Chapter 18

What You Can't See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N looked up surprised, “Leo!”

Leo smiled, “What you did back there…why?”

N looked down, “I saw what a hard time Hongbin was having today, then I saw you were going to step in. You’re one of the most valued people in the class, it was easier to take the fall. They won’t think much of it, I’m not really noticed.”

Leo looked at N, “I notice you; I always have.”

N was surprised by Leo’s response, Leo immediately added, “You’ve been the class president since middle school!”

N laughed, “Well, thank you.”

Leo slid into the car next to N and asked, “That poem, isn’t that the one you quizzed me on the first time we studied together?”

N looked at Leo, “You have really good memory. It is, It’s been in my backpack ever since.”

“I recognized it as soon as those idiots started reading it.”

N looked down, “Don’t worry about it.”

Leo couldn’t help but look at N’s hand, “They didn’t hurt you did they?”

“Huh? Oh, uh no.”

Leo leaned back and sighed, “Cause if they do I’ll teach them a lesson.”

N really couldn’t believe Leo would be willing to fight those other guys for him, “Really it’s fine! I may not look it but I’m a pretty tough guy.”

Leo had to hold in a laugh, N was a tiny guy, he was so thin and with his injuries looked even more fragile.

Leo immediately began thinking about what he was thinking about earlier, “Hey N?”

“Yes?”

“Why haven’t you been picking up my calls?”

N looked at Leo surprised, “Oh I forgot to tell you! I’m so sorry! I broke my phone when I fell, I haven’t been able to get a new one! You haven’t been trying to reach me have you?”

Leo felt slightly relieved that N wasn’t just ignoring him, but was bothered by what N had told him, “No, I was just wondering.”

The rest of the ride was silent and they went up to Leo’s room, N pulled out a paper and set it down on the desk, “There you go!”

Leo moaned, “Another test?”

N bit his bottom lip, “I know you listened to those CD’s, you should be fine!”

Leo sighed heavily and plopped down in the chair, he grabbed a pencil and started to take the test. N stood behind him to the side giving him his space, Leo looked up and said, “N?”

N looked to him, “Yeah?”

Leo pointed to the bed, “Sit on my bed and work, or you can even lay down. You should rest.”

N looked over at Leo’s bed, he wouldn’t feel right sitting on it, “Oh no I’m fine really!”

Leo stood up and grabbed N’s good hand and pulled him over to the bed, “Oh come on, just do it.”

N was surprised, Leo gently pushed N to sit on the bed and then lightly hit N with a pillow on his good side while slightly laughing, “Was that so hard?”

N laughed and finally relaxed a little, “Thanks.”

N crossed his legs as Leo went back to taking his test, N pulled out a book and started reading. After a while N leaned back to read, he glanced over at Leo who seemed frustrated with the test. Leo sighed, “N I don’t know.”

N looked up, “Here hand me the test.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter