HOW WE BECOME CLOSE

WE BELONG TOGETHER (HYERI’S VERSION)

 

That Monday run as always. Some boring homework and teacher’s babbling. When it’s lunch time, sunggyu arrives with, to my amusement, insoo too. He seems persistent to get to know me. I feel hyorin poke my waist. I just smack her tight and she just grin in pain. Well i do have a strong hand though. Hahahaha.

                “Hi hyeri. Sorry for yesterday and today i bring you the man himself who really wants to apologize to you. Oh and hi darling” sunggyu immediately sits beside hyorin and starts too rambling about stuff that i don’t even want to know.

                “urm..Hi. Sorry for yesterday. I never intended to being such an uncomfortable appearance to you” insoo talk while standing besides my desk and scratching the back of his head.

                “urm.... why don’t you have a sit first?” i look up to him and smile. He seems to be dumbfounded by my action and slowly drag a chair.

                “See i told you she is nice actually. No need to be scared of her because she is totally a different person from monster hyorin” sunggyu suddenly speaks loudly and it continues with a loud thud signalling he is being smack hardly by hyorin. I just laugh and insoo does the same thing.

                “Have you had lunch?” i ask him because it is clearly lunch time right now and hyorin, sunggyu and me are currently eating. Well, sunggyu and hyorin just bickering as always.

                “urm... sunggy said that he wants to see hyorin and i tag along. Well.... i”

                “Clearly you haven’t had your lunch so, care to share?. Its kind of boring and at the same time irritating to eat alone and also to hear and watch all the things the romantic couple doing” i smile.

                “yah....me and sunggyu are not couple. Aish” hyorin smack my back. Jeez its painful.

                “clearly. Imagine what i had to face for the past three years with sunggyu as my seatmate” insoo laugh. I high five him and being follow by hyorin and sunggyu scream.

                “finally i have a person who can understand my turmoil feeling towards these two” i speak while offering him my chopstick and lunch.

                “yeah.. we make a very good team and friend aren’t we?” friend? Me and him?

                “hyeri-ssi? Did i said something bad? You don’t want to be friend with me?”

                “ah.....aniyo. i’m fine with it. So friends?” i held out a hand and he takes my hand in his. Heat starts to arise from my cheek. Great.

                From that moment, every lunch, sunggyu and insoo will come to have lunch with us. Sometimes insoo will eat my lunch or he bought something to be shared with me. As usual, during lunch time, the only person that had a normal conversation is me and insoo while the other two, as usual, in their own world. After a few weeks, i notice that when insoo walks at the hallway, girls will swoon at him and i wonder why. He is indeed a handsome boy but there are plenty of handsome boy at our school. But insoo are different because the other boys also shows some respect to him even though he is not that smart (he blurted out one day that he either placed last or second last in every test).

                One day when he walks me to my locker, i decide to ask him..

                “insoo-ssi, why are there looking at you?” he stop opening his locker which is actually just a few away from mine.

                ‘what do you mean?”

                “well, the girls practically swoon over you and the boys always bow to you. Are you a gangster?” he laughs and knock my head lightly

                “silly girl. No i’m not. Well if i’m a gangster, what will you do?”

                “huh.... firstly i will ran away from you and next..... i will figure out later” i just answer lightly. There is no way he is a gangster.

                “if you want to know, why don’t you come to this place this evening?” he held me a piece of paper

                “why? Do you want to abduct me?.... stadium? Why?”i look at him confusingly

                “aigoo....kiyeopta. no i won’t abduct you and i will not harm you either. Just come will you?”

                “arasso. But for your information, if you dare to do anything, i have a black belt in taekwondo”

                “neh...hyeri-ssi” he just laugh while waving at me.

                Later that evening, after successfully sneaking out from house without being notices by hyorin, i walk to the stadium. Well the stadium just about 20 minutes away from my house so i decide to walk and at the same time i can exercise a bit. When i’m getting near to the stadium, i notice that there are a quite a few people inside the stadium. I wonder if common people is allowed to enter the stadium during weekdays.

