GETTING TO KNOW MORE

WE BELONG TOGETHER (HYERI’S VERSION)

 

Indeed became friends with one of the famous people is not fun. The only thing that i gain is enemy. Exhibit A was the girl at the stadium. This is because every practice that insoo had, he will ask me to come. Even the guard there know me. The fan club president clearly dislikes the idea of me coming every practice session. But what can she does about it. Insoo and a few of the national players are my friends. (Evil Hyeri is back). The same goes to school. But my girls’ classmates like how i become closer to insso, so that i won’t disturb their crush in the class. How funny. After knew that insoo is the national rugby player, i went home that day with a smile. There are no more secret within us. But i manage to tackle hyorin for not telling me who insoo was. She just laughs while i tickle her down. She said that insoo don’t want it to be the reason why i became his friend or other. But then i realise that there was no need for me to get mad.

                Three months had gone since i befriend with insoo and we still use formal language. I still think that it was unnecessary for me to change it into banmal. Even though the psycho couple, which is hyorin and sunggyu keep asking us to change our language. One day my name being called by the teacher and is ask to stay after school because there is something that need to be done by me. i just agree and after bid my farewell to hyorin, i walk to the empty classroom that the teacher ask me to wait. When i went inside, there are a few other students that already waiting there and i knew all of them. There are the 3rd year students but different class from me. i take a seat at the back and talking briefly with the other student. They, themselves do not know why our teacher ask us to wait here. Then the teacher comes in with insoo trailing behind him helping the teacher carry some kind of paper.

                “Thank you Student Kang. You can have a seat to” Insoo went to sit beside me obviously even there some of his friend from his class. The teacher actually wants to send us to attend some seminar being held in the other school. She just picks randomly and we are the chosen one. The seminar will be held at a high school that is in the different district. After hearing the name of the school, i felt like my blood being drain from my body. This cannot be happening. I was trying hard to forget about the past and know it come back again. The whole explanation that being explained by the teacher is not that clears to me anymore. By the end of the explanation, i meet the teacher and ask her to change student. Sadly, it can’t be done without a clear reason. What should i do? As i walk to the front gate, i can feel my wrist being pulled harshly by someone. That person spun me around and insoo’s face comes in front of my eyes.

                “What is wrong? Are you sick? Why?”

                “Nothing. My head just hurt and i want to go home. Can i?”

                “Sure, let me walk you home”

                “No need for you to do that. I can manage to go home by myself. You have practice right? Go and sorry i cannot come today” i crack a smile for him which i know that he will not buy my fake smile.

                “i know something is not wrong. If you feel it right to tell me, i will be there. For now, just rest ok?” he pats my head lightly and watches me walk away to my house. The walk to my house seems so fast when it actually takes 30 minutes walk from school to my house. I don’t know how i manage to walk that far. When i come home, it is a thank God that i lived alone with hyorin. After a bathe, i decide to sleep so that all that happen was actually a dream. But before i climb to my bed, hyorin comes in without knocking the door. Her face looks worried.

                “Wae hyorinnie?” While climbing into my bed. Hyorin also climb to me bed and sit beside me.

                “insoo just called and said that you look different after meeting with the teacher. Were he there too?”

                “Yup. We will be going to a seminar next week and the students being pick randomly by the teacher”

                “But why you look different?”

                “The school is in the other district and we will have to spend three days there. The school is A High School, hyorin.”

                “What? No you cannot go there. Ask the teacher to change the student. If possible, i will go” her voice sounds serious.

                “Already tried that but it did not work. I have to go”

                “But.... There......”

                “i know. So help me figure it out. Can you? But first let sleep because my head hurt”

                “I will” and that night, hyorin sleep besides me.

                That morning i tried to be cheerful but it sound fake. Hyorin has gave up on giving a rational ideas and somehow come out with an unreasonable ideas. She even suggests hitting me with a car if it can exclude me from attending the seminar. But i manage to decline because i still want to lives. During lunch, insoo looks at my face worriedly and tells me that my cheerful self sounds fake to him. He also asks if i’m really ok.  Hearing that, hyorin suddenly comes to insoo and my seat and left sunggyu behind alone.

                “hyeri-ah, I think i know what to do about that case?”

                “What case?” insoo asking

                “hyeri, before that you have to tell insoo everything. It’s ok and i hope that insoo will help hyeri”

                “But....”

                “Of course i will help” insoo cut my sentence.

                “Okay if that so, hyeri, this is the plan” she wishpered the craziest plan ever, yet i think it will work if insso willingly to help. Right after hyorin finish talking, sunggyu come and drag hyorin to their seats.

                “urm.. insoo-ssi, will you help me? Because there are only you who can help me” i look at his face

                “hyeri-ssi, it hurts me when you do not trust me. Of course i will help you” he smile and i just smile. This time sincerely.

                “Okay if that so, can we meet at the park near after your practice end?”

