Oblivious.

Oblivious.

“Hey, uh...have you guys seen Minie?” Soonyoung questioned his table of friends. Minghao and Jun stopped face long enough to shrug indifferently and Chan gave him a dirty look. “Yah! What's that for?” Soonyoung reeled back offended by the glare.

“I can't tell you, till you figure it out by yourself!” Chan spat out and got up from table leaving a shocked blue headed boy in his dust. Chan never yells at anyone like that. What did he even do? Soonyoung wracked his brain for the answer. He sat back and closed his eyes to recall the event. All he remembers is hanging out with Jihoon and….


“Come on! I gotta hurry up and finish my homework so me and Seokmin can have a naruto marathon!!” Soonyoung wined to his childhood friend. The silver haired shorty just grunted in annoyance and refused to respond. Soonyoung knew his policy on copying. “But you let Seungcheol copy your all the time!!”

“No. I do not.” Jihoon huffed.

"So you telling me all those ‘study dates’ were actually studying and that's why he went from straight D’s, except in gym, to A’s and B’s?” Soonyoung held his chest in a pseudo shocked state. Jihoon hissed at his insinuation and glared immediately.

"Of course we were studying!! What else could it be- don't answer that you ert.” Jihoon cut him off when he came to the conclusion of what his ‘friend’ meant.

"ohonhonhon!” Soonyoung made grabby hands and wiggled his eyebrows, stalking closer to the small teen.

"St-stay where you are!” Jihoon commanded but who was he kidding? Soonyoung never listened to him and the day he would, would be a day pigs would fly. Soonyoung pounced on him without a second thought and wrestled him to the ground. He started to ruthlessly tickle him in submission. “BWAHAHAHAHAA!” Jihoon crawled and kicked, desperate for escape. However, to no avail. Soonyoung was too strong- which pissed him off more. So, he did the only thing a guy his size could do; he bit him.

"yyyeee-OOUCH!” the blue haired boy let up to cool off his hurt hand. It was at that time when the classroom door flew open and Seokmin was there shocked and shaking.


"But why?” Soonyoung wondered. He feels it might be because he didn't warn the boy that he was going to take some time, but if Seokmin knew that Soonyoung wasn’t doing his homework and was constantly getting in trouble Seokmin would refused to hang out with him till he did! “Ugh this is too hard…” Soonyoung shook his head. He opened his eyes and saw that Jun and Minghao had left him there with out so much as a warning and he was looking like an idiot all alone. “Geez, could’ve at least told me they were leaving! What’s their problem?” ever since yesterday, Soonyoung had been getting dirty looks from all his friends and a death glare from Seungcheol but he couldn’t figure out why.

As the bell rang for them to start heading back to class all but Soonyoung went back to their respective classrooms. Soonyoung didn’t quite make it because of someone pushing him into the nearest janitor's’ closet.

"Yah! What the fu-”

“Shut it.” a voice that resembled Jihoon’s scorned. “You! It's all your fault we're in this mess.”

“What?”

“Don't ‘what?’ Me, you idiot!” Jihoon yelled. Soonyoung whimpered at his ferociousness then hung his head in shame. “Hah…” Jihoon sighed and rubbed his throbbing forehead. “Look, you need to go find Seokmin and explain that we are just friends okay?”

“uh..Okay?” why should he have to? Everyone knows that Jihoon hates Soonyoung and more importantly they’re seriously just friends. “AH!” Soonyoung suddenly sprouted up. “I get it now! Seokmin thinks I’ve replaced him with you! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!” the blue headed boy nearly choked from laughter. His sniggers visibly annoying the younger.

“Ha.Ha. Shut up,” Jihoon bopped the blue headed boy on his forehead. “I don't care if you can’t figure out the Seok has for you but I just need you to clear up this mess because Seungcheol thinks I’ve cheated on him and he. won’t. stop. crying.” Jihoon stressed rubbing the vein popping out his forehead.

“Okay, okay, will do- don’t get your stuck in a bunch!” Soonyoung cheerfully said while patting Jihoon on the back quite hard. The silver haired boy glared and shook his head. Soonyoung happily walked out with Jihoon following behind. The hallways were empty because everyone was in class, but they did cross paths with a wild Seungcheol who witness them leaving the small space. Jihoon’s eyes grew wide and he started after the burly football player but it was too late. Seungcheol just started to wail loudly and ran away.

