited for me to climb his back. "What are you waiting for?"

Usually, he would rather say that his back is aching or make any excuses. Tell me that I'm heavy or complain a lot. But instead, tonight, he agreed without saying anything that I wanted to cry. He's really leaving me soon. He's starting to do things that I tell him...

I climbed his back and he lifted me effortlessly, Heechul pulled my jacket to hide my back.

"Hoosh...your heavy."

"Liar..." I looked down and saw him walking straight.

I lost a few pounds...why? Because of stress, and the reason was of course the bubble boy himself. Trotting slowly, it felt really good with my arms around his neck. I pressed my head near his and closed my eyes when Heechul's phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?..." he looked at us. "I'm with Yesung and Chae Rin...aish, araso. Ne."

"Wae? Your mom calling you already?"

"No, it's just Jay asking me to pick him up." he told me. It was a lie and I'm the only one who noticed his nostrils, something he always does when he lies. "Yeobo, you take care of our child, huh?" he pinched Yesung's face really hard before mine and left.

I laughed. "You two acts like my real parents sometimes, do you know that?"

We spent the night together eating dokbokki and walking. He carried me again while we head home. It was a quiet night, we don't even need to talk because the silence felt really good. Why does good things end really fast?

"Yesungie...charhaebwa...(good luck...)" I hugged his neck tight.

He lifted his hand and pressed my hand...it was warm. A contrast to the cold weather, the start of winter is coming...When he put me down and looked at me, holding my hands in his glove covered ones, I wanted to pull him and tell him not to marry her. But I can't do that can I?

"See you." he said in his low voice.

I nodded and let go of his hands. We walked towards two different ways, but I can't seem to remove my eyes from him. I ran back and hugged him from behind.

"Yesungie...do good araso?" Tears started to fill my eyes. "Do good..." My voice rattled and I just let my tears fall.

He stood just like that...not saying anything. I wanted him to say something. Say that he will do good and make Geun Young his wife. Tell me that he will be happy. Tell me that he will...

He removed my hands and turned to me, my head looked down not wanting to meet his eyes. He lifted my face. "I will do good...Chae Rin~ah...for you..."

~~~~

I wiped my tears and started to walk again.

Did he propose to her?

Did she accept?

I sighed and started to walk again. I should have waited for the thing to happen. Instead, I left without even saying goodbye...