Baby don't play

More love in the dorm

at this rate i'm gonna end up updating once a month lol

Baby don't play - Dahyun x Nayeon (+other side pairings)

Rating: This one is pretty safe. I showered with holy water after last chapter.


 

"Ugh. Stop doing that! People can see you."

Dahyun demanded to interrupt her two friends, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, who were sharing a kiss on the other side of the table.

"Calm down. No one will see us in this area." The youngest one said as she separated herself from her girlfriend to properly accommodate on her sit.

"You're just jealous." added Chaeyoung.

"Yes, Dahyun. You could be doing that with Nayeon right now if you weren't so stuck up."

"What are you talking about?!" a bothered Dahyun asked.

"shhh. Chill, don't yell." Chaeyoung scolded her hitting her on her hand. "And you know where Tzuyu is coming from. We know your secret."

"I don't have any secret. And I don't like Nayeon, if that's what you're implying."

"Oh please, Dahyun. Don't tell us you have never thought about it." Chaeyoung apparently had a valid point, because Dahyun couldn't manage to come up with anything to defend herself.

"We have seen the way you look at her." Tzuyu added.

"Nonsense." Was all Dahyun could say in an attempt to deny their accusations.

The three of them turned their heads to the room's entrance as they heard the waitress coming in to bring their orders. "Here's your cheesecake," Said the lady, lending the plate to the couple "and your ice cream."

"You become so shy when she gets close to you." Chaeyoung continued the conversation as soon as the waitress left "It's actually really amusing to see." She said laughing as she sassily took a bite of the cheesecake.

"And see how you haven't stop grinning since we mentioned her."

"What? I'm not smiling because of her. I always smile." Dahyun claimed as she was, ironically, trying really hard not to smile to disprove her friends' point, utterly failing, of course.

"But it's a different smile. I know." Chaeyoung said giving her a cheeky wink. She was clearly not going to let this pass, it was her opportunity to tease Dahyun for a change.

 

"I already threw some hints at her and she rejected me!"

Nayeon's loud voice made everyone in the place look at them making Jungyeon feel embarrassed.

"Maybe she didn't catch it. You know she's not exactly the brightest crayon-"

"Do NOT dare to say that about her again!" Nayeon blurted out loud, her face was red in anger. Everyone's eyes, even the staff's, were on them again and Jungyeon was staring at her, pleading her to lower her voice. She cleared "I mean, I know she's smart enough to catch it. I was very upfront. I asked her to kiss me, several times, one time even on camera. You saw it, everyone saw it."

"Well, she wasn't going to kiss you on camera." Jungyeon replied emphasizing her evident point. "And, actually, I think that doesn't really have to do with being smart. Some people can't just catch hints. They're hints for a reason, they're supposed to be ambiguous signals. How can you expect someone to read them the way you want them to?"

"But I know for sure she does."

"Okay, If you're so stubborn then just keep doing it, don't give up." Jungyeon said in a sarcastic tone, taking a sip of her iced coffee before she continued "Or better yet, you can talk about it with her without your weird 'hints', just tell her straight forward that you like her, without pulling one of your tricks because she probably thinks you're just playing around."

"I have no desire to humiliate myself, thanks." Nayeon firmly replied with her arms crossed.

Jungyeon rolled her eyes. Nayeon has no solution.

"Don't roll your eyes at me like that. So rude." Nayeon complained, kicking Jungyeon's leg under the table making the later almost spill her drink. "She's doing what you are doing to Momo." she continued.

"What? What am I doing to her?"                                                  

"Playing dumb!" Nayeon yelled making Jungyeon furrow her eyebrows "See? Here you are, acting like you don't know what I'm talking about."

"Because I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Of course you do!" Nayeon made a pause to calm down, crossing her arms in annoyance "You pretend you don't notice so you don't have to face it." She added in a lower tone.

"Shut up." Jungyeon huffed and took the straw into to finish her iced coffee.

 

"She seems to flirt with you a lot. I think she likes you too." Sana affirmed in a reassuring tone to Dahyun.