“CHEOLIE! WAIT! I CAN EXPLAIN!” Jihoon yelled after him. “!” he swore and stomped his foot. “You better fix this.” Jihoon sternly said with eyes that said “if you this up, I you up.” Soonyoung gulped and nodded silently. Jihoon then ran after his distraught boyfriend.

Soonyoung realized he still had so much time left of class but he didn't feel like going just to get yelled at so he went outside to take a nap under his and Seokmin’s tree. He never learned what the tree was actually called. He was sure it has some kind of predefined name before he and Seokmin had arrived and scratched their names in the base of the trunk but to him it was special because it was it was their own place- a safe haven for them to forget the day’s worries and sit under the shade as if they’re being protected from the outside world. It was a place he wasn’t required to think because everything was so simple, so easy to comprehend and there was no hidden meaning behind anything.

But there was. There was a deeper meaning to that horrified look Seokmin wore. There was a specific reason all his friends were angry with Jihoon and him. He did have to think about what he did, if he wanted to get his best friend back. He just had to think. What in the world was Seokmin’s purpose in the way he talks with him. He never used formal language with him or regarded him in a hyung-like way.

It wasn’t like Soonyoung hated it though. It’s just the way he liked it. No one could tell that the blue haired teen was actually older by his actions alone. The way Seokmin only looked at him in this way was also special to Soonyoung as well. He found himself feeling arrogant because Seokmin would vocally and physically show that Soonyoung was his favorite hyung. It was quite similar to how Jihoon and Seungcheol acted just with the difference that he and Seokmin were strictly just best friends. So, it was different.

But how was it different? They kissed and hugged similar to Jihoon and Seungcheol. They sleep over eachother's houses the same as well. So what's the dividing factor?

Soonyoung frowned up at this question. He shook his head. He was in the safe place he shouldn’t have to think. Thinking was not the thing to do right now. He waved it off and proceeded to take his nap.

An hour later, he woke up and went back to his regular schedule trying to find Seokmin in between classes but to no avail. This streak of bad luck continued until the last bell rang and the school grew significantly empty along with Soonyoung’s soul. It had only been a day but he swore he was going through Seokmin withdrawals. He’s all he can literally think about. He’d already sent many texts to the other’s phones and his so-called friends won’t tell him anything. He just misses his Minie.

As more and more people left, Soonyoung decided to try to see if Seokmin was in his class. He had came there earlier during break but was told Seokmin had went to the bathroom but when he checked every bathroom stall in the building (even busting in on Mingyu and Wonwoo’s make out sess) he hadn’t found Seokmin at all. When he approached the classroom again he started to hear a voice. He stopped to listen closely and immediately got excited as it was the voice of his best friend he was 100% sure of that. He practically swung the door open in abandon and was just about to yell at Seokmin for ditching him the whole day. Until, he next heard another voice, a female voice and he froze.

It wasn’t like he was afraid of girls. It was just that he had never seen Seokmin talk to a girl, let alone in a classroom after hours alone with him. Soonyoung’s hand unconsciously flew up to his chest to grab his heart. Is this how Seokmin felt when he caught Jihoon and him in the classroom together before? Was it this painful?

“Oppa...I love you...will you date me?”

Soonyoung sputtered quietly hiding back behind the door. He hoped they hadn’t noticed them but a part of him really wished Seokmin wouldn’t look at her and ignore him. That was his look, only he could have Seokmin’s full attention. Who was the one who said that Soonyoung’s expressions and face were so interesting he can’t help but stare? So, why is he only looking at that girl?

“Chomi…” Seokmin started. Soonyoung shuttered trying to hold back a wave of emotions that were currently threatening to knock him off his feet. He bailed before he could even hear the answer. He knew what it was. Regrettably he made a cluttering sound as he fled the scene. Seokmin watched longingly as his hyung escaped.