                “Okay. Meet you there. And i promise that i will help no matter what”

                “100% insoo will help you. I guarantee. Even if you ask him to rob a bank, he will do it hyeri” sunggyu’s voice suddenly bomb out of nowhere. Insoo send him a death glare and i just laugh.

                That afternoon, i decide come early to the place that we promise to meet. I look up to my watch and its 15 minutes near 5 o’clock but insoo is already waiting there.

                “Wait, i thought your practice ends at 5. Isn’t it always ends at 5?” i look at him with curiosity.

                “Hehehehehe.... i ask the coach to release me earlier than usual. So what is it?”

                “Haish. Ok i will tell you but i really hope that you will help me Insoo-ssi. Because i think after you heard the story and the solution that my crazy twin suggested earlier, you might think twice”

                “Pabo. I already told you that i’m willing to help no matter what. Just like what sunggyu said earlier, i will help you no matter what the case.” I take a deep breath. Telling him the truth is just like open up the wound that i had tried to close for so many times but in the end it still left bleeding in my heart. Deep in my heart, i hope that this day would never come and deep in my heart, i hope that he will help me.

                “Firstly, i actually used to be a student at the school that we will be going next week. You should know that the school has middle and high school section in one place right? Hyorin and i used to be a middle school student at that school, and believe me when i say that my characteristic is worst than hyorin” insoo looks shock. Well he must be.

                “Well, i’m a lot louder and a hyper student back then. At the second year of middle school, i fell in love with one of my classmate. You can say that he was a kind of troublesome kid but he is nice to me. don’t look at me like that insoo-ssi. I was a kid back there.....”

                “I didn’t utter a single word hyeri-ssi. I just try to concentrate” i hit him hard at his arm and he just smile playfully.

                “Yes you are. Ok back to the story. Chansung and i were kind of perfect couple. We did our homework together, studying together and all of the stuff but only one thing was that we never had a public date. Hr never asked me to go out with him out of the school. We only do our thing in the school ground yet, i never ask him why. One day, i was waiting for hyorin to finish her cleaning duty at the main gate when.... when.....” my tears start to fall unconsciously. It hurts to remember the thing that had wound my heart deeply. Then i feel a hand my tears.

                “If you don’t want to continue, its ok. Just tell me the solution for your problem.” Insoo talks to me while his hand still at my check.

                “Its ok.” I just smile half heartedly and take his hand away from my face. For some reason, i feel safe.

                “Well, when i was waiting for hyorin, a high school girl just came out of nowhere and slaps me hard on my face. I just dumb struck there. People started to gather around. I ask the older girl what was wrong and she accuse me for stole her boyfriend. I told her that i already had a boyfriend but, she then slap me again. It hurt inside and outside. She started to called out bad names for me and humiliate me as if i’m a . Then chansung came and immediately hugging the older girl. He apologized to the girl saying that he was just playing around with me. He said it like i was never there. At the same time, hyorin was finish and she slap chansung hard on his face and drag me home” while telling him that, i do not realise that my hand is shaking until insoo grab my hand. He looks at me and his face clearly asking me to stop but i just shook my head.

                “I was accused as a girl at the school and being seen as the bad girl. Plus my attitude at school back then was a wreck. That chansung acted like nothing was happen and he ignored me. Only hyorin and a few friends stayed by my side. But chansung was my first love. It hurt me deeply and that was why i transfer to my London after summer break. But after a few years, i think that i have recovered and decide to finish my high school here. Eventually, i never thought that i have to go back to my old school.”

                “When i see that boy, i will kill him. He was so wrong to mess with you. Why must you meet him firts?”

                “Hahahaha. Funny Insoo-ssi. What do you mean by meeting him first?”

                “Nah, it....it’s because if you know me first, i will kill him when he hurt you back then because i was there.”

                “yeah sure. So the craziest solution is,....”

                “You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend in case you meet up with him right?”

                “Wow.. a hundred marks go to Kang Insoo. If ever you are this smart in class....”

                “Yah.... don’t change the topic”

                “Yeh ahjusshi. Hehehehe. Yep that was hyorin’s idea. But it was not ‘in case’ situation because he was there. Still studying at the same place. Can you do that, insso-ssi?”

                “Yes i can but you have to drop the formality first hyeri-ssi. Call me insoo oppa” he agrees immediately without any hesitation. Insoo oppa? Is he crazy? We are at the same age.

                “oppa? Are you crazy? Dropping tha formality is ok but not with oppa. Why?”

                “I’m actually a year older than the rest of you.” But he looks like a high school student.

                “Are you trying a very lame joke?” insoo then shove me his ID card which clearly states there, he was born a year before me. i look at him confusingly.

                “Does hyorin know? Because i never heard she call you oppa”

                “Nope. Only sunggyu does because i actually had to repeat my first year as a high school student due to my injury. I was injured during the national championship and was held a year. Only insoo knows because he was my junior in elementary school.”

                “oh. I see. Ok. Insoo oppa.” He looks startle when suddenly i call him oppa but then he just smile. A very bright smile.