"I don't think so." Dahyun replied apathetically "She's flirty, that's just her nature, I don't think I'm any special to her."

"I'm pretty sure she flirts with you more than anyone else. It has to mean something." Mina addressed.

Dahyun was still skeptical. She only knows one thing for sure and that is that she likes Nayeon, and she was finally accepting it to the point that she was actually asking the couple about it. But does she even stand a chance? Nayeon often flirts with her but that doesn't necessarily means she like her back. "Maybe she knows I like her so she does it to tease me."

"What? Nayeon wouldn't do that! I'm surprised you think she has bad intentions." Mina spoke to defend her friend.

"You're right. I'm sorry. What I'm saying is that flirting doesn't necessarily means something. She could be doing it just to play around, whether she does it consciously or not."

"Have you thought about telling her?" The oldest girl asked.

"No. Why would I?"

Sana opened in shock "What do you mean 'why would I'? If you don't ask her then how are you supposed to find out if she likes you?" She questioned, visibly bothered by the girl's reluctance.

"I can just ignore it, to be honest, it isn't really that big of a crush. I just like her, that's it."

"Don't lie to us." Sana protested, unable to believe Dahyun obviously fake claims "What do you want from her?" she asked with curiosity.

"Well… I do want something like you two have." Dahyun admitted.

Sana and Mina smiled lovingly at each other, making even Dahyun's heart flutter.

"Please, stop, I'm dying from sweetness… and envy, whatever happens first." She said lowering her face to hide her reddened cheeks.

"Aww." The couple exclaimed in unison, excited at Dahyun's confession.

"Don't make fun of me!"

 

"How old are you? Twelve? This is a stupid idea and you know it." Jihyo protested as she was being dragged by her arm by Nayeon.

"You know I respect you as a leader, but I'm the older one so I have more knowledge."

"What knowledge? All those dramas you watch? You know those tricks don't work out for real."

"Just do as your unnie says, pretty please?" Nayeon's cute smile eventually made Jihyo resign and stop complaining.

The two girls reached the living room. What Jihyo didn't expect was to be thrown in the couch by Nayeon who was now sitting on her lap "What are you doing? Why do you always have to be so over the top?"

"Jisoo-ah~ you're so funny" Nayeon exclaimed as she laughed put loud while playing with Jihyo's hair. A puzzled looking Momo and a disturbed Tzuyu were watching them from the other side of the room.

Sana, Mina and Dahyun also came from the kitchen and encountered the two girls on the couch. Nayeon saw Dahyun from the corner of her eye. She tried not to smile knowing that her plan was going steady, but it was still missing something, so she decided to lower her face towards Jihyo's shoulder, pulling her hair to the other side of her head so it was visible to everyone when she proceeded to bite it.

"What the-?" Jihyo almost jumped from her seat when she felt the pain on her shoulder "okay, get off me. This is enough." She furiously whispered to Nayeon, subtly shoving her away "You seriously have no boundaries."

Nayeon turned around, Dahyun wasn't there anymore. Damn, she missed her reaction.

 

Sana and Mina followed Dahyun into her room, the youngest was reaching through her things to find something to distract herself with so she could fight the tears forming in her eyes.

Dahyun didn't say anything but Mina sensed that she didn't exactly want them there at the moment, but Sana wasn't going to leave her alone.

"Dahyun-ah, don't be sad. It probably wasn't what you think."

"I'm not sad." Dahyun answered in an unusual cold tone, taking a deep breath to calm herself.

If it's not what she thinks then she was right, Nayeon's flirting games were just that, meaningless games. But what was that with Jihyo? Was that a game as well? Was she playing with both of them then? Or maybe she has feelings for both? No matter how Dahyun thinks about it, it never makes sense. Nayeon is not easy to read and all this effort to understand the older girl was giving her a headache. And was it worth it? Who knows? Who even knows if what she said earlier was true and Nayeon was just tricking her while she was Jihyo's all this time?