A cute girl like that, who would decline? She was also sweet and athletic, just Seokmin’s type. And her body line was no joke, 35-24-35 she had a perfect hourglass figure with long legs and a small face. She was every guy’s dream. So, Soonyoung didn’t need to hear the end. A much better option than Soonyoung if you'd ask the man himself.

Soonyoung questionably wiped tears that escaped. He was crying without understanding why. He thought maybe it was because he knew that once Seokmin got a girlfriend there would be no more time for his hyung in his life. Soonyoung walked home, crying. He skipped dinner and went straight to sleep, trying to forget what he had just witnessed.


Morning came rolling around, and Soonyoung couldn't find it in his heart to be cheerful. His usual morning text didn't come and the bright atmosphere just came off obnoxious and disgusting. Who could be happy when he felt so ty?

“Soonyoungie, dear, you must eat your breakfast.” Soonyoung’s mom warned him. The blue haired boy nodded in understandment but he didn't move. His mom just shot his father a worried glance. His father cleared his throat and nodded telling her it was okay.

“Hahahaha!” he suddenly let out a boisterous laugh. “He's just having girl problems it's normal for his age!” his dad's constant nonchalant attitude always gave his mother grief. She sighed settling back in her seat.

After breakfast, Soonyoung convinced his mom he’ll eat well at lunch and headed off to school. Anyone who saw Soonyoung didn't have to know him to know that he was depressed. His down casted features completely contradicted his bright blue hair and slighty upturned eyes. It was as if the pout he was going against everything he was known for. As if he wasn’t allowed to be this way. And the worst part of it all; he had no idea why he was feeling this way.

When he got to school, he did the most un-Soonyoung thing to do, he went to straight to class. There he sat there quietly, shocking everyone. Even Jihoon watched warily, but he did not dare to talk to the older because he look so far down in the dumps.

“Hyung...are you okay?” Chan placed a worried hand on his hyung’s shoulder. It was true that yesterday he was quite pissed with his hyung but today with that expression he couldn't stay mad for too long. Soonyoung nodded and have a small smile but they all knew it was fake. It didn't have that pizzazz it usually had when Seokmin made a dumb joke or when the two of them would say the same word at the same time and their faces would totally lighten up with the exclamation of “dude…”

The rest of the day went on like that leaving everyone feeling a little….well off. If the hallways weren't filled with the obnoxious sound of the triple S’s (Soonyoung, Seokmin, and Seungkwan) then it was a gloomy hollow day.

“Ah! Hyung!” Minghao hissed as Soonyoung made another mistake and bumped into him. Soonyoung quickly apologized and instructed to take it from the top. However, just as before he kept on making mistakes until Jun decided kicking him out ‘till he was feeling better would be best. They don't need a dancer who can't concentrate to be on their team when the competition was approaching fast.

“Aish!” Soonyoung started to mess up his hair and scratch his scalp. He had wandered back to the tree staring at the same etched in pair of names that couldn’t be complete without the other. “What is wrong with me?!” he screamed at no one in particular.

“That's what I've been wondering for years.”

“Eh?” Soonyoung almost jumped out of his skin. That velvety voice he could recognize anywhere. Soonyoung faced the man in question with tears in his eyes.

“Ah! Hyung you're crying?” Seokmin questioned in surprise and started to wipe his tears unknowingly making him cry more. His warm, kind hands massaging his eyes and rubbing his head. Making all his previous insecurities disappear. He just felt much better for some reason.

“What about your girlfriend?” Soonyoung manage to ask between sobs.

“Huh? Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend hyung that would be cheating.” Seokmin smiled when Soonyoung basically collapsed in his arms in relief. “Hyung...do you know why that would be cheating?” Seokmin gently pushed the older away so he could see his tear stained face clearly.

“Umm...no?”

“Hyung, you felt lonely today, you felt empty and sad and resenting feelings towards me, Chomi, and yourself,” Seokmin explained.

“Eh...that’s true but I don’t know why…” this caused Seokmin to chuckle. His hyung sure was something else. He could be so honest and innocent yet so dumb and hurtful.

“It was jealousy, hyung.” Seokmin gave in and answered. He figured he’d grew tired of the whole waiting game since it was evident that he wasn’t getting it and for both their sakes he ought to put him out of his misery. “The same kind of jealousy I felt when I caught you and Jihoon together but you couldn’t understand why that was.”

