Looking back

A Glimpse of the Past

I sat on the last seat of the train to Seoul from Incheon. It's been a while since I stepped a foot in Korea. Five years since I left for a job to Europe, and here I was at last...home.

A whistle blew, signaling the closing of the doors, I inhaled and closed my eyes. Somebody sat beside me but I chose not to open my tired eyes. I let time pass like that, just closing my eyes without drifting to sleep, thinking of the ways to spend my stay in Seoul.

A few minutes later, the train stopped. It was time to transfer to another train.

The person beside me left first while I fixed my things. I stood and noticed the book beside me. I picked it up, was it left by that person?

I ran to the door and looked around, a lot of people were already walking towards the next train. Where can I find you? I don't even know if the person beside me was a man or a woman, a sigh escaped my lungs before heading to the train the book still held firmly in my hand.

~~~~

"A Glimpse of the Past"

I whispered, reading the title of the book. It was still new, it doesn't even have the owner's name so I decided to just read it and leave the book. Anyway, it will still take a few hours before I reach my destination.

I flipped through the pages and realized that it was a photobook. And it was not just a set of photographs, even if I flipped and flipped some more, the photos there...was indeed a glimpse from my past.

Bringing memories...

Moon Geun Young

Yesung

The photographers' names were printed on the lower right side of the pictures, a sad smile formed in my lips.  All the pictures were in black and white. An empty street. Classrooms. An old man sitting in front of an ancestral house. Everything brings back the memories.

Yesung...Geun Young...

Did they end up together?

A collaboration...was it their past?

I closed the book and stood. It was painful to see. As I stepped out of the train and head to the place where the pictures were taken...I thought I was still seeing everything in black and white.