"Dahyun-ah, listen to me." Sana’s calming voice pulled her away of those thoughts. "I really think you should talk about it with her."

Dahyun shook her head "It's better if I forget about this."

"Come on, Dahyun, don't give up. You were never this afraid, you're the most daring girl I've ever met, what has changed?" Sana made a pause to let Dahyun process her words "Tell her." She insisted.

"Why should I? Didn't you see them?"

"We don't even know what was going on there" protested Sana.

"I'm sorry, Dahyun-ah" Mina intervened "Seeing her with Jihyo was also a surprise for me. I didn't know she was like that. I thought I knew her better."

"Mina-yah! I'm sure that wasn't what it looked like, don't discourage Dahyun like that."

"I'm just saying she should wait for more signals." Mina said earning a disapproving glare from Sana "Just to make sure."
"She will get tired of waiting then." The oldest replied to her girlfriend in a serious tone.

"Alright, girls, don't fight over this." Dahyun sighed as she sat on her bed hugging her own legs. "Please, leave me alone for a while. I'll think about it."

 

"Thanks for helping me arrange this mess, unnie."

"It was no trouble." Nayeon answered with a sincere smile. She sat on the bed in front of Dahyun's and tapped it as a signal to the younger to sit next to her "I thought you were mad at me." she said, bringing up the fact that Dahyun was avoiding her earlier that day.

"How could I?"

Both girls lowered her head to avoid eye contact. Nayeon kept opening and closing trying to say something until she finally gathered enough courage to do it.

"Dahyun-ah…" the younger girl lifted her head to face her "give me a kiss."

Dahyun felt becoming dry, she giggled awkwardly to ease the tense atmosphere "Stop joking around."

"I'm not joking around." Nayeon said firmly, pushing her pride aside so she was able to look at Dahyun in the eyes.

Dahyun stared at her for a moment. Her heart was increasing its beating. She's usually the opposite of a shy girl but suddenly she's out of words. She remembers what Sana told her, but why was it so hard for her? How should she even start?

Nayeon was feeling a pain in her chest. Why isn't Dahyun doing or saying anything? She's starting to think of a way to slide this as a joke so she can leave and don't bring this up ever again.

Luckily, after a few seconds of hesitation, Dahyun went ahead and moved closer to give Nayeon a kiss on her lips. A rather chaste kiss that barely lasted a few seconds but still made them feel an intense sensation building inside of them. They looked at each other's eyes without saying any words for a moment before Nayeon pulled Dahyun into another kiss, this time holding Dahyun's neck with both hands to make it more passionate as she has been waiting for this kiss for a long time so she was determined to take all she could.

Unfortunately after less than a minute Dahyun pulled back to speak "Tzuyu will come in at any second, she will kill us when she see us on her bed."

Right on time, the door opened and the maknae was there, shooting them the deadliest of glares, making them stand up from the bed as fast as they could.

"We're just about to leave, Tzuyu-ah." Nayeon declared grabbing Dahyun's hand to walk out of the room.

Once outside Dahyun noticed she was recovering her confidence. This is her chance to ask Nayeon out. She stood in front of the older girl and smiled at her nervously. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were right, she becomes so shy when she's with Nayeon, but now that the obstacle is over she has nothing to be afraid anymore.

"Nayeon-ah."

"Yes?"

Dahyun collected all the courage in her so she could do her next move "Let's go to the coffee shop, I want to buy you an ice cream."

"I'm the older one, I should be the one buying you ice cream" replied Nayeon with a confused look on her face.

"But… I'm just trying to take you out on a date!" the dumbfounded and frustrataed Dahyun exclaimed.

Nayeon giggled "I know! I'm just teasing you. Let's go." She said as she interlocked her fingers with Dahyun's.

Nayeon really loves playing around. At least this is the kind of teasing they both enjoy.  

 

 


 

I'm a bad girl who updates inconsistently, please forgive me.

Also forgive me for pairing everyone in this but leaving Jihyo basically alone :c if you have Jihyo ships to suggest do it so I can write (someday lol) a chapter to make it up.