“I still don't…” Soonyoung apologized. He was getting a headache. The tree was a place of nothing, he shouldn’t have to mull over a question this hard.

“Aigoo, hyung, you’re pitiful...but I guess that’s what I love about you,” Seokmin smiled cheekily. Soonyoung was just sniffling away his tears when he paused for a moment.

“Eh?”

“Eh?” Seokmin mocked before laughing like a maniac. “Gawd, it feels so familiar to say that word even though you probably never heard me say it before to you,” Seokmin focused out on the landscape beyond them and not on the boy next to him with the redden face still trying to figure out whether he heard right or not. Seokmin then quickly turned to Soonyoung and made the older face him. He grabbed the smaller’s shoulders and made him tilt upward so when he leaned down they met in the middle and their lips sealed against one another. Soonyoung’s eyes almost fell out of his head. When they parted all he could do was smile playfully and giggle.

“What was that one for?” he inquired feeling a little light on his feet. Feeling really giddy from the tingling sensation on his lips. It wasn't too weird since they often played like this.

“I love you, hyung.” Seokmin answered back twice as serious and kissed his crush again.

“Minie-wait, what are you trying to say?” Soonyoung questioned once more growing a little more nervous than before. However, Seokmin was not backing down. He kissed Soonyoung for the third time and this time he made sure to poor all his feelings into it. He lugged Soonyoung to his side and placed his hands on the dancer’s hips reveling in the natural apple shape they held. He made sure to be aggressive yet loving making Soonyoung pant from how hot he was getting. Seokmin slipped his tongue into the dancer’s mouth and immediately wrestled him into submittance. Soonyoung obliged carelessly and obviously. They stayed like that for a moment just tasting each other until Soonyoung pulled away to gasp for air.

“Kwon Soonyoung,” Soonyoung stopped sputtering to hear what Seokmin had to say next. “I love you.” Seokmin finalized with raw unmoving emotion. He wanted to break through to Soonyoung that this wasn’t a friendly dongsaeng-hyung love. He wanted to do so much more and none of those things fell under brotherly.

“Nnn…” Soonyoung nodded finally understanding and stared down at the hard ground. He wasn’t sure what to make of this. His closest friend, his other pea in the pod had just confessed his love to him. Seokmin loved him, not Jihoon, not Chomi, but Soonyoung. In Seokmin’s eyes, Soonyoung was better than anyone in the world and he wants to keep him right by his side. These thoughts alone made Soonyoung happy. And while the dancer was an idiot, he wasn’t oblivious to love.

Seokmin watched with nervous eyes as he saw Soonyoung battle internally with himself. He knew confessing would make him feel better but he doesn’t know how he’ll make Soonyoung see his own feelings. When Soonyoung’s expression calmed as if he had came to a realization that's when Seokmin grew even more scared of what he might say. He still could get fately friendzoned like many times before.

“I love you too.”

“What?”

“I love you.”

“Wait-WHAT?!” Seokmin questioned with a big smile plastered on his face.

“Lee Seokmin- I LOVE YOU!” Soonyoung screamed so he wouldn’t have to say it again. Seokmin just beamed and pulled his phone out and messed with the settings for a second to put it on recording mode.

“I’m sorry, one more time?”

“Just shut-up and kiss me, idiot,” Soonyoung rolled his eyes and grabbed his bestfriend’s collar pulling him down so that their lips reconnected.


Bonus:

The next day, the two of them walked into the school hallway; hand in hand. They smirked, waiting for their friend’s shocked faces when they see them acting so close.

“Ah. So, you guys finally made up?”

“Eh?” they groaned in unison. they were expecting more shocked reactions but instead they only received the same dull “so whats” as before. Soonyoung pouted, he felt like it was a big deal but no one else seemed to be seeing it that way. Seokmin laughed at his cute little pout and pecked it away making their friends gag at the sweet gesture.


A/N: Aigoo! I'm sorry the formatting was all weird like! I was just trying upload it so I didn't even check! Anyway I'll fix it better later….I hope this wasn't such a fail… Orz I'm tryna get all my ideas out like now.