                “excuse me miss. But you cannot enter the stadium today. If you want to meet the player, you can wait after they finish with their practice” a guard comes to me. See, common people are not allowed. But what practice? Football? Baseball? Hurm...

                “oh. I’m sorry. My friend asked me to come here today but i think he might forget. Sorry” i just bowed and ...

                “hyeri-ssi, wait.” I turn and see insoo running towards me. Few people saw it and starts to point at him. wait, what on earth is he wearing? Some kind of jersey.

                “mianhaeyo ahjussi but this is my friend and i invited her here” insoo grab my hand and bow to the guard. The guard just nod and insoo drag me away. He pulls me towards the seats and asks me to sit. Then he runs back to the mid field and starts to do something that i recognized as stretching. He sees me and waves. A few people near the seats just looking at us and i definitely feel akward. Then a girl came near me with a stern face.

                “excuse me but what are you doing here? This is a close practice”

                “urm... my friend ask me to came. He is there” i point at insoo which now is playing....rugby?. he plays rugby

                “yeah i saw he practically drag you here. But how do you know insoo oppa?. Are you one of his stalker? Die hard fan?” she starts to interrogate me. Stalker? Me?

                “fan? Insoo? Why?” i ask with confused face.

                “you are not insoo oppa fan? But why are you here?”

                “i already told you. He asked me to come and i’m his schoolmate. But why must i be his fan? Who is he actually?” shock clearly written on her face.

                “YOU DON’T KNOW WHO IS KANG INSOO AND CLAIMED TO BE HIS FRIEND BUT YET CAME HERE?” did she just yelled to me? Oh boy you messed up with a wrong girl **tch. (Sorry)

                “what is going on here hyeri-ssi’ thank god insoo is here or not the girl will be badly injured.

                “insoo oppa~~~.... who is she?” erk.... does she has a fever or what? Bipolar much.

                “hyeri-ssi what is happened? Are you ok?” insoo just ignored the girl and look at me. Well great

                “yeah i am but you have a lot of explanation to do. Do your practice already ended?” insoo just nod

                “great, i will meet you outside and before that care to explain to this little girl that i’m not you fan, stalker or whatever she thinks of me” i glance to the girl and left. But i can hear insoo yelling at the girl. Heheheheheh (indeed i’m kind of evil)

                I decide to go to the guard and ask him about the rugby team that playing inside.

                “urm... ahjussi, can i ask what team does the players inside belong to?”

                “agasshi, are you new in town? They are the national rugby team”

                “what? oh...thank you so much ahjussi”

                “oh and agasshi, your friend just now is kang insoo. One of the permanent player to the team.” I just smile and left the guard. National team? Why hyorin never mention it before? No wonder he is kind of famous.

                “huargh....”

                Suddenly a pair of arm hugs me from behind. Definitely its insoo. I shove him and glare at him

                “insso-ssi you have a lot of explanation to do here.” He just smiles sheepishly but i find it cute. Quit it hyeri... you are supposed to be mad at him.

                “urm.... i’m kang insoo,a national rugby player. That girl is actually our fanclub president. Yeah.... and don’t say anything about it. We have to endure with her because she is one of our major sponsor’s doughter”  oh that explained her attitude just now. I fold my arm and heading home leaving insoo clueless.

                “hyeri-ssi, are you mad” insoo runs and caught bag. A few second after that i burst into laughter. Insoo’s face when he saw me leaving and laughing after that is an epic.

                “yah.... why are you laughing?”

                “nothing. At first, i’m actually mad at you  but now i realised that we just befriend for a few weeks and it basically a normal thing friend would tell others. so, can i be you diehard fan or stalker?” i ask playfully.

                “if its you, i will find a way to manage it” then we just laugh.